( search forums )
which mirror?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
doe
September 26, 2005, 3:35 am
note: i live in the usa. i am very concerned sbout viruses and spyware. which mirror should i download it from so i wont get any?

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 3:39 am
Don't worry, they are all legit.

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 3:40 am
Any.
I doubt it will make much of a difference. And you speak as if some mirrors are the spawn of (Please refrain from swearing) xD

doe
September 26, 2005, 3:40 am
which one u download from?

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 3:59 am
Just pick the one closest to your location, for optimal download speed. The mirrors Soldat uses I do believe are the same ones that host a multitude of other free downloadable programs... Could be wrong, it's not every day you have to go download the game, afterall.

Anyway, the point is, thousands of people download probably hundreds of programs from those mirror sites without any problems, so you should be able to as well. And if you're paranoid, you can just run a Microsoft AntiSpyware scan and so on, which you should do regularly anyway.

Twinkler
September 26, 2005, 4:02 am
The mirror from dyn.u13.net is reliable and fast. It's the one at the top if my memory serves me right.

doe
September 26, 2005, 4:25 am
ty all. man u guys r a lot nicer than the people from the gunz online forums! :D

FliesLikeABrick
September 26, 2005, 4:30 am
yes, I am the owner of the u13.net mirror and it is fine. I used to manage the mirrors list and there has never been an issue with viruses or anything, and i've hever heard of an issue before or after that time either. If anything, the links won't work, but never will they have a virus or anything bad

Deleted User
September 26, 2005, 4:48 am
quote:Originally posted by doety all. man u guys r a lot nicer than the people from the gunz online forums! :D

lmfao just wait

Vijchtidoodah
September 26, 2005, 5:04 am
He doesn't have to, jebushunter. As long as he keeps being courteous and cheerful (two attributes that you don't have), we'll keep treating him the same way that we are now.

He has respect. You don't.

By the way, welcome to the forums, doe. You'll find that people's attitudes towards you here tends to be highly polar: if you're annoying, we'll get tired of you very quickly; but if you continue to be polite, you'll be accepted unconditionally. I hope you have fun with the game and continue to visit these forums!

Kazuki
September 26, 2005, 5:07 am
Yes, welcome to the forums. ;) Everything Vijchtidoodah said is true, so there's nothing more I have to say.

If you're still looking for a Soldat mirror, the first one (Ultimate 13) is speedy and reliable if you live in the USA. It should work just fine internationally though.

Anyway, welcome.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to say ... Please read the forum FAQ before posting anything further. It won't take you any longer than 5 minutes. ;D

UGK
September 26, 2005, 10:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickyes, I am the owner of the u13.net mirror and it is fine. I used to manage the mirrors list and there has never been an issue with viruses or anything, and i've hever heard of an issue before or after that time either. If anything, the links won't work, but never will they have a virus or anything bad

Yeah FLAB ins't that bad. HE loves our soldat community. Oh and when did FLAB became mod.

SPARTAN_III
September 27, 2005, 6:41 am
yeah just noticed, and what forum does he moderate anyway? if i had to guess, i'd say server discussions...for obvious reasons.

Vijchtidoodah should be the next mod.