( search forums )
WHY?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Registration help and Shareware questions
Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 2:52 am
I've looked at what you get from registering, and I play heaps, but it just seems so pointless. You aren't much beter off with it, that is in my opinion.

mar77a
September 28, 2005, 2:59 am
The point is not the features you get, just the fact that you paid the guy that made the game, and you make sure he can still spend time and money developing it.

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 3:12 am
Somehow I think he'd get more people paying if there was more features. For example, most games that you have to register for, you can only play for a certain amount of time before you must register or you can't play it anymore, and they seem to be making heaps of money.

paramud
September 28, 2005, 4:46 am
quote:Originally posted by DezonusSomehow I think he'd get more people paying if there was more features. For example, most games that you have to register for, you can only play for a certain amount of time before you must register or you can't play it anymore, and they seem to be making heaps of money.

So?
Its for the pleasure that you donating in something that practically a god made.
Wouldn't YOU like to donate to the gods?
Or are you a [CENSORED]ist?

Deleted User
September 28, 2005, 5:31 am
As far as I'm concerned, time limits on use is the worst kind of restriction you can put on shareware. Why? I don't know about other people, but I usually won't even consider trying a shareware product if it has a limited trial time.

I think the fact that you're giving money is good enough, and the jet boot flame color customizing is nice to have too. It's only like $9.00 US anyway.

However, I do believe additional character customization options would boost the number of registrations; you know, stuff like changing your hat color, and giving your soldat a mask. Mmmmmmm... My Stanley Decker profile could use a hockey mask...

headstone
October 21, 2005, 11:37 pm
Bwahahahahhaa the other word for 'devil' is censored? What kind of swear filter is this?

Social Poison
October 22, 2005, 1:07 am
THe main benifit from registering is the warm fuzzy feeling you get when you click the "Submit payment" button.

Melba
October 22, 2005, 4:31 pm
Don't forget custom interfaces!!!

EDIT: Profiles are neat too.

bond_james_bond
October 23, 2005, 2:34 am
The warm fuzzy feeling. Makes me wanna click it over and over! But i still have college!

NinjaXrage
October 31, 2005, 1:14 am
Profiles are cool no need to remember a real long name and if u got like a brother that sucks and u dont want him makin people tihnk ya noob.

warpo
October 31, 2005, 2:21 am
quote:Originally posted by NinjaXrageProfiles are cool no need to remember a real long name and if u got like a brother that sucks and u dont want him makin people tihnk ya noob.

right on....im still not registing through..........

- Tek -
October 31, 2005, 6:10 am
He's right, more people would pay if there were more rewards.