( search forums )
What are you?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DeMonIc
September 29, 2005, 4:51 pm
Simple topic, provided to be fun.

What is your role in the Soldat Community? How do people recognise you? How would you like them to recognise you? By your in-game skillz, by your clan, by the help you provide to people, by the stuff you make, or something else?

Discuss.

Chakra`
September 29, 2005, 5:01 pm
By my taunts.

"Tell my wife I narghhhh..."

As for role...well who knows.

FliesLikeABrick
September 29, 2005, 5:37 pm
i know people know me, but idk as what... anyone wanna help me out?

i think people know chakra as the funny british guy who never seems to go away, no matter how many times he disappears

T-Money
September 29, 2005, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`By my taunts.

"Tell my wife I narghhhh..."

As for role...well who knows.

Yep. Every time I hear that, I say..."hey! That's chakra!"

OT: dunno what people think of me. Isn't that kind of up to others to say? I only know that certain people (j-zeus, swazo, ecks) know I tend to enjoy a damn good saw fight or exploring polybugs...

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 6:03 pm
I guess they know me as a rusher? I usually try to be the first guy in and will either die right away, or take a few out.

Zegovia
September 29, 2005, 6:07 pm
People obviously know me because of my comics, i just made ONE decent comic and Whopsie-Daisy!! im worshipped as a god and people where prasing me to make more comics.... :/ well yeah not really... And i find myself quite helping towards those that ask for advice.

And i know you Demonic as a fella that quite well apriciates and likes my work, specially that avvy i made for ya... ;)

And in my eyes so are Chakra a relativley respected guy that threated to hunt me down with a barret if i stopped making the S.S.G!! O_O

.alex.oner.
September 29, 2005, 6:09 pm
people know me for my sexyness and my annoying irc bot

!ghey Evil-Ville
Evil-Ville is 99% GHEY!

edit: i think of demonics as a player who always lurks in alt routes waiting to get some lucky law shots! i specd so many matchs when you get so many lucky law shots!
and i think that people know flieslikeabrick as the random u13 guy with a load of servers
and people know chakra for being that so called funny british guy..

and the rest of the people who have posted here i have never heard of.. irc is the best way to get in tocuh with the soldat community

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 6:36 pm
Hmm, some people know me on the servers I visit alot, I don't know think alot of the people in the forums know me.. when I am on a good team, I play better and knife alot. It makes people mad and they never say NS anymore. ;(

Liber_Lupus
September 29, 2005, 6:47 pm
I have never done anything for the community. I've just been here for a while and been in a few clans. That's it. Heh. I don't have a very unique character either. Only that weird ugly latin name.

Keron Cyst
September 29, 2005, 6:54 pm
lol

When I first read "What are you?" I thought Well, definitely not human.

The Gematriculator said "Keron Cyst" is 99% evil and 1% good. Why am I not surprised?

I consider you (DeMonIc) as 1337. I hope the NSM will boost charisma although I always take forever with something if I don't set a personal deadline. I've spent quite a lot of time on that thing and hope it is received well. I think I try to help out whenever I can although I realize I'm kinda harsh when it comes to map critiques :-P

My maps suck. I've always tried mapping but even tho' they have shading & scenery along with resized and/or transparent scenery they never seem to fit. I ought to try using scenery for absolutely anything like the official maps are (e.g. green barbed wire etc. for a different kind of vegetation instead of reusing the bushes etc. all the time). So I think that's why I take out my self-frustration on other starter maps :-P

BTW, DeMonIc, what's "S.S.G." (in your avatar) mean?

DeMonIc
September 29, 2005, 7:05 pm
S.S.G. is Zegovia's Soldat Survival Guide. The comic stole my heart at first glance, and when avatars were available, I did not hesitate and got the Barretard :o <3 Zegovia.

As for mapping.. no one is borned as a super mapper (except Geologist, but he was smithed in the forge of the nine hells): you have to practice a lot, and release every map you finished, so you can learn from feedback :) And hard critique is always welcome in the mapping forum, as long as you can back it up with something other than "I don't like it".

