( search forums )
Ruger Revamped
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
T-Money
September 24, 2005, 7:32 pm
All right, I'm starting up on a mod in my little spare time...so far I've only made one gun, but I'm fairly pleased with it so I thought I'd put it up here just to get feedback and maybe some help from more experienced modders. Don't flame please, if you hate the gun tell me why and how I can improve it. This is my first time making a weapon modded weapon mod, if you catch my drift, so ideally I'm looking for somone to d/l the .ini file as well and see how the balance feels.

Original : Ruger-77

Replacement : Ruger Mini-Thirty. Mini-Thirty was the model but I decided to change a few things that I didn't like about the gun's look.

Weapon Mod Stats

Damage = 180
Fire Interval = 25
Ammo = 6
Reload Time = 105
Speed = 370
Bullet Style = 1
Startup Time = 0
Bink = 15
Movement Accuracy Penalty = 2

It might look overpowered from the stats, but the balance in-game is actually okay, mostly because the slashed damage makes up for the lightning reload, larger clip and high velocity. It's a difficult weapon to kill with, as much so as the normal Ruger, IMHO. Three good shots to the head/torso will kill at medium range, longer range it might take more. If you fire point-blank or from above directly on your opponent's head it's pretty much a two-shot kill. People like Extacide who are real good with Ruger will be as good with this.

Screen

[IMAGE]

Interface screen only, the weapons.gfx looks decent but not great. But it's not like you really notice that as much as the interface.

And the D/L

EDIT: Previous zip contained prototype weapons.gfx. Correct files up.

[URL]

SPARTAN_III
September 24, 2005, 8:33 pm
nice, nice, keep up the good work. nice detail on the interface graphics, but the look very familliar. did you take them from elsewhere? if you did, thats stealing.

Silent Soldier
September 24, 2005, 8:47 pm
Yeah, it looks nice but it's bigger than the default weapons, could you make it smaller?

T-Money
September 24, 2005, 9:31 pm
Spartan- I absolutely DID NOT. Everything you see was made completely, entirely by me. I've tried to mimic the styles of some mods I've seen on here, so maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Silent Soldier- I thought so too, but I tried to make it smaller and it looked wierd.

Deleted User
September 24, 2005, 11:32 pm
For me it is nice ....what else I can say ?

T-Money
September 24, 2005, 11:50 pm
Thanks, guys! Always good to hear positive feedback. And Dairy, do you mean you actually d/led it? Or do you just think it looks nice?

Ray.Dyo
September 25, 2005, 9:38 am
Ahah ! Very nice weap :)

T-Money
September 25, 2005, 7:07 pm
Thanks. I'm currently working on the rest of 'em, the mod might be out next week or so if I feel like it.

IlIdan
September 25, 2005, 7:24 pm
looks real cool... How WoW :)

I like it

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 9:15 pm
I mean It looks nice. I didn't d\l it. For now...later maybe

Source
September 26, 2005, 3:07 am
looks very good.

GAMEOVER
September 26, 2005, 6:13 am
Thats the best ive seen aside from the 1 im using now.

[IMAGE]