( search forums )
Forum Teamspeak, once a week.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
September 29, 2005, 7:23 pm

I was reminiscing a little about when a bunch of us happened to bump into each other at the same time, slap on Teamspeak ( a voice communication software ) and then have a right old laugh while we played Soldat together. Good old days. Funny, too. For some reason I have a recording of Wassow singing the entire Bohemian Rhapsody :|

So yeah, talked to Demonics about it and we both agreed it'd be a cool idea if anyone interested in having a laugh would all meet together on teamspeak, once a week, and just play soldat together. Simple as that.

Though I was wondering, what time would be ideal for most? Maybe two different times a week to consider the poor yanks and aussies?

Apparently Demo can organise a server just for us, though that may not be necessary. And theres already two soldat-related teamspeak servers (u13 and selfkill), so no problems there. Thoughts?

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 7:34 pm
Well, would it be ok if you don't have a mic and listen in, you know, like a pervert? And as for time, it probably won't matter for me, im up late too.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 7:40 pm
Probably after 3:00 pm (american time)
This is when most highschools let out.

FliesLikeABrick
September 29, 2005, 8:13 pm
meh, shoulda kept this to an IRC thing like it always was, now we're gonna have a bunch of peopl trying to organize something and take all of the fun out of what it used to be

September 29, 2005, 8:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZamorakProbably after 3:00 pm (american time)
This is when most highschools let out.

Do we really want a load of 14 year-olds talking rubbish, all hyper from sitting in school? No.

Chakra`
September 29, 2005, 8:24 pm
Yeah I was thinking that. But you can always establish a moderated channel on TS. :)

(hell maybe even make a seperate room : inexperienced adhd screaming preteens only)

...hmm...reminds me of the type Camping Carl rapped.

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 8:54 pm
I'd be interested. Maybe one day for Euros and one day for Americans?

Deleted User
September 29, 2005, 9:43 pm
sounds fun

?
September 29, 2005, 9:45 pm
I might listen in every now and then, tues. and thurs. I might even speak.... in teamspeak

The Geologist
September 29, 2005, 9:54 pm
I'd be down if I didn't roll my chair over my mic cord :/ Still up for a meet and play though.

Suomipoika
September 29, 2005, 9:58 pm
You all will worship my finnish accent!

STEELIX
September 29, 2005, 10:21 pm
Well, of course Demo agreed...

UGK
September 29, 2005, 10:52 pm
I'd be interested. I'm always on Teamspeak. dyn.u13.net

.alex.oner.
September 29, 2005, 11:01 pm
fridays at say.. 4:30 UK time?

UGK
September 30, 2005, 4:58 am
So, when will this TS gather go down? Will we meet in the SOldat forums in dyn.u13.net?

FliesLikeABrick
September 30, 2005, 5:45 am
quote:Originally posted by S4RI'd be interested. Maybe one day for Euros and one day for Americans?

i think it would be better if we had a couple times and anyone could go whenever they wanted, but if you mean having one time that is convenient for UK and one that is convenient for US, then i agree

Captain Ben
September 30, 2005, 8:41 am
We could have a general day, say... like Frideh, where people generally just join, taking chances.
But my thought... America is approx. 6-something hours ahead of Australia, so if this'll happen, it would be a bit nicer if you could boost the american time forward a bit.

Perhaps sevenish-eightish (America time)?

i am ahab
September 30, 2005, 10:34 am
i can donate a server that has teamspeak as part of the package.

i've never used it mind, but the offer is there. and it'd be cool to figure out.

its the euro <<HOMO>> ctf server....

FliesLikeABrick
September 30, 2005, 12:33 pm
ahab, there are already two well-known servers that they want to use for this...

Melba
September 30, 2005, 2:23 pm
No dis idea sux lol

Witcher
September 30, 2005, 9:17 pm
why does it suck?
I gues it'd be quite kewl to have a laugh with a bunch of nabz from the Boards :P
Can anyone say something more accurate?

Chakra`
October 1, 2005, 2:39 am
Ok, so...

