( search forums )
Barratard Test
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
silly Suasag3
September 27, 2005, 6:30 am
[font=Arial Black]Ok, for one week the only weapon I'll use is the Barret.
WHY?
well cos i wanna see whats so great about it and why people hate it well actully i know that its a 1 hit kill weapon(depending on lag or wep mod).

So im gonna be a barratard for a week wish me luck(u dont have to

TheFunktopus
September 27, 2005, 6:32 am
Lao Wu Ten or whatever his name has done it already.

Silent Soldier
September 27, 2005, 6:32 am
Yeah, good luck though this is pointless to tell things like this. O.o

silly Suasag3
September 27, 2005, 6:38 am
Oh has he oops oh well i see what its like for my self

Zegovia
September 27, 2005, 9:51 am
I dont hate the barret, i just think its kinda anoying the way it gets totally overused.

silly Suasag3
September 27, 2005, 12:11 pm
thats why im gonig to discover the secrets of why the barret is over usd and so popular

Aquarius
September 27, 2005, 12:14 pm
Barret is not lame/retarded, it's simply uncool. "Point and click" & "point and spray" weapons are not cool. Most people prefer uncool weapons because they are not cool.
Cool weapons are: DE, Spas, Ruger, M79.

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 12:17 pm
take deagles out, too overused

silly Suasag3
September 27, 2005, 12:20 pm
firstly m79 -point click,ruger-point double click,spass-well its aight
and u can spary with spas jus not as far what u do is stand somware high and fire upward then it might land on someone

i done that once.... :P

Aquarius
September 27, 2005, 12:22 pm
Uh-oh sprayers/barreters crawling out of their holes. M79 is not point and click. I can dodge at least 50% of M79 bullets. About Ruger - one point & click is much cheaper then 2 point and clicks. Spas doesn't spray, you can't win this way.

quote:take deagles out, too overused

It's not my fault DEaglers kick your a**.

silly Suasag3
September 27, 2005, 12:28 pm
oh well by far the best gun is hk mp5 lol

Kazuki
September 27, 2005, 1:01 pm
Dascoo, I have not seen one deagler besides myself in the past 2 weeks or so. That's sad.

I completely agree with Zegovia. There's nothing wrong with the barret, but almost everyone in the NA community is starting to use one.

GAMEOVER
September 27, 2005, 1:06 pm
Once MM nerfs this weapon or changes something with it ill then agree weapons are balanced. I mean comon nerf a damn socom, a secondary but yet leave the most powerful weapon untouched.

Use this weapon if you want, barreters will never get my respect.

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
September 27, 2005, 1:53 pm
Lol, barret should not be touched if it would beit would suck ass

GAMEOVER
September 27, 2005, 2:32 pm
Suck ass for you idiots who sit there and get off screwin a bush takin blind shots at players who work hard on improving their skills. Your only hurting yourself by doing that crap cus you arent learning crap.

Dark_Noddy
September 27, 2005, 2:58 pm
I still remember good old days when playing with barret and pawning with it actually was a good thing :) the only weapon that is "retarded" IMHO is the MP5 ^^

Keron Cyst
September 27, 2005, 3:32 pm
Yeah, the MP5 is by far the strongest auto in 1.3. Bink should be higher; you can spray out the whole clip and the bink doesn't affect accuracy much (as compared to the others).

SPAS > all

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 3:49 pm
I hate the term 'spray', 'spraytard' etc. The word is chucked around way too loosely, it makes auto users sound as if they are too noobish to aim the weapon and only need to shoot in the general diraction of their target and get a kill. The only auto that is truely a sprayer is the mp5.

Raptor
September 27, 2005, 4:33 pm
Don't ever play in a server or you will be pwned by a guy named Raptor

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 5:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by RaptorDon't ever play in a server or you will be pwned by a guy named Raptor

Er...is that saying somthing to me or just a random boast?

GAMEOVER
September 27, 2005, 5:55 pm
Raptor, you and triple H sound like the exact same guy and/or your ava and sig look alike. Anyway doubt you could "pwn" anything.

The Geologist
September 27, 2005, 6:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERNo, my e-penis is bigger!!1!

Anyhow..