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 29, 2005, 7:15 pm
because im yellow like cheese! easy peasy question!

bl00dy_n0se
September 29, 2005, 7:17 pm
I wonder what people think about me!
I know I'm not very wellknown here, but I'm very wellknown in IRC and ingame, and some of those "ingame players" are on the forums too i think

blackdevil0742
September 29, 2005, 7:21 pm
I haven't contributed with anything too this forum. I just like being here, dunno why. I'm just another lost soul searching for sumthin.

The @venger
September 29, 2005, 7:29 pm
i think peole know me for that extremely good paint- artist... ..not, since i have only published one pic :p
i dont think ppl know me as anything here, because i havent been here for long...
talking about the pics, i have a new one, check my internet gallery out when it comes up, i will just make it in freewebs if anyone dosnt want to host for me... so i wont have all the ads and stuff.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 7:36 pm
If I'm known for anything, it's as the guy who switches profiles when he goes nuts with the chainsaw.

GAMEOVER
September 29, 2005, 7:40 pm
I dont think im known at all, and it dont bother me 1 bit :)

tRaQs
September 29, 2005, 8:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZamorakHmm, some people know me on the servers I visit alot, I don't know think alot of the people in the forums know me.. when I am on a good team, I play better and knife alot. It makes people mad and they never say NS anymore. ;(

I know you by "LUK SKIL" now.

September 29, 2005, 8:11 pm
I'm "Sticky from the forums."

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 8:26 pm
I'm the chainsaw whore, that guy who gets votekicked for making fun of the barretwhores, and occasionally, "Muffin from the forums."

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 9:04 pm
Meh, everyone just calls me "Exta", most of the time i havent even heard of them, or I met them but I dont remember who they are.

You can identify me by taking notice to the person talking the most ingame. ;p

Chakra`
September 29, 2005, 9:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by StickyI'm "Sticky from the forums."

me too.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 9:18 pm
I'm the guy that wants to be famous, but fails miserably by trying to copy people. I'm also the laid back guy, that if you offend me, I get over it in about 5 seconds. So make fun of me, I won't throw a tantrum!

papasurf31
September 29, 2005, 9:26 pm
I make mods and maps. Some of them are good. People like them. I think I'm a well respected, contributing member of the forums.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 9:27 pm
*cough*S4r is a [CENSORED]*cough*

XP

?
September 29, 2005, 9:33 pm
I was played here by the NBBA "National Bible Beater Associasion" to beat the word of God into yall via text. I can say no more exept... we are more powerful than France!

Raptor
September 29, 2005, 10:40 pm
By my waypoints and maps!

UGK
September 29, 2005, 10:55 pm
People reconize me when I start Barreting and suck with autos.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 11:03 pm
I probably known in game as "that annoying [CENSORED] who always uses the minigun" xD
I don't really know what people think of me on the forums though... (Wink wink nudge nudge)

n00bface
September 29, 2005, 11:06 pm
i'm the guy who everyone says has a stick up his ass.

Meandor
September 29, 2005, 11:48 pm
I'm one of these guys that have been around these forum for too long; I'm the suggestions forums nazi (according to JabDey or what's his name and some others); I'm the oh-so-evil racist, because I made retarded comics with niggers and Hitler; I'm the guy that makes futuristic mod(s) with absurd sounds-effects; I'm the guy that has been in so many clans, yet no one survived through a whole season of a league; I am boosta's e-wife (actually, I don't remember if he is my e-wife, or if I am..); I am the abuser of the forum functions, such as the ever popular inbox spam, replacing people's sig with random stuff, making people believe there's a beta test to spam JB's inbox; I am the dead alien baby; I am the one that yells excessively at people and feels bad about it after; I'm the first original fluffo; I am one of the resident pixelart fanboys; what else? I probably forgot many insults in this list :P

Rune
September 30, 2005, 12:07 am
I am the one who almost got sued by Knot

m00`
September 30, 2005, 12:12 am
m00net!!! - http://m00.u13.net

silly Suasag3
September 30, 2005, 12:12 am
every1 knows me cos i got a cool name eh? and i poo alot

OMFG ALL MY POST AND [CENSORED]INGH STARS WTF HAPPEND!!??????

