( search forums )
The Great Ignore of 2005
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Rambo_6
September 24, 2005, 6:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`

P.S, why do you twats even give this complete idiot jebus attention? Thats all he wants, yet with obvious reason i'm sure none of us want him around. So why post?

= Genius.

Okay, here's the idea. If you see any lame posts/threads by jebushunter/any of those of the 12-year old spammers, follow these simple instructions.

1. Don't post anything in it/ post anything referring the them. Even if it's tempting enough to burn the hell out of them, just refrain from fuelling their nonsensical tyranny of the destruction pain elimination.

2. Never quote them. It just makes them feel special.

3. Don't attempt to correct them, they seem to be immune to grammar laws.

4. Let their threads die, so we don't have to have it in the top of the subforum forever, collecting spam and flames until it gets full enough to explode into a ball of magma and dead baby fetuses.

5. If nobody seems to want to listen to this, then post a link to this thread where it may be needed most.

TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A BETTER TOMORROW! START THE GENOCIDE!

Chakra`
September 24, 2005, 8:42 pm
Thank you. And you're right, i do feel special!

mar77a
September 24, 2005, 9:22 pm
Rambo_6 <3. I was wanting to start a thread like this but I am lazy, and my english sucks. Thanks, and let the "Ignoring" begin.

September 24, 2005, 9:26 pm
CRISATUNITY

blackdevil0742
September 24, 2005, 9:36 pm
make this "sticky" not Sticky^^ :P

paramud
September 25, 2005, 12:29 am
Actually, I've seen this tryed on other forums, and it doesn't help at all.

Atleast it didnt at those forums...

frogboy
September 25, 2005, 1:26 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudActually, I've seen this tryed on other forums, and it doesn't help at all.

Because you kept posting anyway.

Michal
September 25, 2005, 1:31 am
I shall partake in The Great Ignore.

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 1:53 am
this is a great idea sooo PLZ STOP POSTING SHIZASHA LIKE "jebushunter sux" "what the point of my post" "jogsdiogfnjosdgnjidfghjignjisdngfiognjisdfnhgjsdgfjisdb you" "jebushunter go eat a kid with the nade"

Rambo_6
September 25, 2005, 2:04 am
We aren't posting crap liek 'jebushunter sux'. We're telling you that your grammar is godawful, and that you aren't cool. You're plaguing the forums with your nonsensical posts and such blasphemy. So learn to type and grow a sense of maturity before you go about posting jibberish like your last 5 threads all of your threads.

frogboy
September 25, 2005, 2:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 We aren't posting crap liek 'jebushunter sux'. We're telling you that your grammar is godawful, and that you aren't cool. You're plaguing the forums with your nonsensical posts and such blasphemy. So learn to type and grow a sense of maturity before you go about posting jibberish like your last 5 threads all of your threads.
So much for the ignore.

n00bface
September 25, 2005, 2:26 am
ignoring doesn't count in this thread since this is meant to stay at the top of the forum anyway.

Vijchtidoodah
September 25, 2005, 2:37 am
Hahaha, Rambo, we tried the same thing before and all that came of it was that Paramud, aznbl00d, and HHH denied the fact that they were the ones who didn't belong and began to flame eachother instead of getting the point.

What you need to realize is that it only takes one person to respond to their stupid posts to make them think that they're wanted here (or that they can leech the forums of all the attention that they need) and that a boycott of responses to them does nothing.

I think I've got the best method for keeping them in check and it's worked so far: just ignore the stupid posts, but not all of them; correct them when they need to be corrected; and if, by pure chance, they make a normal post, respond to it like you would anyone else. That doesn't just go for the so-called "12-year old spammers," I use it all the time regardless of who it is (with a few exceptions, I know).

If you do that, you're not only shunning people's idiotic posts, but you're encouraging them to be someone that isn't so annoying.

Rambo_6
September 25, 2005, 2:48 am
Aye, that would work too. I think that is most likely the best way to deal with them.