Tests like this, aside from already having been done (:/) Prove little and tend to be pretty boring. If you enjoy it, go ahead, but as you can see some people don't like the barret or people who use them.

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 6:27 pm
Eh, ruger on realistic is very annoying to me : / I call it the semi-automatic barret, but hey i'm not gonna complain.

GAMEOVER
September 27, 2005, 7:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERNo, my e-penis is bigger!!1!

I guess you could call that small thing between my legs a penis

Anyhow, I do think the ruger is overpowered in realistic mode even though I dont play it much its just like a barret with faster reload. It needs to be nerfed in real mode and well as the barret in 1.3 normal mode.

The Geologist
September 27, 2005, 7:42 pm
Oh ho..real original, doing the same thing I did. And failing to see the point at the same time.

The cries of "nerf the barret" will never stop..no one will ever be satisfied..and whatever nerfing attempt comes out will most likely meet with more of the same. Deal with already.

Rune
September 27, 2005, 7:47 pm
Noddy is right eventhough he rarely plays soldat :I

GAMEOVER
September 27, 2005, 7:47 pm
tsk tsk someone struck a nerve :/

You dont like what you see, dont like what you got in return? Then dont dish it out if you cant take it that is all. Now stay on topic and try not to get your panties in too much more of a bunch.

The Geologist
September 27, 2005, 7:51 pm
..? wtf are you even talking about? You failed to catch the meaning behind my first quote, you responded with a lame attempt at copying it, and now you think I'm worked up? Yeah..that works. Now please, follow your own advice. All of my posts thus far have had something to do with this topic, so please don't lecture me about staying on topic. You can take your ego elsewhere already.

Edit: Ohes noes! Not on topic! Or is it? I happen to agree with you about the ruger in realistic mode. Too easy and moderately overpowered. But I can get just about the same results with an auto.

T-Money
September 27, 2005, 8:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVEROnce MM nerfs this weapon or changes something with it ill then agree weapons are balanced. I mean comon nerf a damn socom, a secondary but yet leave the most powerful weapon untouched.

Use this weapon if you want, barreters will never get my respect.

I disagree. I agree that barreTARDS will never be worthy of respect, no matter how good they get at sitting and camping. But some people are excellent with the Barret, such as shady. GO, you remember our scrim with ihc, right? That guy led the kill:death ratio and all he used was barret.

EDIT: lol Geologist, love the sig picture dude.

giff
September 27, 2005, 8:40 pm
It seems like the unfortunate majority of the Soldat community hates every weapon that they don't use, and call them "cheap." I find myself wanting to whine about the Barrett's like so many other people, but then realize that if you make them miss, they're an easy kill. :)

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 9:08 pm
I can use Barret, its just that I want it to have Headshot kills only, so people stop calling Barret noob and Barret actually turns into a respectable weapon.

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 11:55 pm
*sigh*

GO, you need to stop making yourself look like an idiot. -.-;;;;

Ruger may be uber powerful in realistic, but so is every other gun. Sheesh.

Barret isnt too hard to use. If you fight someone whos an easy kill when they miss, then they suck, because I never have that problem. (Remembers a moment in ctf_equinox when he was low after missing a shot against an hker and being chased in the low tunnel, so instead of waiting for reload and dying, uses a grenade to kill him).

Deagles are by far underpowered, its evident, considering about 3-8% of the soldat population even uses them; A socom is better to use then deagles. =\ Dascoo go away. M79 is the most powerful weapon with aim in generally 90% of all situations. Plus, in a game with your whole enemy team using m79s, lets say you dodge them 50% of the time. Ok, dodge 1 guys m79 shot, 2 more come out of no where and hit you. Its so much as the 1 hit kill part thats lame, more of being hit 50% of the time, when everyones using it.

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 12:07 am
One gun that I don't think is over powerd is Styer Aug, in realistic.

vash763
September 28, 2005, 12:33 am
YOU GUYS MUST HATE SAWS

and i like deagles, only gun i use.

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 12:56 am
It's not so much the barret being lame as its hideous overuse. Just today, I went to three consecutive servers where nearly everyone on the server was using barret, and I got votekicked on one for badmouthing it. One or two M79s and my saw were the only weapons that weren't barret. The barret was overused before, and with the nerfing of autos that came with 1.3, the rest of the general public decided "Screw it, I'm going with barret."

