Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
NuZZ
September 30, 2005, 7:16 am
SUP!
Yo yeh, some of you may remember me ;o,
anyway!

Making this map you see?
Been wanting to for heapsa time, like ~Huge~
a huge map, of, earth, basicly having cities, and fields and oceans and stuff like that.
However it will be ~Large in size~ (KB)
Possibly 20meg+ for a map ;o

So how about you suggest sum ideas on, say, scenery and places and things you would like to see in maybe a city (High rises? etc.)

Also, if you want you post up some sceneries of tress and such, cars etc.
Lost my fast connection lately so I cant really get much myself, let alone GET on the internet -_-
Even know that leaves more time offline to do this eh ? :D
Ok heres what the current... Ideas for places are O.o
---
Volcanos~
Forests~
Lakes~
Deserts~
Abysses~ (Underwater cavern)
Cave~
Cities~
----
Probably a tone and a half more, so please tell.
Current SS:
[IMAGE]

m00`
September 30, 2005, 7:27 am
it already sucks because your not using polyworks

Vijchtidoodah
September 30, 2005, 7:31 am
20mb? Not a soul on earth will be able to play it without major framerate problems. And I hope you aren't going to waste your time on a map that's so large that nobody wants to play it.

Sorry to shoot you down, but really large, laggy maps are no fun.

Keron Cyst
September 30, 2005, 6:31 pm
I love the font and its background ("new earth," not the level). BTW, that's humongous looking at the tree graphic. Even half that size is pretty large already.

The Geologist
September 30, 2005, 6:51 pm
A nobel idea..why not make a smaller map that contains many of these aspects with a well defined boudnry? Or possibly a series of themed maps from locations around the globe?

Aquarius
September 30, 2005, 9:06 pm
quote:it already sucks because your not using polyworks
Your comment sucks.

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 9:25 pm
Themed maps like Geologist said is a better idea, then one huge map which will cause significant lag like vicchitijotah([CENSORED]ing name) said.

What I would suggest is make seperate areas of the earth in each map, like in Austrialia you can put savanah setting, then in antarctica you can make a snow/ice themed map, then make the sahara desert map from africa, you get my point. Personally, I think that would be a good idea :P.

NuZZ
October 1, 2005, 9:04 am
Thats an idea and a half :P!
Oi thanx, and moo, eyic, you can go eat a [CENSORED] hahah! geek boy :o!

Yeah Ill make an island of the map I made from that.. Uhh, yeah, just some random island.

Then get onto um, that antarctica and stuff...
Yeah I know it would lag on sum comps, actually most comps, I just have a good one so ;(
Yeah but I will make all the little antarctica and areas like deserts, islands, cities etc huge, like a really big map instead of these [CENSORED]ty repetitive ass maps where u run to grab a flag in a fictional little half-assed no-detailed world...
Lol.

Sk8er
October 20, 2005, 7:18 pm
[CENSORED] polyworks!Polyworks too hard for me!Standard mapmaker or others good for SK8ER!lol

The Geologist
October 20, 2005, 8:29 pm
Polyworks is the better map maker. Don't get mad at polyworks if you can't figure it out, it's not exactly rocket science. And seeing as how your post has nothing to do with the topic...don't bring back old topics to spam.

Is this topic dead Nuzz, or is there any interest in continuing?

warpo
October 22, 2005, 2:24 am
O.o

rabidhamster
October 22, 2005, 3:13 am
what a beautiful comment warpo, took the words right out of my mouth.

ppiksmada
October 22, 2005, 4:17 am
Looks good dude, i like the urban warfare idea. I think the city and an ocean with an island would be a good idea for a spawn point, to besiege the city and stuff. Wouldn't progressive spawnpoints be a good idea for soldat too? for these kinds of maps anyways?