( search forums )
Alright, it has been long enough
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
FliesLikeABrick
September 30, 2005, 4:46 pm
1.3 has been around long enough, and it is time to find out whether you guys really like it or hated it.

Just say: Like, Hate, or Meh.

you can post an explanation of pros and cons, but they must be in separate lists

----

Pros:
-Weapons balance seems to be just about righ
-Even for those who disagree, they can build and market their own WM

Cons:
-5 point change in flag capture points was not needed

I'll add more as they come to mind

Flying_Dutchman
September 30, 2005, 5:20 pm

Pros
- The physics, you dont stop and just fall straight down when you die.
- Dropping the flag gives some nice posibilities.
- The dodgemove proves usefull in certain conditions.

Cons
- Weapons seem a bit unbalanced when playing RS.
- No hit registering bug is annoying, specially with spas.

bgretydews
September 30, 2005, 5:22 pm
Dodge move? you mean like backflips?

Flying_Dutchman
September 30, 2005, 5:23 pm
yea

Marbire
September 30, 2005, 5:30 pm
Cons: 20 pt caps for alpha and 25 pts for bravo is extremely retarded. Now it takes me longer to figure out how many kills I have, or other people, and its harder to compare, etc.

Edit: if it's 25 for even teams, and 20 if you have less on your team, that's still unnessesary. Too hard to find out how many kills you have

non-registering hits are still a problem, if not more.

---

Pros: Weapon balance seems good though.

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 5:45 pm
Hate.

Pros
- The backflip. I had it incorporated into my play two or three games after I learned how to do it, it's great for dodging shots and lets you climb up things easier.
- Modding weapons. It lets you go back to 1.2 weapons!
- Better saw.
- Throwing the flag. It'd be better if you could aim it, but it's good for playing keep-away with the flag.

Cons
- Weapon balance. Whose bright idea was it to nerf all the weapons except the ones that were already overused? Now, there's barely any chance of finding a public server without excessive barretwhores. (To further prove my point, I run a small server with 1.2 weapons from time to time, and when the barret isn't banned, it's rarely abused.)
- Unregistering hits. This is ridiculously annoying, especially when using the saw. Tons of people walk straight through my active saw, and usually the only place I can get good action with it is in my own server.
- LAW start-up time. This is what happens when you try to fix things that aren't broken. The only time I've seen someone use the LAW since 1.3 came out was in a 1.2 weapons server. This, along with the SOCOM doing less damage, makes the community whine about the knife being too strong.

There are more pros than cons, but the cons listed effect the way you play drastically, whereas the pros are simple add-ons.

Keron Cyst
September 30, 2005, 6:09 pm
@Muffin: I'm assuming you haven't played with bots. The flag goes in the direction your cursor is facing if only it weren't for the slow speed which causes it to sink so fast.

Pros:
Chainsaw is now 1337
Pwnage backflip
Ricochet angle increased
FlameGod - keeping flamethrower after invincibility wears off
Weapon Mods, of course :-P

Cons:
unregistering hits, especially with the LAW after waiting for .21 seconds (which, due to the lag, increases usually four-fold), and especially with the FlameGod flamethrower
Uh, flag cap points I guess? I didn't notice that...

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 6:17 pm
_______

Pros:
-Backflip, of course
-WM feature
-Team player names stick on border, F2
-Everyone dies with Survival on to prevent spawn killing
-If player who is getting vote kicked on leaves, he gets temporary ban
-Flag throw
-"Autocomplete button (Tab), when you type the beginning of someones name and hit Tab it will auto complete"
-More text can be shown

Cons:
-As a few other people said, unregistering hits. Especially with m79s or grenades
-So it is 20 for Alpha and 25 for Bravo? I can kind of see why but I don't like that
-Ruger has become the new barret, for Realistic, in my opinion. I see just as many people using it, and its getting annoying now.

n00bface
September 30, 2005, 6:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marbire20 pt caps for alpha and 25 pts for bravo is extremely retarded. Now it takes me longer to figure out how many kills I have, or other people, and its harder to compare, etc.

And non-registering hits are still a problem, if not more.

Weapon balance seems good though.

dumbass :rolleyes:

It's 20 points if the other team has less players than you, 25 points if you have as many or less than the other team.

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 6:38 pm
I've finally learnt to "get along with" v1.3 But I don't think anything was made "better"
Pros-
None, at all whatsoever in my opinion nothing was improved.. (just the bugs and such were fixed, not much of a difference though)

Cons-
With this "bink" and stuff, it requires players to relearn they "firing system"....
Barret and m79 were unchanged.
Spraying is most certainly not gone... Just spraying in intervals is what happens now, not too big of a difference...

Rune
September 30, 2005, 6:48 pm
Mæh

pros:
-ragdoll!
-HTF
-flag throwing
-weapon editor
-all the other new and small nifty features, like tab + letter = name, freecam and the F2 feature

cons:
-cap points, as Marbire mentioned
-I liked the 1.2.1 weapon balance more
-backflip is annoying most of the time
-invisible nades STILL not fixed

FliesLikeABrick
September 30, 2005, 6:56 pm
Marbire please fix your post to follow the outline i gave, I want people to be able to look through the thread and tell what the general feeling is by skimming the first words. If you don't fix it, i'll have it deleted

rabidhamster
September 30, 2005, 7:14 pm

i'm only gonna put the cons, as everything not on the cons list is a pro.

cons:
network code. this probably isn't MM's fault, but still, it's annoying.
umm... that's about it.