How does, say, Tuesday 7 or 8pm GMT sound ('bout 8-10pm around poland), and 7-8pm America EST ('bout 6pm west coast, 1am GMT)

Captain Ben
October 1, 2005, 2:45 am
Chakra, do you know a good time converting site?
I'd very much like to do this!

Chakra`
October 1, 2005, 2:55 am
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/

FliesLikeABrick
October 1, 2005, 4:48 am
but what server?

UGK
October 1, 2005, 7:41 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickbut what server?

I think we should use the dyn.u13.net. Because it has the Soldat Gather Room thing at the bottom of the room list. It also has Soldat Forum room.

DeMonIc
October 1, 2005, 8:16 am
As I see it, we should just set a time intervall, so games would just roll and roll, without players waiting for each other.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 12:33 pm
hmm i reckon about 4 pm 10+ gmt for australians woulkd be good

Melba
October 1, 2005, 2:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Witcherwhy does it suck?
I gues it'd be quite kewl to have a laugh with a bunch of nabz from the Boards :P
Can anyone say something more accurate?

I was just star hunting.

Führer, post fine plz

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 4:00 pm
intresting idea

Chakra`
October 1, 2005, 4:23 pm
So, like, agreed on the times? We can use the u13 TS server (tradition..s'what we always used to use), and as for a server...well theres tonnes out there.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 4:24 pm
Omfg. Team-Speak sucks. Ventrilo is so much easier, and the voice quality is just amazing. Not to mention TS's quality sucks.

Chakra`
October 1, 2005, 6:08 pm
Yeah you find a decent ventrilo server for us then ¬_¬

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 7:06 pm
MAKE ME

FliesLikeABrick
October 1, 2005, 8:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Yeah you find a decent ventrilo server for us then ¬_¬

sarcasm.

keep with the tradation and use teamspeak

edit: btw, u13 also has a ventrilo server at vent.u13.net

Deleted User
October 3, 2005, 5:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by UGKI'd be interested. I'm always on Teamspeak. dyn.u13.net

your also always on X-Fire

UGK
October 3, 2005, 10:49 pm
lol yeah. Like most of the day i am. heres how many hours i have played of soldat over the last 4 months:[IMAGE]

Chakra`
October 3, 2005, 11:01 pm
'k, well, no one seems to mind the times i suggested. I'll get old boosty to sticky a topic and we'll see what happens eh?

i am ahab
October 4, 2005, 10:29 pm
quote:
ahab, there are already two well-known servers that they want to use for this...

ok dude. np.

the uk server that me and ok have been bantering about has just gone up. see the topic. it has teamspeak. come and talk all the time!

of course it is still a good idea to have specifed times to go to certain places. so go follow chak too. he'll make you smile.... well it may hurt at first.

Chakra`
October 4, 2005, 10:35 pm
theres a few of us on the dyn.u13.net ts right now as it goes...bit quiet, and some fecker just won't turn down his speakers ¬_¬

i am ahab
October 4, 2005, 10:47 pm
oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaas? silly bugger!

hmm im waiting for my new headphones to come through my old ones broke :(

and i just fried my main pc's motherboard so im relegated to laptop funk :((

otherwise i'd come chill with you chief.

the moral of the story: always tighten or remove loose screws. DO NOT think, f' it, it'll be ok for a mo while i test this new piece of k...
OH DEAR SWEET JESUS AND GOD!
FIRE!

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 11:52 pm
I refuse to use the voice messaging program the devil himself made. Use ventrilo plzzzzzzzzz :(

Chakra`
October 5, 2005, 12:42 am
fanboys ....what can ya do?

i am ahab
October 5, 2005, 10:02 am
umm sorry i got got ahead of myself mate ;)

i cannot comment any further without being lynched by an angry mob of ok and his clones. they've already been round once and had all the gnomes from my front lawn :(

FliesLikeABrick
October 5, 2005, 6:04 pm
I was in the TS server last night with a bunch of people, was good fun. It wasn't during the scheduled thing, but about 3-4 hours later... chakra, Ok, amiku, and myself... also with appearances by pienne and rambosechs

a good time was had by all.