( search forums )
Weapon cycle mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
La Linea
September 30, 2005, 12:55 pm
Pretty simple, all players have the same primary and secondary weapon for 2-3 minutes (Server should be able to change this) then everyone swaps to a diffrent set and that sticks for 2-3 minutes.

Weapon order would be in random order, and either set time (By server) or random time from 2-3 minutes so you could never be sure when or what you get next.

When all players get their weapons swapped all the old weapons should be purged from the server (The ones not in use aswell to avoid someone using the same weapon for long)

So when the game starts everyone has the same weapon (Primary and secondary) and after x minutes everyone swaps to another weapon and all have the same weapon still.

Thus we have bunch of hk mp3 at one second in close combat when it suddently swaps to a m79, spas, barret etc, etc.

We could also have set grenades, you would get 5 nades at each swap but there are no boxes in the map. You'd have to be careful not to spend any. Unspent nades would disappear at swap.

Meandor
September 30, 2005, 2:28 pm
It's a nice idea, though I'm afraid this would end up just like advance :>

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 2:59 pm
I like it... imagine, everyone wielding miniguns! This could also be great weapon practice.

i am ahab
September 30, 2005, 3:42 pm
quote:
It's a nice idea, though I'm afraid this would end up just like advance :>

yes. and the only way to avoid that is too not kill everyone at the intervals... which would be madness, imagine shooting at someone as the timer hits zero and your gun dissapears... :O

but its a good idea though. maybe useful as an advance mode option?

Keron Cyst
September 30, 2005, 6:20 pm
@Fluffy: you can achieve the same "weapon practice" in Advance Mode where you're forced to use the primary you have (it also entices you into experimenting with the other secondaries). I don't think this mode is needed although I'd probably vote "Yes" if a poll was put up for it.

La Linea
October 1, 2005, 11:35 am
Wouldn't be like advance at all. You can't pick any weapons, you just have to use what you have these 2 minutes and beat your opponement with that very same weapon.

Actually it's a question if you should be able to swap between prim and sec weapons and the weapon cycle would include the secondary aswell. (Possible exeption of LAW due to long reload)

Meandor
October 1, 2005, 1:39 pm
By ending up as advance I mean that it wouldn't be too popular. Most people only play the normal mode.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 1:54 pm
good idea that good in practise

UnRadiant
October 1, 2005, 6:04 pm
Sounds a bit like survival mode with set weapons, with the rounds and all.
Not a bad idea, though

Deleted User
October 2, 2005, 2:32 am
quote:Originally posted by MeandorBy ending up as advance I mean that it wouldn't be too popular. Most people only play the normal mode.

I personally find it extremely difficult to play advance mode when there aren't any servers with it in the first place. Otherwise, I'd play it all the time.

Of course, that's just me. You can't really know how well it would do until people start setting up servers.

As for the idea presented in this thread, I give it a thumbs up. It could even cycle through secondaries possibly (all you'd have to do is spawn everyone without a primary)... It'd rawk for everyone to have to use USSOCOM (blast from the past?) or knives against each other, and the fun times with chainsaw is a given. LAW would be awkward, though... But you could just omit it or something on the server.