Marbire
September 30, 2005, 7:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacedumbass :rolleyes:

It's 20 points if the other team has less players than you, 25 points if you have as many or less than the other team.

I believe there was another thread in this forum where it was said that bravo gets 25 pts and alpha gets 20. That was what the majority said, and that's what I've seen. I could be wrong. So why don't you shut the [CENSORED] up and slob on my knob before you go callin me a dumbass you stupid nerd. I have rarely played soldat since PS died which was around the 1.3 release.

And Flies, what the hell is the problem with how I posted, only a 5 year old needs a little perfect outline.... fixed nonetheless

_Mancer_
September 30, 2005, 7:51 pm

Pro: Too many to name.. almost everything

Con: Mp5 and Law. Mp5 is overpowered and Law isnt as used now. I also hate the lower ruger damage AND slow reload.. I would ditch the reload change.. not damage

n00bface
September 30, 2005, 8:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marbirequote:Originally posted by n00bfacedumbass :rolleyes:

I believe there was another thread in this forum where it was said that bravo gets 25 pts and alpha gets 20. That was what the majority said, and that's what I've seen. I could be wrong. So why don't you shut the [CENSORED] up and slob on my knob before you go callin me a dumbass you stupid nerd. I have rarely played soldat since PS died which was around the 1.3 release.

And Flies, what the hell is the problem with how I posted, only a 5 year old needs a little perfect outline.... fixed nonetheless

o lol, i was wrong. i just tested it. that's how it works in infiltration though, and i'm 100 percently sure of that. i'm not much of a CTFer you see....

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 8:25 pm

Pros:
-HTF, even though no1 plays it. :/
-Weapon Balance for the most part
-Saw is way better
-Autos self-bink

More minor ones too

Cons:
-Law, a slightly slower reload hardly makes up for the .3 second load time.(Just my opinion)
-Weapon Mod servers... It is a good idea if people used it right. M79s shooting 1,000,000 grenades per second is cool untill 12 other servers have it.
-Desert Eagles are different. Not worse, just different in speed and damage and it took some getting used to.
-Very few good servers, I don't know where they all went but with 1.3 servers seemed to disappear.

Those are the only things I could think of at the moment that I dislike.

Marbire
September 30, 2005, 8:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
o lol, i was wrong. i just tested it. that's how it works in infiltration though, and i'm 100 percently sure of that. i'm not much of a CTFer you see....

Well how bout an apology from the ignorant moderator? pfft

Witcher
September 30, 2005, 9:07 pm
erm Hated.
Getting used to 1.2.1 is one thing, the crap which this version if full of now is the secound. Autos too strong to be beaten with, lets say, m79, and too weak when it comes to fighting against a good rugerer. Barret is still overpowered... i'd just love to see that old 1.1.3 BRT in new soldat... But i'll write all those things in one sentence: Weapon balance really requires more work.
This version is for people, who are NOT SKILLED, but LUCKY and CLEVER.
And i won't even say a word about the network-code ... ('m79 hits' are at least 1/3 of all my accurate m79 shots..,)
again:
hated.

Though i'm too addicted to leave soldat :P

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 9:09 pm
Like.

Pros:
Weapon balance.
Reason for votekick.
New HTF mode.
Names of teammates are shown on the edge of your screen so you know where they are.
Backflip.
Freecam.

Cons:
Invisible LAW.
Ruger got nerfed =(

a-4-year-old
September 30, 2005, 9:20 pm
ive read all of you guys posts and i have to say meh:
pros:
-wm i guess
-PRIMARY wep. balance
-uhh htf i guess :(
-*draws a blank*

cons
-wm that are retarded-lagg-infested-crappyness
-none of my ideas where added XD
-secondarys blow now (law died a miserible death)
-htf is pretty stupid
-glitches glitches glitches
-still some [CENSORED]assed [CENSORED]gs who shoot through polys *angry*
-*begins to realise how much i dislike the new version*
-*if you can still call it new*
-more glitches,more glitches,more glitches!
-even more glitches!!!!!
-those goddamn glitches!!!!!!!!! XD

N1nj@
September 30, 2005, 9:27 pm
Marbire: that point thing is just a bug, just wanted to point that out.

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 9:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfacequote:Originally posted by Marbire20 pt caps for alpha and 25 pts for bravo is extremely retarded. Now it takes me longer to figure out how many kills I have, or other people, and its harder to compare, etc.

And non-registering hits are still a problem, if not more.

Weapon balance seems good though.

dumbass :rolleyes:

You're both wrong. It doesnt matter whether the teams are 11-1 or 6-6, Bravo team will ALWAYS get 25 points for a cap NO MATTER WHAT, Alpha will always only get 20 NO MATTER WHAT. NOTHING, i say, NOTHING affects the points you get for caps in ctf.

Anyways...

Hate.

[Pros]

- The backflip. <3
- Upgraded Saw. <3
- ability to throw flag (Although it could use improvement - also needs to be configurable)

- Names on the screen
- Reason for Votekick.
- More modes! Used or not used, making this game bigger is always great.

