( search forums )
Difference between types of mods?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
defanatic
September 27, 2005, 1:19 pm
What is the difference between partially 1337 mods and totally 1337 mods?

Is a partially 1337 just a graphics and sound change (e.g. should not change gameplay) and a totally 1337 mod a large edit (most of the weapon.ini file is changed)?

Sorry if this is somewhere. I checked some other forums for it.

SPARTAN_III
September 27, 2005, 1:41 pm
partial leet is for graphical only mods, or single weapons, or sound packs.

total leet is for graphics, sounds, and ini settings, or a full mod that changes most aspects of the game.

it all comes down to what you think, if you changed more than 75% of soldat, throw it in the total section.

numgun
September 27, 2005, 3:31 pm
hmm... is this right?
1337 = leet = elite = best of the best

Deleted User
September 27, 2005, 7:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunhmm... is this right?
1337 = leet = elite = best of the best

thats what I get from it :p I did'nt speak l33t when I first came here but I picked up on it and I would assume thats what it means

SPARTAN_III
September 28, 2005, 5:01 am
replace your t's with 7, replace e with 3, replace L with 1, and s with 5, and a with 4. you'll do fine

defanatic
September 28, 2005, 7:31 am
I've changed most of the weapons.ini file (all but the grenade, hand, combat knife...), the names of the weapons, the graphics for all of the weapons (apart from the grenade, the hand, and combat knife). What other files can I change apart from these ones?

SPARTAN_III
September 28, 2005, 2:22 pm
sfx files, which control the sound of the gunfore among other things.

my personal favourite, interface-gfx, which are the bars and backgrounds of the soldat interface

gostek-gfx, which change the look of your soldier

certain anims can be modded with the POA editor tool, but modifying critical ones will not allow online play

you can make new bots using notepad

Keron Cyst
September 28, 2005, 6:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III... modifying critical ones [anims.] will not allow online play...
I thought Ivan_The_Psycho said you still could play online if the edited anims. have the same amount of frames...

SPARTAN_III
September 29, 2005, 5:23 am
only the non critical ones such as the slash/punch. others could be modded to allow cheating and thus are not allowed fo online play.