( search forums )
~~~Dual Weapon Wielding
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Kevinb1577
September 25, 2005, 4:44 am
i think it would be cool if you picked up 2 MP5's (kill one person, dissarm your 2nd slot, and take 2nd MP5) and could dual wield them, like with the desert eagles, but you could only do this with some guns, not the barret or Grenade launcher (i forgot its name)

Kyklis
September 25, 2005, 4:50 am
No.
1) This is not halo 2.
2) This would effectively ruin the game.

Guns that could even BE dual weilded?

Deagles = Well, you already have 2. Unless your soldat can grow 2 more arms, dual weilding with this is impossible.
MP5 = This could be dual weilded, but would be stupid. Somebody could basicly hide behind a box, lob bullets over it. It would just be overpowered.
AK = WAY too overpowered.
Aug = Couldn't be dual weilded, and would be horribly inaccurate if it could.
Spas = Couldn't be dual weilder, too strong if it could.
Ruger = No. God no. Would be horribly overpowered ( Baret would be useless )
M79 = No. Would be sorta pointless anyways.
Baret = Again, pointless. 1 bullet kills instantly, and I'm sure it wouldn't be TOO usefull for killing more than one.
Mini = Horribly Inaccurate, a bit too strong, ect.
Minigun = Self Explanatory.
SOCOM = Would pretty much be deagles with a bit less damage and more ammo.
Knife = Oh hell no.
Chainsaw = Pointless AND stupid.
LAW = ......

In short, no. And don't ever suggest it again.

EDIT: Also. It's called " SEARCH ". Magical Invention that allows you to know if somebody has already thought up you unbeleivably intelligent idea.

EDIT2: Bleh, seriously though. It's not a BAD idea, it's just that it wouldn't work well with Soldat. Besides, the controls seem weird to me. How would you dual wield? You said empty your second slot and pick something up, but what if you wanted two different weapons? Maybe pick up 2 weapons, and press g or something to dual wield both of em?

Kevinb1577
September 25, 2005, 5:05 am
well the more i think about it, it would only work with the mp5

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 5:14 am
Perhaps you could press a button to "combine" your primary and secondary (And only your primary and secondary). Instead of using the butt of your rifle at close range while dual-wielding chainsaw or knife you'd use them. And if your run out of ammo you automatically use your socom (If dual-wielding it). If you crouch with the LAW dual-wielding you'll automatically fire it instead.
Thats probably the only way dual-wielding could work in Soldat without being overpowered, but it renders the whole concept of "two slots for weapons" useless unless using two primaries or two secondaries...

- Tek -
September 25, 2005, 6:07 am
All I want is special dual wield moves. All I'd really want in a deagle move where you crouch down, and shoot both deagles left and right. I know that would mean redoing the whole deagle grapphic and its system, but it would be so cool. Or perhaps a spas special, wher eyou dopa flip and shoot all around you in a cricle. These would only be usefull as close up move's though.

Kyklis
September 25, 2005, 7:11 am
It would be cool, but hardly usefull. I mean, the chances of actually killing two people with the deagle move you mentioned are horribly low.

vash763
September 25, 2005, 7:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Kyklis
Chainsaw = Pointless AND stupid.

YOUS LIE

- Tek -
September 25, 2005, 7:56 am
quote:Originally posted by KyklisIt would be cool, but hardly usefull. I mean, the chances of actually killing two people with the deagle move you mentioned are horribly low.

True, but I was thinking it's main use is in places like spawn points, in equinox for example. That little area will get you killed if you don't make some magic happen.

numgun
September 25, 2005, 10:40 am
how about combining weapons in dualwield mode? and also as we now have the weapon editor to change the damage and stuff, we can make it all balanced. this would be cool with the halo XP mod. and i dont think its neccecary that the accuracy would lower in dual wield.
good/bad

+two guns= 2x power
+able to split hands into 2 directions for killing ppl from both directions(1 hand pointing right, other left)

-cant throw nades
-cant switch to secondary (or maybe u can? decide this)

Meandor
September 25, 2005, 11:27 am
This would be good only as a modding possibility. Currently, it would only make sense to have 2 mp5, 2 socom and 2 knives - all the others are too big to have 2. And those three would be overpowered, just like the rest.

