( search forums )
Problem with fraps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Felix
September 28, 2005, 9:03 pm
Ahoy

Well when I record with fraps, the quality was a bit "jerky"

I used the lastest version of fraps, the version 1.9A record too fast

anyway if you have a solution, or the links to the other version of fraps .. It would be kewl. :)

Liber_Lupus
September 28, 2005, 9:15 pm
You could set the demo playing speed down in Diamond Demo player and then use Fraps 1.9 to record. You will need to experiment a bit, to get the right speed.

Belier13
September 28, 2005, 9:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by FelixAhoy

Well when I record with fraps, the quality was a bit "jerky"

I used the lastest version of fraps, the version 1.9A record too fast

anyway if you have a solution, or the links to the other version of fraps .. It would be kewl. :)

Dont use fraps

Felix
September 28, 2005, 9:38 pm
liber, I was usin that technic befor, it's just too boring, I would be able to record, fast as the game is, with a good quality, it's not "fluide"

Kazuki
September 28, 2005, 10:14 pm
I'm going to move this to Fan Art and Movies just because it seems more appropriate there and more people will be able to help you, most likely.

I advise you to run Soldat and check your FPS rate. Press F3 while in game and and check the upper right corner. Then go into the fraps settings and choose an FPS that is close to yours but also have it be on a lower level.

Besides that, close all other applications in the background. There's really nothing more that I can say about it.

Felix
September 29, 2005, 12:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki

Press F3 while in game and and check the upper right corner. Then go into the fraps settings and choose an FPS that is close to yours but also have it be on a lower level.

I'm not a naab x)

Btw, i closed all windows and stuff, I put 60 and everything but it still jerked,

then I compressed with virtualdub in different format, like divX ( crappy quality ), and windows media player 9( better quality, but still crappy )

but it's still jerked.

Then I downloaded fraps 1.9A (wich I had for ages ), but it records really too fast, and it's annoying to watch the demo with a slow motion to record ......

I just need a previous version like 2. somethin x/

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 1:15 am
At least you can see what you've recorded. I can't even do that. It says something like "can't find codec".

Felix
September 29, 2005, 1:01 pm
Then download the right codec ;=)

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 2:02 pm
Ok.... how?

Felix
September 30, 2005, 6:44 am
maybe if you creat a new thread and not spam mine with your probs ;))

a-4-year-old
September 30, 2005, 9:40 pm
dezonus:
(if you recoreded with fraps)you can download dvX (google it im to lazy to post a link) that will give you the new codec
(if you used soldat's recoreder) you cant use anything other than soldat to play those (diamond demo player in fan apps)

felix: search for taksi in the forum search (try general discussions to just in case) where you can get fraps but betta! and free,
2 if your bored of making movies, you should lay off for a wile so its fun again when you are ready to start again,

hopefully that helped

Felix
October 3, 2005, 1:58 pm
Sorry to say that to you, I'm not a noob, and I already tried that a year ago .

and taksi sux like hell.

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 7:04 am
....60???

maybe its higher quality when u put higher numbers..or you have put to much :O
(I'm not an expert but i gues..)

I think your proble is that you got it on 60! i only use ....25 i think, And its good quality!

Deleted User
October 13, 2005, 7:32 am
I dowloaded that thing and i still got no codec

warpo
October 16, 2005, 10:49 pm
did you dl a pirated version of fraps?they always mess up

Deleted User
October 19, 2005, 8:52 am
WTF? I downloaded off the website