T-Money
September 28, 2005, 1:02 am
Saws rock my cock.

Deagles is what is teh suck, too underpowered.

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 2:26 am
what I hate, is when people start calling you a n00b when your beating them with it. I personally use Barrett and am really good at it, but I hate being labeled a n00b because I use one.

GAMEOVER
September 28, 2005, 2:31 am
quote:

GO, you need to stop making yourself look like an idiot. -.-;;;;

You need to stop acting like an idiot sick of you comin on this forum buttin your way into [CENSORED] im talkin its not even close to the childish [CENSORED] you pull in game dont even get me started.. what a dumb [CENSORED] now you look like the idiot, idiot..

solohan50
September 28, 2005, 2:41 am
^^^ GO...calm down bro, you do come acrossed as immature when you just start yelling at people.

On-Topic (Even though we have digressed far from the original topic >_>) - I do believe that the barret is far and wide the most overused weapon in the game, and I feel Muffin's pain about going into a server with 8 barrets in it. My feeling is that a couple barrets are easily handled, but when I fly into the enemy's base and hear 4 barrets fire at me as I'm coming in, something is wrong. Now, I won't call people noobs when they use barret, but I do try to be fairly strict in my server about camping, because camping is truly a "n00b" tactic. Just my $.02 on the whole barret thing.

silly Suasag3
September 28, 2005, 4:01 am
ok day one i have discovered that barret is actully a very boring gun to use yes im gonna quit this barratard test becuase i hate point and click guns thank you maybe a forum mod could lock this topic since i wont be usen it anymore

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 5:16 am
It would appear that many people are still making use of it, though. The topic, that is.

As for my own thoughts, I think I covered most of what's covered in this topic in my post in this topic.

Captain Ben
September 28, 2005, 7:10 am
Deaglers are few and far in between. Only yesterday, I was the only DE user in a whole server, the rest opting for barrets and minimis.

Dust Bunny 319
September 28, 2005, 7:32 am
barrets arnt that bad there jus anoying

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 10:50 am
I got bored of being a barretard soon after my test, I'm trying to get my deagles aim back now.. just because I want to be original. It's a good feeling to see you're the only one person using deagles in the server for several maps and achieveing quite a nice scores with them -)

Btw I've seen some Steyr users recently, who fire and kill with incredible accuracy but never seem to do bursts, they just do it the same way they did used autos in 1.2.1 .. is there some new tactics / exploit how to fire autos accurately without bursts? :p

Zegovia
September 28, 2005, 11:28 am
People uses the barret to camp mostly becuase its the easiest weapon to camp with.

Every weapon can be used for camping!!!!(i recall MM being called a Chainsaw camper :P)

And because most people camp with the barret, all the players that takes the role of a onnest sniper gets mixed up with the campers and gets accused and eventually kicked/banned......

Captain Ben
September 28, 2005, 1:41 pm
Heh. Banned on Enesce's server. Anywho, I'd have to say, even though barrets are here, there and everywhere, they're still a great secondary, provided that you're in a team game.

MOFO NOFO
September 28, 2005, 2:02 pm
Enesce's server is good. no barrets.

Yukwunhang
September 28, 2005, 3:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiDascoo, I have not seen one deagler besides myself in the past 2 weeks or so. That's sad.

I completely agree with Zegovia. There's nothing wrong with the barret, but almost everyone in the NA community is starting to use one.

Wtf, kazuki, you're lying.

Merach
September 28, 2005, 3:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
Cool weapons are: DE, Spas, Ruger, M79.

OK, from now to the end of my lifetime I'll luv you ;). Not so many people thinks M79 is cool

Back to the Topic,I'm using barret a bit more nowadays, Im being owned so much, I try not to camp with it, and I miss a lot of shots by shooting while I'm running towards enemy base. I think it's easy to crouch and wait with barret, but not so easy to run with it and point, click and kill someone.

I don't hate barret users, I hate flag, base and whereever you want campers.