Although it would be beneficial to jebushunter to know these things: I'm not trying to insult you jebushunter, but your lack of maturity and grammar really gives you a bad name. Try to use capitals at the beginning of every sentence, use punctuation, and make an effort to spell properly. You'll get all the more respect for it. And you won't seem like a 12-year old child.

n00bface
September 25, 2005, 3:34 am
If jebushunter seemed like a 12 year old child, then I would be grateful. Right now it seems as though he's still in his womb kicking the keyboard through his mother's stomach. Even if you seemed like a 7 year old child I would be grateful, just follow UGK's example.

mar77a
September 25, 2005, 3:44 am
=D <3 n00bface's sense of humour.

"(...)kicking the keyboard through his mother's stomach.(...)"{

^ I doubt that's possible. I suggest wireless.

paramud
September 25, 2005, 4:22 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by paramudActually, I've seen this tryed on other forums, and it doesn't help at all

Because you kept posting anyway.

No, I wasn't the one spamming.
Not all of your stereotyping is correct, Frogboy.

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 5:42 am
Lmao!
[URL]

UGK
September 25, 2005, 6:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6quote:Originally posted by Chakra`

P.S, why do you twats even give this complete idiot jebus attention? Thats all he wants, yet with obvious reason i'm sure none of us want him around. So why post?

= Genius.

Okay, here's the idea. If you see any lame posts/threads by jebushunter/any of those of the 12-year old spammers, follow these simple instructions.

1. Don't post anything in it/ post anything referring the them. Even if it's tempting enough to burn the hell out of them, just refrain from fuelling their nonsensical tyranny of the destruction pain elimination.

2. Never quote them. It just makes them feel special.

3. Don't attempt to correct them, they seem to be immune to grammar laws.

4. Let their threads die, so we don't have to have it in the top of the subforum forever, collecting spam and flames until it gets full enough to explode into a ball of magma and dead baby fetuses.

5. If nobody seems to want to listen to this, then post a link to this thread where it may be needed most.

TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A BETTER TOMORROW! START THE GENOCIDE!

SO you trying to ignore me?

quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceIf jebushunter seemed like a 12 year old child, then I would be grateful. Right now it seems as though he's still in his womb kicking the keyboard through his mother's stomach. Even if you seemed like a 7 year old child I would be grateful, just follow UGK's example.

LOL waht?

Captain Ben
September 25, 2005, 6:36 am
What does UGK do that's bad?

DeMonIc
September 25, 2005, 8:22 am
Keep breathing :(

But seriously.. he doesn't post helpfull stuff, he just writes random things.. his grammar is also pretty horrible.

UGK
September 25, 2005, 8:33 am
yeah I type too fast and i sometimes dont get the right key. But is my grammar worst that Jebus?

lastpatriot
September 25, 2005, 12:57 pm
No... but what's the rush?

blackdevil0742
September 25, 2005, 1:24 pm
Blames internet..

Rambo_6
September 25, 2005, 4:21 pm
It's true, UGK. Lots of your posts aren't really relevant, and you don't seem to like grammar and punctuation...

Just take the time to capitalize letters, post relevant material, etc. and you'll make everyone happier.

Belier13
September 25, 2005, 4:48 pm
OMYGOSH LOOK AT ME IM A 12 YEARS OLD SPAMMER LOOK FAST LOLOL IM SO KEWL

Kazuki
September 25, 2005, 7:25 pm
Well, when we get to the topic of posting things that contribute, there's nothing to really contribute to ... Rarely do interesting threads get created. The Fan Art and Movies forum is dying; the Bash Pit is just full of crap that came of the nothingness in peoples' heads; and the Lounge is never very interesting anymore, except for (like I said before) the interesting threads that are created rarely. If we didn't have people posting pure stupidity, these forums would be home to tumbleweeds.

I'm not disagreeing with anything said here. Just trying to look at the story from another perspective.

UGK
September 25, 2005, 8:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742Blames internet..

No I do not blame the internet like the other guy who made two topics.

quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 It's true, UGK. Lots of your posts aren't really relevant, and you don't seem to like grammar and punctuation...

Just take the time to capitalize letters, post relevant material, etc. and you'll make everyone happier.

Yeah I'll do that. Thanks.

a-4-year-old
September 25, 2005, 8:43 pm
i sure am glad nobody is inoring me...
guys... Guys this isn't funny!!!

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 8:47 pm
Haha! I'm twelve years old, and I'm no spammer!

(Looks back at post and realises the irony)

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 8:51 pm
It would have sounded better if this was done a year earlyer, "ah yes, i remember the great ingnore of 2004, it t'was indeed a stormy night..."