[Cons]

- Weapon Balance is very unsupportive for newer players (Thus the [CENSORED]ing whoring of every 1 shot kill gun)
- Like above, the overflow of 1 shot kill gun [CENSORED]s.
- That, FOOKING, LAG! (invisible nades, law shots, lagged shots)
- That damnable point inbalance between Alpha and Bravo
- Removal of ctf maps (Although Cherynobl or whatever the hell its called can just die.
- Nerfing of every gun except for the barret and not enough for m79.
- Poly glitching
- More new bugs, old bugs not fixed.
- WM. I know its another cool modding feature, and id support it if every WM server wasnt some newbie making every weapon shoot law shots and having m79 fire m79 rounds like a minigun. Any 1.2.1 wm server ive ever gone too has nothing but newbies in them, probably because newbies arent smart enough to know to turn off WM in the FILTER which I have no clue as to WHY the hell michal would make that default.

[Conclusion]

This version has way too many downsides to be considered an upgrade, rather more of a downgrade. This version has removed my addiction to Soldat...I just play it when im bored now.

papasurf31
September 30, 2005, 9:55 pm
Pro: Much improved modding and mapping capabilities (not actually a direct result of 1.3, but still in the same time frame)
+basic weapon changes, balancing etc.

Cons: I really want to see some widely used mods that actually affect gameply in a good way, keeping weapons blanced and adding some new experiences to soldat. I'm currently working on a complete mod that will change just about everything about soldat currently possible. I want MM to help me distribute it, like on the official page. I want u13 to run 24/7 servers for it. I want people to refer to it by acronym, because it's so well known.

Yeah, My little rant of the day.

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 10:09 pm
To be honest...its a "Meh" and a "like". Yes, I did love 1.3, I was one of the ones who liked it but...its just that since the regular guns have been nerfed a bit, barrets swarm the servers like the Bubonic Plague...

Pros
- The Chainsaw actually ownz now >:)
- Eventhough it never seems like a problem, the delay on the law does make things more fair when you think about it.
- The backflip, it's very helpful! Dodged many m79's cuz of it.
- Ability to throw the flag, great idea!
- Ability to see teammates names, general location, and if they have the flag or died. Very, very good idea I love it.

Cons...
quote:Originally posted by Muffin
- Weapon balance. Whose bright idea was it to nerf all the weapons except the ones that were already overused? Now, there's barely any chance of finding a public server without excessive barretwhores. (To further prove my point, I run a small server with 1.2 weapons from time to time, and when the barret isn't banned, it's rarely abused.)
- Unregistering hits. This is ridiculously annoying, especially when using the saw. Tons of people walk straight through my active saw, and usually the only place I can get good action with it is in my own server.

- Oh and lowering the socom damage =\

T-Money
September 30, 2005, 10:18 pm
I like it.

TEH PROS:

-Chainsaw is even more awesome than it was before, almost as much so as the original version or whichever one had the kickass saw.

-Backlip rocks.

-Flag pass rocks.

TEH CONS

-Weapon balance is teh suck on realistic.

-Hit non-registering thing. Massively annoying.

-Underpowered secondaries aside from knife and saw.

-Flame God. Keeping flamer is teh suck, mostly cos flamer is teh suck.

GAMEOVER
October 1, 2005, 1:03 am
Pros:
-Ability to WM
-Backflip
-HTF
-F2
-Bink
-Flag Pass

Cons:
-My nades NEVER kill anyone yet they toss 1 at me and im dead, im so annoyed with this.
-Weapon "Balance"
----Dont think so.. You mean to tell me you can nerf a SECONDARY weapon (socom)and leave the most powerful gun in the game (barret) alone and then tell me weapons are balanced? meh..
----Im not a law user but when I do use it that .3 is just silly, should get tossed.
----With this version you almost ruined the ruger its still useable but doesnt stack up to most other weapons like it should. The autos seem fine to me lots of whining about mp5 but that weapons balanced its such a short range weapon any more changes to it would make it worthless imo. Steyr could use a tiny bit more power. So with all that said weapons to increase effectiveness would be Ruger, powers ok any less its worthless how about a little faster reload. Deagles, same as ruger faster reload. Steyr, a tiny bit more power. Weapons to nerf, untill the barret has SOME kind of decrease there will be no true weapon balance make it 1 shot kill above the waste or something, ANYTHING. Nades are fine in power but you need to make these work fairly for everyone I throw two or three nades directly at someone and they lob 1 back end result = me dead, no nade advantage with weapons either who cares if its only a chainsaw. Any weapons not mentioned are perfect dont mess with them.
-Get rid of the 20-25 point diff in caps that are in effect in CTF, just dumb imo.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 1:35 am
I smelled hate on the law in this topic while I was browsing the topic list... WHO WAS IT?!

frogboy
October 1, 2005, 1:51 am
Like.

Pros
- Ability to modify weapons
- Self-bink (I use autos)
- Flag throwing
- HTF
- Text scaling
- Flamer upgrades
- -mod
- the new pause

Cons:
- The community.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 1:53 am
Meho000

Pros
-Weapons Balance, good for most of the weapons
-Drop Flag, Sexy feature
-More server commands, Awesome stuff
-More Demo Stuff, once again really helpful outsiode of just playing
-Selfbink, Seems like it has worked out decently to reduce spray
-Weaker weapons overall, Good idea.
-ctf_Nuubia :P
-Crashed and Chernobyl removed, Good call.
-HTF, fun to play once in a while
-Weapon Modding

Cons
-Barret and mp5 being overpowered
-Backflip sucks
-Alot of bugs, annoying ones also, Invisible LAW, invisble m79... and many more
-Backflip sucks
-LAW being severely underpowered.
-Backflip sucks

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 2:31 am
...Why does eveyone think the mp5 is overpowered?

