( search forums )
Gamemode in server changes makes madness crazy!
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
i am ahab
September 25, 2005, 9:42 pm
Greets mr noobface admin of servers and readers alike.

i wish to share my experience, although many are no doubt aware of the problem. ive had a search and only found a one line reference to what i'm explaining being a buggy command. here:
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26693&SearchTerms=gamemode

before i continue we were using the dediacated server version 2.3.7 i think (the latest one available on saturday the 24th sep 2005, not the beta)
EDIT
yes it was the beta. hence possibly the bug :/
/EDIT
running on an ipcop box, which is basically a stripped version of linux running as a dhcp server and firewall.

now we were playing ctf over the lan had the maplist.txt full of the usual 1.2.1 version maps. now a remote admin typed /gamemode 6 and the game shifted to hold the flag, but we were still in alpha and bravo colours and team scoring was still in effect. but you could also kill anyone as if friendly fire was on. it was also being played on the maps listed in the maplist.txt file. so hold the flag was taking place on B2b, kampf et all.

this *bug* was also exploitable in all gamemodes. rambomatch oddly had flags that you could also cap. this lead to much fun and i actually want to ask to not have the feature removed, but to have it an optional extra possibly on the gamemenu??!

i only made the post as i'd guess that michael hadn't intended for it to be an option for players to use............

okthanxbyebye!