( search forums )
(moved) punching underpowered.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
September 29, 2005, 9:35 pm
...my title might throw one off: it's not that a punch is too strong, it's just that it should be able to knock a gun off (esp. machine guns) even while they're being fired. it you have noticed you can't get the enemy's gun while he's firing it.
has it happened to you before?

(moved from General Discussions to Improvements/Suggestions by b00stA)

?
September 29, 2005, 9:42 pm
your not gonna be punching very long if he is shooting you at piont blank range....

GAMEOVER
September 29, 2005, 10:18 pm
Itd be so hard to pull off in game when your gettin nailed with shots, dont sound like a bad idea.

zyxstand
September 30, 2005, 12:53 am
?, he doesn't necessarily have to be firing at me...

tRaQs
September 30, 2005, 3:09 am
Yeah, he could sneak up from behind. but personally, i think a punch should be much more devastating, it would be cool, if people could do a click and hold punch, of course, full blast punch would make your soldat move slower, otherwise [CENSORED]tards will run around with a ready full blast punch.

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 4:42 pm
hmmm good idea

zyxstand
September 30, 2005, 8:38 pm
what about being able to have it charged and when you let go you release and you punch the living crap out of whoever you're hitting. or maybe, the soldier can also kick if you have held for over 1 secs to make more damage and stuff.

also, rly important; i think it'd be much beter (and more realistic) if you get binked immensly (let that be the true power of the punch).

Vijchtidoodah
September 30, 2005, 8:45 pm
I always thought it would be fun if you also dashed forward when you punched to compensate for the fact that your opponent most likely has a gun.

DT
September 30, 2005, 8:47 pm
quote: it's just that it should be able to knock a gun off (esp. machine guns) even while they're being fired.

That already happens sometimes... especialy when you both clash and start gun whiping each other

mooseproduce
September 30, 2005, 9:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahI always thought it would be fun if you also dashed forward when you punched to compensate for the fact that your opponent most likely has a gun.

OFMGH YES.

You should do a little hop forwards. Hawt! ^_^

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 3:11 am
The dashing thing would definitely rock! I can even see my little soldat hopping forward in a boxing-type of stance as he punches the enemy in the face! Head shots with punch should make a little blood too, as if you broke the guy's nose.

Captain Ben
October 1, 2005, 4:04 am
Judo kicks would be a nice addition instead of jumping and punching one's own arm.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 4:18 am
Judo kicks? Judo is more about picking people up, slamming them into the ground, landing on top of them, and then applying a choke/armbar/hold-down etc. (although there is a little bit of kicking and punching). Come to think of it, Judo in soldat would be pretty cool.... However, something like this would make Soldat way too much like street fighter.

a-4-year-old
October 1, 2005, 6:07 am
how 'bout tae kuon doe (however you spell it) if you jump while punch/kicking you kick them, i wanna kick a soldat in the balls, great 4 movies

F3nyx
October 1, 2005, 10:03 pm
zyxstand, you haven't been playing the F.E.A.R. demo by chance, have you? Because in that game, you can kill people with a single punch... just wondering if that was what inspired this thread.

zyxstand
October 2, 2005, 2:31 am
lol F3nyx... an idea such as mine doesn't necessarily have to be inspired by anything in particular.
and - no, i have never played that game b4...