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 2:38 am
idono, but it really isn't that overpowered, it's just better :)

Captain Ben
October 1, 2005, 2:52 am
Love.

Pros
-Editable weapons
-New weapons balance (new challenge)
-More modding capabilities
-Separate team gosteks
-Great community

Cons
-The only real issue I have is lag, and people who can knife better than me, but lag is something that's not that much of a problem.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 3:01 am
Overall it's a meh.

The Good:
--Added modability
--Chainsaw was fixed *hoo-rey*
--All the little extra features (longer messages, taunts, vote reasons, etc.)

The Bad:
--Higher pings/more lag overall, which in turn causes hits not to register, etc.
--Weapon balance unwittingly created an exponential boom in exclusive instakiller usage
--More bugs/glitches, supposed bug fixes missing/not noticable
--Game is overall less "newbie" friendly

And the Ugly:
--Self-bink a bad solution to spraying with bad execution (mp5 binks too little, steyr binks too much, etc.)
--I have yet to see a good weapon mod (as in not 1.2.1 weapons or weapons on steroid-infused crack)
--CTF balancing method is bugged

Source
October 1, 2005, 3:11 am

Pros:
- Weapon Balance is ok
- HTF
- Vote Reasons
- The auto resize thing
- Ability to throw the flag =D

Cons:
- Backflip can get very annoying
- MP5 is overpowered and needs more selfbink

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 3:53 am
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERPros:
-Ability to WM
-Backflip
-HTF
-F2
-Bink
-Flag Pass

Cons:
-My nades NEVER kill anyone yet they toss 1 at me and im dead, im so annoyed with this.
-Weapon "Balance"
----Dont think so.. You mean to tell me you can nerf a SECONDARY weapon (socom)and leave the most powerful gun in the game (barret) alone and then tell me weapons are balanced? meh..
----Im not a law user but when I do use it that .3 is just silly, should get tossed.
----With this version you almost ruined the ruger its still useable but doesnt stack up to most other weapons like it should. The autos seem fine to me lots of whining about mp5 but that weapons balanced its such a short range weapon any more changes to it would make it worthless imo. Steyr could use a tiny bit more power. So with all that said weapons to increase effectiveness would be Ruger, powers ok any less its worthless how about a little faster reload. Deagles, same as ruger faster reload. Steyr, a tiny bit more power. Weapons to nerf, untill the barret has SOME kind of decrease there will be no true weapon balance make it 1 shot kill above the waste or something, ANYTHING. Nades are fine in power but you need to make these work fairly for everyone I throw two or three nades directly at someone and they lob 1 back end result = me dead, no nade advantage with weapons either who cares if its only a chainsaw. Any weapons not mentioned are perfect dont mess with them.
-Get rid of the 20-25 point diff in caps that are in effect in CTF, just dumb imo.

IMHO, ruger is fine, you can make 2 shot kills with the right aim, which I usually make 8/10. Steyr and Deagles need some improvement though...

spot
October 1, 2005, 4:20 am
Meh.
Pros:
What everybody just said.
Though I must be the only one who is amused by the .3 span time of the LAW, It just gets more tks that way, which sometimes is funny. LAW isn't hard, unless there's lag.
I don't think the Steyr is nerfed, and the deagles do need a tiny bit more power.
Who cares if you get more points in Bravo? In my opinion the flag scores are useless and only kills are. CTF is a team game, not a...I get the most points by capping 300 times on Bravo game, :P

Cons:
Can you weaken the barret already?!?!
I still use Desert Eagles, but not as much as I did in 1.2.1...
Non-registering shots is pissing me off nowadays. I had to shoot 7 times with DE to get someone dead, >>
I agree with T-Money, weapon balance is crap in Realistic. Can't go one game without being hit with a Ruger...

Overall, I started playing just before 1.3 came out, and played 1.2 for about a couple of weeks. I finally moved on and didn't really notice the changes (because I didn't play 1.2.1 much) but the deagles was what kept me from converting to 1.3 that easily.

I miss teh deagles!

AerialAssault
October 1, 2005, 4:25 am
its alright, not as good as 1.2.1 though. while i think the auto self bink wasnt needed, considering that they should be the most used weapons in the game, autos are the middle of the road weapons. now all you ever see are barretts, m79s, and rugers, which is EXACTLY WHAT I SAID WOULD HAPPEN YOU FOOLS!

also, the LAW is totally ruined now for...what reason? i still use it but it kinda sucks.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 4:52 am
Pros:
-The backflip, I love it. Perfect for my style of play (deception, like standing still as they charge you with a knife and then backflipping and planting a few rounds in their face)
-MP5 was not binked as much as other autos. It doesn't do much damage per bullet as it is, if it was just shooting everywhere we MP5ers would never get kills - the point of the MP5 is to get up close and hold the fire button.

Cons:
-Get the damn Barret out of this game. Or, take it out of Deathmatch, and make it so that you can only shoot it on the ground. If you make a 1-hit kill gun that shoots very fast, in a straight line, and from anywhere and any angle in any situation it is going to be abused beyond belief. And it is. It should be used for what it's intended to do - to be used from a distance and to take skill to get a hit.

