( search forums )
Crossfire Mod |v 1.3| {in progress}
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
T-Money
September 27, 2005, 12:47 am

All right...this is teh beginning of my new mod, part of which is the Mini-Thirty that I posted in the Partially 1337 forum for advice. Here's what I have so far, everything but the M79, Minigun, Eagles, and secondaries. It is weapon modded as well as graphics.

[IMAGE]

Sorry if teh quality is [CENSORED].

The gun names have all been preceded by an "LCM" (LithCorp Munitions) because I've tinkered with them all, changing small aspects of the appearance and performance.

LCM MP5-A2

Replaces: MP5

Damage=105
FireInterval=4
Ammo=15
ReloadTime=65
Speed=205
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-10
MovementAcc=1

This is a powerful weapon in close quarters. The hightened damage compensates for the tiny clip. The speed has also been increased, and the reload time has been massively slashed. However, this weapon is not easy to handle. It's a pig at anything more than a half-screen range, as the spray and tiny clip are ineffective for spraying area targets. This gun is best for crashing your enemy's base, especially on a retrieve-the-flag mission where you're accompanied by more heavily-armed teammates who can finish off anything you don't kill.

LCM-AK 105

Replaces: AK-74

Damage=108
FireInterval=11
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=140
Speed=255
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-32
MovementAcc=1

This is a real killer. The damage is decent, the interval is decent, the reload is decent, the range is decent...all in all, this is a damn good gun, pretty much middle-of-the-road. It's dependable and accurate, and the clip size is decieving: teh damage isn't sufficient to kill more than two or three enemies, and that's if you get a really good attack angle and they're not shooting back. (I initially tested this on Boogie Men.) Good for pretty much anything, this gun can deal out a decent amount of damage before you die.

LCM-SIG 552 Commando

Replaces: Steyr AUG

Damage=75
FireInterval=7
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=110
Speed=265
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-37
MovementAcc=2

I love this gun. Low damage compared to the 105, but the low fire interval and faster reload make up for it. The clip is smaller, but the range is slightly better, so this gun is more suited to big maps like CTF_Run and CTF_b2b than the AK. Also does well in close quarters. Actually, this gun is pretty damn good anywhere, similar to the 105 but just different enough to be a whole new animal.

LCM-FABARM SDASS

Replaces: SPAS-12

Damage=132
FireInterval=50
Ammo=5
ReloadTime=175
Speed=160
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=5
MovementAcc=1

This is undoubtedly the kickassingest CQB gun in the lot. A high interval, but high damage and good range and velocity mean that it takes two shots to kill at long range, one at point-blank or directly on the head. Let me paint a picture for you: You're on Alpha in CTF_Kampf. Bad guys have your flag in their base, hiding in the pit and waiting for a cap. They have snipers covering. You fly in on the top route, dodge the sniper shots, come jet-proning in and put two in the face of the sniper on the top ledge. You drop down and put one in the other sniper, and he is rendered helpless by the bink and blowback. Without hesitating, your drop down, spam the bejeebers out of the EFC, return the flag, and scatter his bloody remains to the winds. That's what this gun is all about. Next to useless against automatics or the Mini-Thirty in long distance combat.

LCM Mini-Thirty

Replaces: Ruger-77

Damage=182
FireInterval=30
Ammo=5
ReloadTime=108
Speed=355
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=15
MovementAcc=3

My favorite gun overall in this mod. An expanded clip size, much lower damage, higher velocity and range, and quick reload time make this gun about as easy to handle as the original, but in a whole different way. The low interval means you can hammer out the whole clip really quickly, and the dead-shot accuracy makes it a mean sniper rifle at medium range. Also a good CQB gun, this one is about the same as the 105, but for a semi-auto. If that makes any sense. I like it, anyway.

LCM-Benelli R1

Replaces: Barret M82

Damage=320
FireInterval=62
Ammo=4
ReloadTime=280
Speed=490
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=72
MovementAcc=6

The Barret has been a subject of hot debate for some time. Some love it, others hate it. I like to think I've found something we can all agree on. This low-powered, long-range sniper rifle is a nice one. Less adapted to static sniping, with a small clip and quick interval, this is a gun that's good for sniping on the move, running from one position to another and using it tactically. In other words, it's an excellent gun if you use it like it's supposed to be used. It's no longer a one-shot-kill, unless you hit your target at close range in the head, so that also takes away from the "let's-sit-and-nub" aspect of the weapon.

LCM M-60

Replaces: Minimi

Damage=92
FireInterval=9
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=345
Speed=280
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-150
MovementAcc=2

I like this one. Well-adapted to long-range cover fire ("spamming"...I hate that term), this gun has a large clip that is counterblanaced by lower-than-normal damage for an auto and one hell of a reload. If you use this, be prepared to hold a position and fire to cover an escaping FFC or similar tasks. This gun is not well suited to close combat. Additionally, the self-bink is horrendous, but not unmanagable; the gun will be next to useless if fired in anything more than three- to five-round bursts.

Any suggestions on the weapon balance or on the graphics are more than welcome.

N1nj@
September 27, 2005, 1:00 am
2 seems to overlap 3 in the screenshot? Fix that if it does. GJ

T-Money
September 27, 2005, 3:35 am
Yeah, the mag was a little too big. I cut it off. I really wish there was some way to re-align the interface weapons, though, so you could fiddle with it.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 12:50 am
It's still a little too big, you can see the pixels with 2 and 3...uh...spawning? Other than that, though. it is pretty good.

The Geologist
September 29, 2005, 1:56 am
I like what I see so far, previously mentioned issues aside. Looks pretty damn sexy in fact, and I'm interested in playing the modded guns.

T-Money
September 29, 2005, 5:59 pm
ty fellas.

@Kamikaze: yeh, I meant I fixed it...but not in the pic. That's still the original cos i'm a lazy ass.

@Geo- ty! Coming soon I hope.

Keron Cyst
September 29, 2005, 7:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by T-Money... [Shotgun's] next to useless against automatics... in long distance combat....
How dare you. I've killed quite some automatic soldaten with my trusty SPAS at monitor distance B-) The riflemen are a bit vexatious, tho'.

The M-60's stats. look interesting. Make the Benelli's brown wood (interface-gfx) a bit darker and more shaded leftwards.

IlIdan
September 29, 2005, 8:12 pm
The SIG need more details!

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 8:31 pm
Ah, okay. But, one question: why is LCM in front of all the guns? I especially like your M60, it is such a new take on the gun, instead of all those more-realistic to the image guns.

T-Money
September 29, 2005, 10:52 pm
LCM stands for LithCorp Munitions; I felt the need to put it there because I took liberties in the design of each weapon, not sticking strictly to the prototype. I wanted to avoid anybody saying something like "ZOMG TAHT IS NOT TEH REALLG UN IS DIFFERNET" or whatever.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 11:16 pm
Okay. Your M60 rocks, by the way. Looks like a neat tommy gun.

T-Money
September 30, 2005, 3:12 am
Thanks, that's kind of the look I was going for.