Rune
September 30, 2005, 12:24 am
quote:Originally posted by silly Suasag3every1 knows me cos i got a cool name eh? and i poo alot

I think b00sta removed the ones that contained spam

T-Money
September 30, 2005, 12:26 am
b00stA, I love you. Watching the reactions is gold.

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 12:34 am
quote:Originally posted by Runequote:Originally posted by silly Suasag3every1 knows me cos i got a cool name eh? and i poo alot

HAHAH PWNED.

Also people know me because EVERY SINGLE TIME I JOIN A SERVER, they ask "ZAM YOU PLAY RS"
it's annoying ;(

silly Suasag3
September 30, 2005, 1:02 am
what am i? hmmmm [CENSORED]ing annoying thats what

silly Suasag3
September 30, 2005, 1:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Runequote:Originally posted by silly Suasag3every1 knows me cos i got a cool name eh? and i poo alot

good for him

silly Suasag3
September 30, 2005, 1:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Zamorakquote:Originally posted by Runequote:Originally posted by silly Suasag3every1 knows me cos i got a cool name eh? and i poo alot

HAHAH PWNED.

Also people know me because EVERY SINGLE TIME I JOIN A SERVER, they ask "ZAM YOU PLAY [CENSORED] virus filled RS"
it's annoying cos i suck willy ;(

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 1:10 am
I see why he removed those posts...

*SPAM*

-_-;;

F3nyx
September 30, 2005, 1:38 am
I don't have that strong a Soldat persona, either in-game or on the forums, but every now and then I post a long topic in Suggestions about some narrow issue that nobody else cares about. *sniff*

paramud
September 30, 2005, 1:50 am
Pretty much In-game I'm a sniper...
But on the forums, the majority of people just listen to Frogboy *mumble mumble*

AerialAssault
September 30, 2005, 1:56 am
I'm "the commie".

frogboy
September 30, 2005, 2:00 am
I'm the human sarcasm machine, and the cynical [CENSORED]tard. At least, that's what Chakra said.

UGK
September 30, 2005, 2:44 am
quote:Originally posted by silly Suasag3every1 knows me cos i got a cool name eh? and i poo alot

Did you see all the topics he made about b00sta? I mean I'm pretty pissed off about the stars, but i wouldn't go that far.

N1nj@
September 30, 2005, 2:47 am
UGK: u deserved it. u probably gonna end up like him soon anyway.

_Mancer_
September 30, 2005, 3:02 am
"Crap its mancer"

People will usually check to see what team Im on and pick the opposite team, thinking they are going to go against someone good. (which is usually fun, because I do that too)

tRaQs
September 30, 2005, 3:06 am
I'm the guy no one on forums probably recognizes because i almost never mention my in game name(ooh, signature room) and I don't think anyone else has ever acknowledged me when I've gone on a server.

T-Money
September 30, 2005, 4:00 am
OK, I'm the chainsaw guy...not as good as the others, but I always use it now...more than's good for me I guess. If you play me as either lithium or FSM you'll always see that damn saw.

that fuking sniper
September 30, 2005, 4:12 am
I just strolled around the old site list that I had and found the Soldat Forums, which I haven't visited or truly contributed to in many months. I'm glad to see some of the changes around here. Congrats, b00sta, I knew something like this will eventually happen to you. Maybe now you'll change your opinion and reopen that clan list :)

Anyways, I was attracted by this topic's headline and decided to put in my not-so-meaningful 2 cents.

I (was) a player of some magnitude, joining/creating big clans like |FA|, .Bot(+), NS, [PC], and [PS]. My skill declined over time, but I remained well above average for the better part of that decline. I used to be a very diligent forum member, producing large posts of usually over 3 paragraphs in length. I liked prolonged discussions and debating around here when there were people willing to carry such debates, but most others just said that I had too much time on my hands and proceded with making inane, worthless 2-liners. I was also an egocentric [CENSORED], but that's alright, we all are.

I've been around for quite a while, too. The forums changed alot, but this recent change is a pretty good one. The forums are more strictly cleaned up now, and its a breath of fresh air that was needed for a long time.