GAMEOVER
October 1, 2005, 5:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Extacidequote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERPros:
-Ability to WM
-Backflip
-HTF
-F2
-Bink
-Flag Pass

Cons:
-Weapon "Balance"

IMHO, ruger is fine, you can make 2 shot kills with the right aim, which I usually make 8/10. Steyr and Deagles need some improvement though...

Yeah the power is rite what im really sayin is if its nerfed anymore its ruined and it takes 2 head shots to kill. The majority of people who use the ruger dont make headshots so its 3 to even 4 shots at times to kill. Reload could be a little faster same goes for deagles if they get more power ruger should to but regardless of power both weapons need faster reloads.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 5:23 am
Yea I am a ruger[CENSORED] and I see MUCH MUCH less 2shotkills. Maybe we should get 1 more shot?
I miss the old reload, but I can live with this new version.

Elephant_Hunter
October 1, 2005, 7:16 am
Like (love with a passion?)

Pros
-- Supurb Weapons Balance
-- Less Lag
-- Backflip
-- Hold the Flag
-- Votekick Reasons
-- Mod Capabilities
-- Everybody was a noob again (nice feeling :D)

Cons
-- Maps look slapped together
-- Polybugs

Messiah
October 1, 2005, 7:31 am

Pros: Everything but...(Refer To Cons)

Cons: Shots dont register, deagles could be a tad faster then what it already is, i believe there are still invisble nades, but they appear less often, or it may be the lag, and the team point thing is kinda lame, dont know what difference its made but i think it shoulda been kept the same.

UGK
October 1, 2005, 7:54 am
LOVE!!111!
Pros:
BackFLip
FLag throw
Names the teammates and when they are dead
weapon balance

Cons:

WM
HTF
bravo: 25 alpha: 20
not recording hits
Invisible LAW

Outcast
October 1, 2005, 9:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Marbirequote:Originally posted by n00bface

Well how bout an apology from the ignorant moderator? pfft

Heh, a bit touchy these days aren't we :>

Melba
October 1, 2005, 2:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldive read all of you guys posts and i have to say meh:
pros:
-wm i guess
-PRIMARY wep. balance
-*draws a blank*

cons
-htf is pretty stupid
-even more glitches!!!!!

I hate you.

EDIT:*

Pros:
WM
HTF
F2 (usefull in matches with few players)
Backflip
Flag throw (allthough i keep forgetting it's there)
self bink
*Bravo get less points when they outnumber Alpha

Cons:
MP5 is slightly overpowered
CTF-alpha/bravo different cap points. (but MM said the 1.3 fix would sort that out)

mar77a
October 1, 2005, 3:27 pm
Like.

Pros (some)
backflip
HTF
s-bink
Flag throwing

Cons
Hits not registering
Law
Realistic is still unbalanced

a-4-year-old
October 1, 2005, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Melbaquote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldive read all of you guys posts and i have to say meh:
pros:
-wm i guess
-PRIMARY wep. balance
-*draws a blank*

cons
-htf is pretty stupid
-even more glitches!!!!!

wtf is your problem "i hate you" has no meaning you didn't post an opinion about my opinion just being a total tard. its not my problem your on low-grade beaver tranquilizers.

SPARTAN_III
October 1, 2005, 6:09 pm
i have to say meh.

pros:

weapons are editable with the .ini, but this has its highs and lows.
autos got selfbink, but it was way too much.
backflip
HTF
throw falg
keep flamer after godmode

cons:

upsurge in the amount of barretard n00b [CENSORED]s
L.A.G.
retarded weapon mods
changing default name from soldier to major. was unnecessary and major does not translate to "soldat"
default guns still look crap
lack of HTF servers

Spectral
October 1, 2005, 7:09 pm
Meh:
pros:
self bink, maybe alittle too much
htf
flag throw
weapon mod

cons:
backflip often prevents me from m79 boosting
[CENSORED]ing non-regs
LAW sux

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 7:11 pm
Pros:
More learning curve
Cons:
Annoying glitches

Bablo
October 1, 2005, 7:23 pm
Like!

pros:
weapon balance
flag throw
htf
backflip

cons:
law
spas damage
maybe too much selfbink with Ak
too low bink for barret

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 7:31 pm
Pros:
general weapon balance
self bink
backflip
flag throwing
less newbies in the publics

Cons:
overused IK weapons
more whiners in the publics

Despite ^ I like 1.3 much more than 1.2.1 -)

Big Black and G4Y
October 1, 2005, 11:06 pm
Hate

pro's
back flip

con's
bink is lame. you all think MP5 is over the top cuz it's the only auto that can hold up in play anymore(least bink). so you die from it more. hence you downplay it. self bink is the worst thing to ever hit soldat.
weapon mod servers---- talk about lame... a good idea in thought has no merit once put into action. wm servers ruin the balance. also.. our small server base is ruined cuz half of the worthy servers are setup WM. WM server play is slapstick at best.

this post only proves 1.3 is ruining soldat. why even put it to a vote if it was even remotly fair? anyone here who has tried to say they like it only stands to gain from it. they are some M79er or Deagle player who has a free hand at the auto players. they see a new era of milking and are here to see that it stays that way. talk about Ghey

Chakra`
October 2, 2005, 12:40 am
Well thats one sociological theory out the way bricky me lad... no matter how long you leave these punters to establish a completely unified opinion, there'll always be some countering varieties.