Deleted User
September 25, 2005, 12:24 pm
go play the punisher this suggestion is not good idea i say

Keron Cyst
September 25, 2005, 4:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kyklis... Chainsaw = Pointless AND stupid....
Actually the Chainsaw doesn't kill in one rip right away so a victim can get away with 5%- health (I did once), so that'd kill instantly every time.

MisterX
September 25, 2005, 5:25 pm
Bad idea. Soldat already partially has an aweful balancing. Michals goal should now be balancing what's already in the game, and not adding more so it's gonna be even worse :)

numgun
September 27, 2005, 12:28 pm
just implement this for the sake of modding, pleease?!

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 12:57 pm
put it in the weapon editor for modding... i just realised, its a weapon editor to edit the original weapons not a weapon creator. To my memory you can make dual weapons, you change the weapon gostek to look like your holding too and change the bullet gostek so its two bullets, there actualy is a dual mp5 mod ...now who created that *ponders*

UGK
September 29, 2005, 2:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunhow about combining weapons in dualwield mode? and also as we now have the weapon editor to change the damage and stuff, we can make it all balanced. this would be cool with the halo XP mod. and i dont think its neccecary that the accuracy would lower in dual wield.
good/bad

+two guns= 2x power
+able to split hands into 2 directions for killing ppl from both directions(1 hand pointing right, other left)

-cant throw nades

How are you goin to point left and right at the same time with one mouse?

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 2:28 pm
It would be either impossible for this game, or so dam hard MM would probably scrap the whole idea.

Kyklis
September 29, 2005, 3:09 pm
Good point Keron. However it would like terribly awkward if someone is running around with 2 chainsaws o.o.

i am ahab
September 29, 2005, 4:50 pm
yeah this idea dont float my boat.

its hard enough dodging the rounds from one good auto/ruger player let alone the barsted having 2 of the bleedin things...

numgun
September 29, 2005, 7:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by UGKquote:Originally posted by numgunhow about combining weapons in dualwield mode? and also as we now have the weapon editor to change the damage and stuff, we can make it all balanced. this would be cool with the halo XP mod. and i dont think its neccecary that the accuracy would lower in dual wield.
good/bad

+two guns= 2x power

-cant throw nades

how? play a game called ''matrix rayne'' <--(type that into google) and u will see ; ) it has dual wielding too

kylerlandry
September 30, 2005, 2:14 am
Only one that would work would be mp5. It would be nice to combine your rifle with knife making a bayonnet of sorts like in soldier of fortune with the AK. To balance this there could be a longer draw time to get your knife off your gun to use separatly(couldn't just switch weapons and throw knife as fast as you can right now).

CottonTheMoth
October 1, 2005, 11:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by Kyklis... Chainsaw = Pointless AND stupid....
Actually the Chainsaw doesn't kill in one rip right away so a victim can get away with 5%- health (I did once), so that'd kill instantly every time.

OR, you could have a chainsaw pointing out of each side of you..XD
WEE SHIELD! lol..this idea wouldn't really fit into soldat at all.

- Tek -
October 2, 2005, 5:29 am
quote:Originally posted by UGK

You wouldn't do it with the mouse, the guns would go stiffly left and right. It could be set az the Z key or something.

CacoDemon
October 9, 2005, 5:19 am
mygod.. if this was an FPS, then i bet dual welding would b awesome, BUT THIS IS [CENSORED]ING 2D!!!!!!!! CMON!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM! unless michal makes an update and 50% of all bullets will not hit u if they fly in ur direction, like the to beside u, but not THROUGH u. GOD

xtishereb
October 9, 2005, 11:26 pm
As everyone has said, this would be hard to impliment.

If you wanna make it moddable so hard, just do something like change the gfx and mess with the weapon settings so they do double damage and have double reload, double bink, stuff like that.

some_random_loser
October 16, 2005, 10:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Officer_BulbockPerhaps you could press a button to "combine" your primary and secondary

Now I'm just getting a mental picture of someone stickytaping an MP5 to a LAW :p

That is followed closely by mental pictures of people weilding duel XM Minguns and Dual LAWs ^^

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 2:35 am
THIS AINT HALO 2...wanna dual wield....go play HALO 2................

rafterman
October 20, 2005, 6:09 am
dual welding combat knives

rafterman
October 20, 2005, 6:10 am
nah..thats stupid