( search forums )
New weather
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 2:33 am
I think what they should do is have new weather conditions like thunder and huricanes. But with these conditions what would be cool is if they actully affected you, like if you were struck by lightning you'd be electricuted, and if you got hit by a huricane you'd be sucked in and thrown around. It would would be pretty funny

AverageJoe
September 28, 2005, 5:51 am
nah I think that would actualy suck. you have enough to concetrate on allready.
I would like to see "Snowing", "Blizzard" and some others like that...really simple to make things.

vash763
September 28, 2005, 6:56 am
ya or like Torrential Rain Fall, or RAINBOWS ZOMG

Hercule Poirot
September 28, 2005, 11:13 am
[IMAGE]

Too bad those leaves falled down so fast :P

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 11:58 am
I'd like to see customisable weather effects...like, selecting a scenery file that falls down.

Keron Cyst
September 28, 2005, 6:18 pm
@AverageJoe: have you played on ctf_b2b and looked into the background?

GuitarStudent
September 30, 2005, 1:51 am
Yea theres snow in one of the ctf maps

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 4:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Hercule Poirot[IMAGE]

Too bad those leaves falled down so fast :P

WTF? How did you get that?

vash763
October 5, 2005, 7:19 am
change whatever the hell the rain graphic is into a leave.

idk how the colors changed.

actually i might be completely wrong

tomz26
November 26, 2005, 3:17 am
Yeah that would be neat like a tornado the brutally kills your soldiers and swashes around their guts, or the hurricane that slowly kills ya so those health kits become important.(camping wouldn't be priority in a hurricane lol) Whats with that never used sandstorm one?

jettlarue
December 8, 2005, 3:11 am
Actually i think it would be cool if you could add new weather effects. If you dont have the file when you download the map it would download with it like the scenery items. Then the image would be tiled along the background. Also have it have a steady framerate defined in the file. I think it would work best with multiple bmps in a special weather folder and then specify them by like "leaves_f001.bmp"-"leaves_f999.bmp" and have soldat just read the files. or make it an avi movie and tile that. either way it would be nice.

XAVALOONX
December 26, 2005, 10:13 pm
why would they bother ot do that its not going to be worht the time!