I agree with MP5 has a low bink relative to other autos, and you can spray with it so well. In comparison, Steyr has a high bink. But I don't care so much about, I M79er, I only use other weapons as secondaries picking it up from ground when I've lost my knife.

Best Regards.

Cookie.
September 28, 2005, 5:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dark_NoddyI still remember good old days when playing with barret and pawning with it actually was a good thing :) the only weapon that is "retarded" IMHO is the MP5 ^^

Then Chakra came along and started calling everyone barretards >:| With his crazy anti-barret revolution

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 8:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by yukwunhangquote:Originally posted by KazukiDascoo, I have not seen one deagler besides myself in the past 2 weeks or so. That's sad.

Wtf, kazuki, you're lying.

No, hes actually quite right. I RARELY ever, EVER see any deaglers. EVER.

And w00t go Chakra! <333 Chakra.
*clutches a signed picture of chakra to his chest and faints*

Zegovia
September 28, 2005, 8:47 pm
Anti-barret revoloution? that kinda reminds me of SSG#6, well not exactly. but the barret in it gets pwned nontheless...

Raptor
September 28, 2005, 10:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERRaptor, you and triple H sound like the exact same guy and/or your ava and sig look alike. Anyway doubt you could "pwn" anything.

Are you saying that I'm HHH? WTF?
Because I'm not...

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 12:37 am
Ignore him raptor, hes an idiot. ;P

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 3:14 am
Hum, barretards.... pshaww.
Beat them at their own game..
It's the m79's I worried about.

silly Suasag3
September 29, 2005, 3:22 am
barretards weakness is hk mp5,ak-74,styer AUG do u know how i know?

well i tested

and im pissed off and its nothing to do with soldat

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 4:30 am
good luck

btw i used to use barret its a great wp but i got tired of lag miss's and ppl calling me a barret noob

UGK
September 29, 2005, 5:13 am
quote:Originally posted by jebushuntergood luck

btw i used to use barret its a great wp but i got tired of lag miss's and ppl calling me a barret noob

WTF? At least put some periods in there. How did you even get past the 2nd grade with writing like that man?

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 5:29 am
Haha UGK, played with you just now.
I, personally, hate all these anti-barrett topics. They're killing this forum. After playing in the public servers for a while I've realised that, while you'll get sprung by barretts relatively often, they never get (Or hardly) more kills than anyone else. The only prblem is that way too many people use them.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 5:31 am
OT: Im curious if hes fluent in English or just foreign who speaks another language. Apparently, he sounds like it. I really hate people who speak english natively, and perfectly but type it like a moron...

Unlucky 13
September 29, 2005, 6:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie. With his crazy anti-barret revolution

A.B.A! A.B.A!
... or was that Droopy?

As long as the Barret isn't used more than 1/3 times each weapon change over, the weapon is fine.
As long as people don't polybug abuse, THEN it is fine.

And good luck, silly. And try not to tarnish a reputation before you get one by CONSTANTLY using the Barret.

Zegovia
September 29, 2005, 8:12 am
Anti-Barret-Asosiation perhaps?

UGK
September 29, 2005, 2:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Officer_BulbockHaha UGK, played with you just now.
I, personally, hate all these anti-barrett topics. They're killing this forum. After playing in the public servers for a while I've realised that, while you'll get sprung by barretts relatively often, they never get (Or hardly) more kills than anyone else. The only prblem is that way too many people use them.

Yeah I played with him yesterday. I was using barret and autos,but I got like 10 kills with autos. Once i got 35 kills with barret and knife.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 9:10 pm
Yeah, but if people dont speak up about what they feel soldat needs to be improved on, then it wont be improved on. And apparently, this evident overflow of barret and m79 users needs to be fixed. :\ Just like the last era where every body complained about weapons which youd never think of being wrong.

Weird nubs.

silly Suasag3
September 30, 2005, 12:15 am
MY STARS MY LOVLEY STARTS WERE THE FU** ARE THEY??/??!!

silly Suasag3
September 30, 2005, 12:17 am
quote:Originally posted by UGKquote:Originally posted by jebushuntergood luck

WTF? At least put some periods in there. How did you even get past the 2nd grade with writing like that man?

u mean how did UGK (Unamed [CENSORED] kookoo)<---what i call him got past the secound grade?