Still, glad to see that some of you guys have grown to love the backflip. At first it was all like "omg backflip, lame". It's damn useful though ain't it?

Big Black and G4Y
October 2, 2005, 6:05 am
yo chakra

downplaying what I said with the weight of ur name and some lazy comment is effective. you had a hand in the new lameness and want to preserve it... understandable... anyone can become a cock-blocker when they are involved. my post was not for some play tester to downplay.. it was a pro/con statement... you smoothing it over just shows me what needs to be said... 1.3 is the result of to many cooks in the kitchen. it is the result of bias players nerfing weapons. YOU of all suprise me. you have always been a champion for justice... funny now you mob up.

Marbire
October 2, 2005, 6:08 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideYou're both wrong. It doesnt matter whether the teams are 11-1 or 6-6, Bravo team will ALWAYS get 25 points for a cap NO MATTER WHAT, Alpha will always only get 20 NO MATTER WHAT. NOTHING, i say, NOTHING affects the points you get for caps in ctf.

That's exactly what I said idiot. n00bface was the one saying otherwise.

And if it's a bug then why hasn't it been fixed already....

Nukem
October 2, 2005, 9:26 pm
like it

Kazuki
October 2, 2005, 10:17 pm
The Game

----

Pros:
Many new features, including control over demo playback
Much greater customization, in both graphical and weapon modification

Cons:
Some critical problems were not fixed, such as invisible bullets and non-killing grenades

The Community

The following is referring to the NA community.

HATE (KOMPRESSOR KRUSH)
----

Pros:
New players are arrising, some of which make the game more enjoyable

Cons:
Many players who claim they are "good" are usually players that get kills in the most annoying and unsportsmanlike ways
Most players in the NA community are starting to use Barret as their main weapon. I don't have anything against the Barret itself, but it is truly starting to be overused.
Nade spam. Sure, it always works for my opponents, but when they start getting naded they usually WITHSTAND about 5 of them. I get killed with the first one, but they get bounced around for a few seconds and most of the time, get away.
Even private servers aren't places for decent matches anymore. Basically, in my view, the whole community is slowly flowing down the tube.

The game just keeps getting better, but the playing just keeps getting worse. </whine>

Deleted User
October 2, 2005, 11:27 pm
quote:The Community

The following is referring to the NA community.

HATE (KOMPRESSOR KRUSH)
----

Pros:
New players are arrising, some of which make the game more enjoyable

Cons:
Many players who claim they are "good" are usually players that get kills in the most annoying and unsportsmanlike ways
Most players in the NA community are starting to use Barret as their main weapon. I don't have anything against the Barret itself, but it is truly starting to be overused.
Nade spam. Sure, it always works for my opponents, but when they start getting naded they usually WITHSTAND about 5 of them. I get killed with the first one, but they get bounced around for a few seconds and most of the time, get away.
Even private servers aren't places for decent matches anymore. Basically, in my view, the whole community is slowly flowing down the tube.

The game just keeps getting better, but the playing just keeps getting worse. </whine>

That is 100% correct, its not even opinion anymore.

Chakra`
October 2, 2005, 11:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Big Black and G4Yyo chakra

downplaying what I said with the weight of ur name and some lazy comment is effective. you had a hand in the new lameness and want to preserve it... understandable... anyone can become a cock-blocker when they are involved. my post was not for some play tester to downplay.. it was a pro/con statement... you smoothing it over just shows me what needs to be said... 1.3 is the result of to many cooks in the kitchen. it is the result of bias players nerfing weapons. YOU of all suprise me. you have always been a champion for justice... funny now you mob up.

Oh yee of little faith... ¬_¬

lastpatriot
October 3, 2005, 1:22 am

F3nyx
October 3, 2005, 1:47 am
I like it. Still got some bugs, of course, but it's the best version yet.

xtishereb
October 3, 2005, 1:55 am

Pros:
-mod Command <3<3<3<3<3
Self-Bink
Backflip
HTF!
/piss
Weapon Mods
Self-Bink
The influx of newbs, so I'm better comparatively.

Cons:
Weapon balance (nerf: Barrett, dammit already! MP5: I'm winning too much with it. unnerf: SOCOM, LAW, Ruger)
-mod command lacking in interface & anims stuff.
Barrett still misspelled. Yes, there is supposed to be 2 ts.
Those bugs people complain about.
The influx of n00bs. I swear, the next time I'm spawn-camped, I'm gonna get the crap outa there and put the people who camped on my server's ban list.

I haven't seen any "invisible bullet" problems, nade problems, stuff like that. Then again, I mainly play bots. I think that AUG & MP5 bink should be switched. I mean, the AUG is a rifle, and the MP5 is a sub-machine gun. Sub-machine guns should be harder to shoot than rifles, but right now they're easier.
I hope all this crap is sorted out in 1.3.1 or 1.4. I'm getting tired of fixing the Barrett spelling.

