( search forums )
Interface Editor----Improvements, Dreams
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
AverageJoe
September 25, 2005, 6:46 am
Didn't see anything, maybe wrong board.
After making the SoF2 interface I found alot of things that could use tweaking.

Improvements:
Font (Windows standard)
Font size
Font Color
Font Alignment
Icon over Value toggle
Object (like a scenery in maps, you just point to the .bmp)
Value movement snap (value would move like grenades)
Value Rotate (rotates instead of linear movement)
Value Rotate Dissapate (value doesn't move but has a mask that rotates over it)
Value Dissapate (like the later but not rotating)

Dreams:
Alpha Transparencies
Math functions
Image control (size, rgb, hsv, etc.)
Vertice based images
Moving objects
Parenting (child moves in unison with parent)

meh

- Tek -
September 25, 2005, 7:12 am
I would also really like that rotation. I was working on my gungrave mod again(its been months, i've actually accomplished more in two days than I ever have, and that's after most of it getting deleted), and I was using display references from the actual games. Both had a circle in the corner with a ring around it. The ring was the special energy bar, and I thought it would be great if I could make it work in soldat. I suppose right now I can't. Also I wanted to make the nade appear around this ring, instead of in a single row.

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 2:59 am
i would be cool if the health bar would stay ontop of the soldat or near your cursor

rabidhamster
September 26, 2005, 8:40 pm
here are my feelings:

depth: every element in an interface has a "depth," which tells the computer which element to draw first.

bar slide style- you know how when a bar goes up or down in value, it kinda slides? you may have noticed that when reloading a gun, as the bar is gaining in value, parts of it just appear out of nowhere? well, there you go! two bar styles, slide and creation. Every bar would have this option, except for ammo, which would have two bar style settings, one for round emptying, and one for reloading.

besides these two things, i'm happy with the interface maker.