I always tried to have a friendly relationship with most people, though I stuck it to some others that just got on my nerves. I was a sniper for most of my career, as my name obviously suggests, but I did utilize all of the Soldat armoury when most people were just starting to consider using more than just one weapon. During the time that I've been playing Soldat, it has been my favourite game. I left because of real life issues and I was partially getting sick of the community/gameplay's situation, but I'm not one to start off a complaint thread :)

It's been a good stay, overall. This might be the last post that I'll ever have registered into these forums, so farewell.

UGK
September 30, 2005, 4:53 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@UGK: u deserved it. u probably gonna end up like him soon anyway.

shhhh Please dont tell him waht i said in the server....

AerialAssault
September 30, 2005, 6:45 am
<3 TFS.

Felix
September 30, 2005, 7:00 am
People recognise me, I donno how, I just only play gathers, not on pubs, so people know me by playing with me, GREAT ISN'T IT? |:

Captain Ben
September 30, 2005, 8:57 am
If I was worthy of any title on this forums, I'd have to say that I'd be the Forums' Pirate. But then again, I'm the only pirate here.

Steelix, don't you dare!

.alex.oner.
September 30, 2005, 9:08 am
quote:Originally posted by RuneI am the one who almost got sued by Knot

:OOOOOOO

thats another thing im known for.. starting internet rumours about peoples sisters with pictures included!

<3 runeage

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 9:15 am
Im that sexy guy who pwns your mum.

gg

i am ahab
September 30, 2005, 10:40 am
I'm that guy with the broken humour gland :/

and i'm a lubed <<homo>>....

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 11:13 am
I'm a moderator and nothing else :( and I'm hardly that anymore.

SPARTAN_III
September 30, 2005, 12:35 pm
ben, you're our ambassador to papua new guinea.

as for me...well, i just make interfaces...

Melba
September 30, 2005, 2:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by StickyI'm "Sticky from the forums."

No you're not.
You're the potentially funniest person ever.

KnOt
September 30, 2005, 4:00 pm
roon you peckerheaded, sister-humping, [CENSORED]-slurping, rectal-guzzling, zit-chewing, [CENSORED]-brained [CENSORED]wit!

I am the Q [CENSORED].

TheFunktopus
September 30, 2005, 4:12 pm
I'm the shady guy near the grocery store.

3rd_account
September 30, 2005, 4:17 pm
Skoskav is that arrogant guy that always win.

STEELIX
September 30, 2005, 4:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenIf I was worthy of any title on this forums, I'd have to say that I'd be the Forums' Pirate. But then again, I'm the only pirate here.

Steelix, don't you dare!

Yar.

3rd_account
September 30, 2005, 4:26 pm
Steelix is the real pirate. He spends all day freakin' playing Monkey Island and talking pirate lingo.

text_killer
September 30, 2005, 4:28 pm
Well I don't think that I am known in the community, or in the forums. But Demonic is like the 'alcoholist hungarian guy' who makes good maps, and trying to make a good national team out of crappy materials.
He is the Hungarian who makes the most things to make the soldat community better and better.

respect m8 <1+2

?
September 30, 2005, 4:42 pm
Oops, I forgot that I am the sexiest person on the forums(besides Chakra that is)

.alex.oner.
September 30, 2005, 7:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by text_killerWell I don't think that I am known in the community, or in the forums. But Demonic is like the 'alcoholist hungarian guy' who makes good maps, and trying to make a good national team out of crappy materials.
He is the Hungarian who makes the most things to make the soldat community better and better.

respect m8 <1+2

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?

<3 <3 text text!

remember my offer.. we need/<3 j00 babe!

The Geologist
September 30, 2005, 7:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by paramud
But on the forums, the majority of people just listen to Frogboy *mumble mumble*

HA. You still would have looked dumb even if froggeh wasn't around.

I'm the only geologist for miles to see on here...the only real one anyway, the arrogant one, the [CENSORED], the map maker and the occasional in-game sniper/auto/ruger [CENSORED]. Long story short..it's the name that IDs me.

DT
September 30, 2005, 8:33 pm
Ha my role before was the newbie soldat spammer with ocasional funny things that i said...like "pillows provide comfort"

Now i'm just...a guy who's a expert gamer (almost 1337) without a home internet connection due to my mom being a blond and screwing it up... again and a soon to be game reporter with a side job of being a software techy... or the other way around... (Dream) and hopefully become a GM on some famous game and geting paid while doing it.