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 2:02 am

Pro:
Shots register more
Ruger Loading time longer

Con:
HK overpower
Ster Aug underpower
Ruger still noobed
Barret more noob than ever
LAW Delay
NO MORE MID AIR LAW SHOOTING!! WTFKAJOEIJFOWIAJE!
MINIMI overpowered compared to AK
MINIGUN still too surfable

Snowden
October 4, 2005, 3:27 am
Pros:
-Nuubia made official
-M79 is awesome
-Flamegod finally fixed
-LAW finally nerfed
-Minigun isn't as annoying

Cons:
-Nades aren't the same any more, it seems like they have been nerfed in some way
-Game seems shakier, less fluid, I don't know how else to explain it
-Cheating has not been addressed properly, votekicking is useless if the cheaters can make themselves immune to it
-My beloved Deagles nerfed
-Barrets and knives are more annoying than ever (this coming from someone who defended Barret previously)
-Chainsaw is laggy, kills you without even touching your body
-Self-bink has hardly improved the game, but has made it less precise and less fun
-Keyboard lockup bug still exists
-Backflip is annoying, like Spectral said it has screwed up M79 boosting
-Weapon modded servers were interesting for 60 seconds...like Big Black and [CENSORED] said, all it does is make half the servers undesirable because they're set to crappy WM settings

Verdict: meh. The fun level in Soldat has gone down a notch with this version. It is fun pwning noobs with M79, but overall I remember 1.2 being more enjoyable than this, despite it's flaws. I hated 1.2 at first then learned to love it, but after playing a few months I can't say the same for this version. It's ok, but has probably added the least compared to any previous version.

N1nj@
October 4, 2005, 3:31 am
what is this 'Keyboard lockup bug' you speak of, Snowden?

btw, HI

vash763
October 4, 2005, 6:31 am

CHAINSAW OWNS, AND NOW PEOPLE START TO REALIZE IT. that guy with the "barret sucks" in his sig, ya he didnt like saw before; i leave to move for a few days and bam there it is in his sig that weapon stealer

i dontl like him anyways, or anyone else that hates one particular weapon

MOFO NOFO
October 4, 2005, 12:27 pm

Pros: Soldat.

Cons: The assheads in Soldat.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 3:28 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@what is this 'Keyboard lockup bug' you speak of, Snowden?
It's a bug that's been around since 1.2. It seemingly randomly locks up your keyboard so that you cannot perform any keyboard commands other than the basic gameplay-critical ones that move your soldat, etc. This means you can't chat, and more importantly, you can't use ESC to get to the menu, making ctrl-alt-del your only option for leaving the game. It doesn't happen very often, but it is very, very annoying when it does. No one knows why it happens, either, and when I last checked MM didn't even acknowledge its existence, since he was unable to recreate it.

im Spicy
October 5, 2005, 3:54 am
hate

pros: dodge
Flag pass
Mates names on screen
physics

cons: Autos are harder to use cause of bink
How the barret and m79 were basically not chnaged from th last version.
WM

*note: The autos were great in 1.2.1 becasue they could compete with the ruger and deagles cause the were fast and powerfull (at least more so than 1.3). Now the mp5 is uber jacked, and the ak and steyr have to be fired by constant clicking to get the desired result. I said what I've been wanting to say for a while tell m
I wanted to say tell me if any of you agree.

Zegovia
October 5, 2005, 1:04 pm
Pros:
Backflips.
Flying ragdolls.
Chainsaw pwnage.
Toss teh flag.
Selfbink, no seriously! i think its nifty!
names at edge on screen.
no mini boosters (well at least as effective as in 1.2!).
alt+"key" auto taunts, even if Alt+"T" or "Y" gets anoying when the chat/teamspeak opens up.

Cons:
People whining about that the weapon balance suck!

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 12:46 am
Hello all you sexy man soldiers!

My short answer is a big fat MEH.

Here's why:

My general reasonings are:

1) It just hasn't been as fun. I know this vague, and subjective but it is the most important of all of the reasons. If a game isn't fun, something is wrong.

2) WEAPON MODS. This seems like a GREAT idea on paper, but in reality this is the worst thing that has happened to soldat since I have played the game. The reason is fairly simple if you think about it. Soldat has only X amount of servers going at any given time. Let's just say (it doesnt matter the exact number) that there are usually 200 servers going at any given time. Well, 50 of them are going to be passworded. 50 of them are going to be a crappy ping. 50 of them are going to be a game type you do not want to play....and NOW in v.1.3 a bunch of them are going to be weapon mod servers. WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE. Comon sexy man beasts, we only have so many resources...do we want to waste them on some stupid ass n00bservers[tm] ? In my opinion this is the first thing that should be changed. Weapon mod needs to GO, it was already hard enough finding a good server...now every other server uses mods.

3) Weapon balance: I thought 1.21 was almost perfect! The only things that bugged me in 1.21 were the LAW, the Flame God Mode (it sucked), and of course the MiniGun. Thankfully, 1.3 fixed all three of these things..which is why i give it a MEH instead of hate. The thing that sucks is now even MORE people are using the one shot weapons, as I believe the balance of the weapons in the game is worse than before.

4)Binking: I hate binking. It is lame, we already had a realistic mode and did not need binking in the game. All it does is contribute to a flawed weapon balance, and shift more people to the one shot / no bink weapons. Get rid of binking.

5) hax: It has to be mentioned that hacks are ruining the game. I know this isn't michal's fault, but I wish something could be done. Perhaps a collective IP pool, like an IP blocker that the lobby server could maintain...Known IP's of hackers could be placed in this list and each server could update the BANNED.txt list from this central list. I know this idea probably wouldn't work as people could hack / get around it...but maybe someone smarter than me can come up with something.

