( search forums )
Ping all + non "real integer ip"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Dark_Noddy
September 28, 2005, 3:23 pm
This isnt a big thing and I think its been mentioned before.. I was gonna post this earlier but then I noticed new version is comming soon, I reckond a small thing like this (appears to be a small thing anyways..) would be fixed..

When using ping all and you dont have a complete (x.x.x.x) ip in the "join address" edit or U have a string containing other chars.. U get a few errors and U have to kill soldat kinda..

Its such a small thing.. Yet SO annoying ;)

Off topic: the AK isnt changed is it ? cause it shoots in all directions on my comp ;D and not on my fiends.. (I think its my mouse)

i am ahab
September 28, 2005, 10:38 pm
well it looks like the address that soldat parses from the ip box only accepts integers dude not characters. try writing a simple c application that handles integers and then feed it characters. it wont like it either.

the ak has suffered the worst of the 'self bink' that has been introduced, namely you hold down fire and your recoil superimposes (gets bigger and bigger the more you do it).

FliesLikeABrick
September 29, 2005, 1:04 am
ahab, the ping all button should have nothing to do with the input box is what he is saying.

and that box does accept characters since it accepts domains in addition to regular 4-octet IP addresses.

Dark_Noddy
September 29, 2005, 3:22 pm
I'm not retarded.. Just to point that out, I know U get bink if U hold it down, but I didnt get it on my friends (non WM) server while playing on his computer, when I use it it shoots sideways ;D

Anyways back to topic, I know U cant put chars into a system checking for a calid interger ip, but when I do Ping all, it should A. check if the ip is invalid, and if so ignore it, B DNS and then ping if valid reply or C. Give a [CENSORED] about whats in the join box.. its not like the ping is shown anywhere, perhaps it checks and cahces if the server is still up for all I know.. I just find it quite annoying thats all :P

Note: Sorry for my [CENSORED]ing.. Bad day.. Thx for the reply :)