This is what i am...

a-4-year-old
September 30, 2005, 9:03 pm
i think i'm known as, (and correct me if im wrong) quote: originally thought of by someone
oh crap! i thought A-4-year-old left by now, damnit :(

Aquarius
September 30, 2005, 9:15 pm
I am here to bash people, defend M79 and praise Opera.

Captain Ben
October 1, 2005, 3:17 am
Monkey Island, eh? I spent four days trying to get the meat off the [CENSORED]ing seagull. Then again, I haven't played it for... nine years.

quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIben, you're our ambassador to papua new guinea.

The first Papua New Guinean Soldat player. Ever. -=EVER=-

UGK
October 1, 2005, 7:49 am
Today, I was reconized as the guy that got his post reseted to 0.
Quote from Zamorak: AHAHAHAH UGK reseted post to 0.

STEELIX
October 1, 2005, 9:51 am
Yes. Well. That was probably because you sound like a moron.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 10:33 am
Oh, I just remembered...

I'm Hitmans butt lover :D

Captain Ben
October 1, 2005, 11:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Stalky

I could have sworn you werre an moderator somewhere down the track...

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 11:58 am
i havent done crap all, but ive been recognised once from that rather detailed post i did on custimisable gosteks being seen online or something like that...might be time to give that topic a bump *ponders* ...oh and being on the forums irc

.alex.oner.
October 1, 2005, 1:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain Benquote:Originally posted by Stalky

I could have sworn you werre an moderator somewhere down the track...

"I could have sworn you werre an moderator somewhere down the crack..."

October 1, 2005, 2:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Melbaquote:Originally posted by StickyI'm "Sticky from the forums."

No you're not.
You're the potentially funniest person ever.

This also applies.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 4:26 pm
Earth!
Fire!
Wind!
Water!
Heart!
Go planet!
By your powers combined... I am CAPTAIN PLANET!

WTF WOW U SUK UR LUKY I LAGD
OMFG NS
OMFG NT
LUK
SKIL

Balthizar
October 2, 2005, 3:25 am
My sick ass ingame name (The Power of Christ) and my God-related comments (God gave them a swimming pool and they loot T.Vs with no power so God punishes them with more stupidity by having them return it) LOLLOLLOL

karmazon
October 2, 2005, 3:50 am
I have fun pissing weak minded people on the internet

MOFO NOFO
October 2, 2005, 4:25 am
Im the guy that posts hopeless movies. Well, you need SOMEONE to do that, right?

Unlucky 13
October 2, 2005, 4:34 am
Well, I'm known ingame as XIV now (everyone knows my birthday, it seems). I'm the one who has on-and-off good and bad days, and used to be known for being a good Spas user.
Now I'm know as the most enthusiastic Spas user...

Forum wise, nah, I'm not renowned. I hope(d) to be, but for now, I'll stick to the shadows.

STEELIX
October 2, 2005, 9:20 pm
Unlucky: Lies! 'Tis me!

Kazuki
October 2, 2005, 9:54 pm
Haha, I don't even know what I'm supposed to serve as in the community. I can be a really nice and playful guy, or I can be the biggest whine in-game, which I tend to do most of the time.

I AM DEFINATELY NOT A MODERATOR.

Ahem. Anyway, I don't even know what people think of me anymore, both skill-wise and personalilty-wise, and I don't like to comment on myself because I'm always unsure. ;) Can't really say.

ThaD
October 3, 2005, 11:04 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcSimple topic, provided to be fun.

What is your role in the Soldat Community? How do people recognise you? How would you like them to recognise you? By your in-game skillz, by your clan, by the help you provide to people, by the stuff you make, or something else?

What is your role in the Soldat Community? - i am a co-admin of polish Soldat forums; newsman, translator and so on Soldat.eu.org, I am also a humble man so that's it ;]

How do people recognise you? - by nick and clan

Deleted User
October 3, 2005, 11:59 am
Kaz i reckognise you mostly by your arvarter, that thing freaked me out when i first saw it

Kazuki
October 3, 2005, 1:14 pm
Kekeke. Yeah, I've had that thing for a long, long time. I don't know why I still have it. I'm just too lazy to get another one. :P