( search forums )
Wrong Map Version (Server Hosting)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
autocrat
September 27, 2005, 1:30 am
So I've been hosting my own server for a while now, and I only began to get these problems a couple of days ago. If someone connects to me, and has to download a map, it will let them join, but kick them out within about 5 seconds. It then gives them the 'Wrong Map Version' message.

If I change to a map that they already have and let them join, then switch back to the map that was giving them troubles, it works fine for them and they are not kicked. Is there any way to solve this problem?

I have also noticed that VERY rarely when some people connect and have to download, they do not get kicked out.

This problem seemed to happen around the same time I downloaded all the maps from www.enesce.com and put them into the map folder.

Also, if someone joins, and I switch to a map that they don't have, they are able to download and join. It's only when they are first joining.

If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it, because it's a real pain always switching maps back and forth so people can join.

autocrat
September 27, 2005, 11:37 pm
Anyone?

tRaQs
September 28, 2005, 10:54 pm
No idea, it's happened to me too, when i ran a server it happened when i went to bigfalls, i have dls too.