( search forums )
Followed the advice of S.S.G #1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Zegovia
September 29, 2005, 12:16 pm
I bet every person has read that comic, "killing to many people when trying to reach the flag will leave you to the mercy of those that are respawned the moment you reach it!"

That quote says the lot, you should avoid contact with the enemy as much as possible when trying to get the flag. So you wont get any unpleasant supriseses when you get there.

I tried it out on a server, in the beginning i joined bravo team that had at that time lesser skill and co-operation, they where fewer in number also so there whas no question about that, i always joins the team with less players.

okay, a while into the match my team whas after with two points (5-3), at that time i didnt follow the quote of S.S.G#1, i whas doing as everyone else (attack and hope for the best!).... the moments we got the flag we where aprehended by fresh respawning soldiers that gave us a hard time and killed me while i whas half away from my base with the flag. they then rushed to our base while they where at it, we respawned the moment they got there and another clash in fight took place.

We made it bareley through that fight, the flag whas secured, but several of our teammates where on the way to respawn. it whas then i heard a voice in my head, "Luke use the force!!" LOL just kidding!!
Okay okay, i decided to try there whas actually any use in following the advice hidden in my comic's under all that childish humour.

Okay so i made my way to the red base, this time avoiding contact as much as possible, hiding in the scenery whas a pretty good idea to. i came in through the top path, i saw when another wave of alpha members respawned and keept a low profile hiding in the prone position in the relativley low grass, i whas kinda worried that theyll see me since i play as Teal skinned and darker teal clothes, but i noticed that they where more focused on looking forward than upward. It whas then i had my chance and i took it, i jumped down and grapped the flag, i whas greeted by a deagle weailding guard that stayed behind, i got a few scratches but he became decent meat for my ak, i then took the lower passage and then i got a "efc low" message, i quickly braced myself on that hed apear, he then came at me, slightly wounded and armed with a m79, I started shooting at him, after four of my shots he blasted his shot at me, it hit the ground not to far away from me, i did get a feel of it. now i had even lesser healt than earlier (about 1/4), i then nailed him with my remaining shots, returned the flag and went back to base to cap.
the moment i got up there, three alphas came to stop us, but my teammates wich at that time seemed to have regained their fighting spirit by the sight of the red flag held em of for enough long time for me to make a score. the score now whas 5-4 to the alphas, but we had to keep it going, we had a match to win.

Ok im sorry if i made this sound as some sorta novel. Reading books does have an affect on ya!

Thats how it went for me, now i want you to try it out so i can hear how it went out..

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 4:19 pm
Don't appologize for making somthing interesting to read :p Most people would go "Haw haw! lolz we wentz to t3h uber bl00 guis baze and li3k on t3h way ova i shot 0nly wun guy and i got t3h fl44g!!!oneone!!111!" Anyway :p. I woul test it out but my comp dies whenever I start soldat, need a new Motherboard

DeMonIc
September 29, 2005, 4:43 pm
Heh, I'd bet that must be fun on a 5v5 server :) Specially on Leo's realistic arena, where you can hide even better. Although it's generally a good idea to kill people who attack your base, it's not really pleasent to return from a successfull flag raid and finding your team getting spawn-slaughtered by enemy soldiers while one of them snatches the flag.

Zegovia
September 29, 2005, 6:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcHeh, I'd bet that must be fun on a 5v5 server :) Specially on Leo's realistic arena, where you can hide even better. Although it's generally a good idea to kill people who attack your base, it's not really pleasent to return from a successfull flag raid and finding your team getting spawn-slaughtered by enemy soldiers while one of them snatches the flag.

Its like leaving the poor lil' sheep to the wolves! i hate when that happens...

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 9:08 pm
Well, its either A) free flag grab only to find the enemy has grabbed your flag or B) Keep your enemy the hell away from your base and push into their base and get it, and then run like mad hell.

Choice B is usually the safest. :)

.Twelve
September 30, 2005, 11:36 pm
Can someone link me to SSG.

Chakra`
September 30, 2005, 11:58 pm
Yeah, every good team needs a variety of players. In theory, all you need is one psycho to go rushing forward without killing anyone and grab the flag, while everyone else cleans up what comes to 'em.

Was doing it today actually. Usually more of a defensive guy, but after a while when nothing is being achieved you just gotta take a chance and make a run for it.

Zegovia
October 1, 2005, 1:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by FiredoveCan someone link me to SSG.

here you go you poor lost soul.... XD
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=25806&whichpage=1

It really gets anoying when ALL the teammembers are psycho rushers.
or the far opposite, overAmbitious defenders.. (a nicer word for basecampers...).

sande24
October 1, 2005, 1:23 pm
well... i did the same thing but when running to my base i saw some bulletts hitting me... i threw the flag far away so my teammates would get it and score for me. after i threw the flag i died. But we scored and won...

Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 8:29 am
You must be wonderful to play with, extremely heroic.
Better than the people who hang around you and instead of protecting wait for you to die so that they can score.
I suppose its just a game.

Good Work.

Zegovia
October 6, 2005, 1:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by JenkinsYou must be wonderful to play with, extremely heroic.
Better than the people who hang around you and instead of protecting wait for you to die so that they can score.
I suppose its just a game.

Good Work.

Thats the main reason i apologised for writing like a novelist, i made it sound all like i whas some kinda epic hero, well... technicaly i kinda whas one anyway!:P

Judge_Man
October 6, 2005, 5:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`In theory, all you need is one psycho to go rushing forward without killing "anyone" and grab the flag, while everyone else cleans up what comes to 'em.

I do that all the time and it works pretty well especially during the first spawn, if i get through, maybe.. 80% will result in a cap. You just need to run really fast and dodge.