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 11:18 pm
I wish we could just ban them. ;C

papasurf31
September 26, 2005, 12:02 am
Modding forum is dying. I expected a boom of weapon mods since the release of 1.3, some high quality ones mixed in throughout. But, it seems that the update has caused modding to be even MORE unpopular than it already was. Perhaps Polyworks is drawing more people to mapping with it's sheer sexiness, but that can't be the WHOLE reason.

Oh, and I'll join on the ignoring.

Rambo_6
September 26, 2005, 12:09 am
quote:Originally posted by SDFilmIt would have sounded better if this was done a year earlyer, "ah yes, i remember the great ingnore of 2004, it t'was indeed a stormy night..."

"Tell us about the great ignore, grandpa"

"Oh, it was horrible Jimmy, there were spammers and destroyed threads everywhere..."

paramud
September 26, 2005, 1:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6quote:Originally posted by SDFilmIt would have sounded better if this was done a year earlyer, "ah yes, i remember the great ingnore of 2004, it t'was indeed a stormy night..."

[navy]"Tell us about the great ignore, grandpa"

"Oh, it was horrible Jimmy, there were spammers and destroyed threads everywhere..."

You fail at forum code.
[IMAGE]

a-4-year-old
September 26, 2005, 1:12 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudquote:Originally posted by Rambo_6quote:Originally posted by SDFilmIt would have sounded better if this was done a year earlyer, "ah yes, i remember the great ingnore of 2004, it t'was indeed a stormy night..."

[navy]"Tell us about the great ignore, grandpa"

You fail at forum code.
[IMAGE]

hey people make mistakes, its you nobody likes

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 1:24 am
I WILL JOIN INTO THIS PERIOD OF TEH GREAT IGNORE.

oh wait, I usually ignore most threads on this forum anyways :O. :D

UGK
September 26, 2005, 3:08 am
And ignorance stars....NOW!

Captain RibMan
September 26, 2005, 4:21 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old

HAHAHA BURN PARAMUD

paramud
September 26, 2005, 4:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain RibManquote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old

HAHAHA BURN PARAMUD

Its people like you that caused the other forums to go up in flaming spam when they tried a great ignore.

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 5:06 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 We aren't posting crap liek 'jebushunter sux'. We're telling you that your grammar is godawful, and that you aren't cool. You're plaguing the forums with your nonsensical posts and such blasphemy. So learn to type and grow a sense of maturity before you go about posting jibberish like your last 5 threads all of your threads.

my bad "your grammar sux" i think i missed that one

Vijchtidoodah
September 26, 2005, 5:10 am
Did you hear something, Captain RibMan?

Captain Ben
September 26, 2005, 7:00 am
quote:Originally posted by paramud
Its people like you that caused the other forums to go up in flaming spam when they tried a great ignore.

It's people like you who say you're leaving, only to return and be more hated. You're an internet Kim Beazley!

LazehBoi
September 26, 2005, 7:55 am
I couldn't care less about grammar and punctuation, but the amount of spam on this forum sure has degenerated it to a shadow of what it once was. It's sad. :(

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 12:30 pm
looks like this isn't working.....

silly Suasag3
September 27, 2005, 12:36 pm
so if we dont read 12 year old threads we cant read dis one oh dam it looked soooooo good. :P

silly Suasag3
September 27, 2005, 12:40 pm

haha u spellt like wrong hahahahahaha shameage oh and gramma sucks monkey gonads ahahahha....seriously u say to jebushunter all tis crap when ppl say it to u,u try to actlike a big fulla really ur a blonde 10 year old who likes old lolly pops(a disciption of my brother)

Rambo_6
September 28, 2005, 12:36 am
...Because that didn't seem like it was written by a blond 10-year old.

Seriously, try to make sense before you try to insult my one typo. I can spot at least 10 in your post. Your name is even a typo.

Now go get lit and jump off a roof.

T-Money
September 28, 2005, 10:24 pm
Retard. He mis-typed once and you jump all over him, making an ass of yourself and offending several grammar and spelling rules in the process. It's not so much perfection that Rambo's asking for, I think. Just that we can actually make sense of what jebushunter is saying, because more often than not it's actually, literally indecipherable.