Anyway,

I love this game. I love soldat. What I say I say from my heart, and with all of the sweat, blood, and man stink that comes from hours of doing battle with all of you hot studs. Anyone who knows me knows this to be true. I am only saying how I truly feel, and saying what I think would benefit the game and our community.

I offer my man sweat, love, and rock hard abs and if anyone wishes to talk smack about my love for the game, may he meat me in the field of battle.

IMHO soldat is at a critical juncture. We can take the "fan boy" attitude and defend the game blindly, or we can take a hard look at the game from our hearts and do what is best for the game. Some ideas do not work. Once in a while you have to admit when something was a bad idea, and fix it.

Gentlemen, there is an emergency. Our beloved game is burning...we need to put out the fire...
[IMAGE]

Keron Cyst
October 12, 2005, 6:51 pm
@#2: You apparently haven't tried going to U13 East 24/7 ded. CTF :-D

@#4 and people using OHK weaps. more: why is it so buggery to you? Bink always existed for the sniper so I'll ignore that. As for the added self-bink just burst-fire or tap-shoot; through either of those not only do you completely avoid bink but you conserve ammo anyways. I don't find many more people using OHK weaps. in 1.3. I've always used the shotgun myself, even in 1.2.1.

Hanayo
October 12, 2005, 10:25 pm
Pros:
- Backflip
- flag throw
- general weapon
- selfbink for autos (I play Steyr myself and its acceptable)
- delay for LAW
- fixed chainsaw
- improved modability

Cons:
- knife is too easy/overused now compared to all the other secondaries
- barret and m79 are too overused now, especially in publics, not so much in cws
- HK and Minimi are a lil bit too strong
- stupid weapon mods made by retarded people ..

All in all i like 1.3 :)
Points and Caps should be seperated btw.

Deleted User
October 12, 2005, 11:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst@#2: You apparently haven't tried going to U13 East 24/7 ded. CTF :-D

@#4 and people using OHK weaps. more: why is it so buggery to you? Bink always existed for the sniper so I'll ignore that. As for the added self-bink just burst-fire or tap-shoot; through either of those not only do you completely avoid bink but you conserve ammo anyways. I don't find many more people using OHK weaps. in 1.3. I've always used the shotgun myself, even in 1.2.1.

Are you blind? O_o

Meh, I Recentally left a server where 13 out of the 14 players had an M79. That's not overexaggration, thats the truth. (Oh and guess who's the odd man out with the spas...)

Swarmer
October 13, 2005, 12:09 am
Pros:
-SAW!
-Lots of stuff that doesnt need repeating

Cons:
-The glitch where your kill/death doesnt register as via a weapon. It just shows the names and no weapon icon.
-Hits register less. Saws should be one hit kill no matter where they hit. It just makes the effort of using a saw worth it.
-Laws have a variable startup time. it SAYS .3 seconds or something, but sometimes its longer. it should probably just be removed completely. just keep the bullet-load timer the same (or even longer, if it still needs to be nerfed), to prevent instant law shots on respawn.

Deleted User
October 17, 2005, 12:20 am

Pros:
Throwing the flag
Dodge Move
Different gosteks for Alpha and Bravo (I know it's a little change, but I like it)

Cons:
Some of the weapons seem a little unbalanced (but I'm not complaining)

NavySeal
October 17, 2005, 6:18 pm
Pros
- Throwing flag, good for giving it away when you have low hp and no medkits at base.
- Dogde move to, its fun to use and if you make it correctly you can speed the map quite fast
- Eagles nerfed and ruger nerfed, they are still good but not as good as before. Thank god for that
- WM
- Names show on screen and where they are.

Cons
- Knife, see it everywhere and its overused.
- Barret is overused to.
- seems like there is more lag problem now, people are on the wrong places and when they get hit the move somewhere else.
- steyr aug feels really weak now.

ráz0r
October 17, 2005, 6:25 pm

pros
feels fun still

cons
h4x
bugs

ráz0r
October 17, 2005, 6:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by SnowdenPros:
-Nuubia made official

Cons:
-Backflip is annoying, like Spectral said it has screwed up M79 boosting

I agree nuubia is pro.

I was also very annoyed when I began playing the new version because of the backflip messing with the m79 jump. But I m79 jump every time I spawn so I kind of mastered not [CENSORED]ing it up and not damaging myself.

Worst thing in any version IMO is I have to learn my weapon all over again. I think the smallest of changes make huge difference to peoples aim, you never take the fun out of soldat. But tweaking little things like trajectory annoys me. When you're time could be better spent fixing crouch bugs, hackers & nade problems. ( mainly where nade goes through people, wtf. And also only kills on feet. )

Snipedmyself
October 19, 2005, 6:08 am
pros:
htf
s+w
backflip looks leetsoar
pimp the weapons how you want

cons:
Hard to find an unadulterated server. oh look! a minimi that shoots 100 grenades, how quaint.

lost alot of noobs. people got lost in the world of updates.

some_random_loser
October 19, 2005, 9:15 am
Pros:
Weapon Mods < (I don't play soldat standard, the new weapon balance is lame. This fixes my prob)
Backflip
HTF
Flag throw
Selfbink (Finally)

Cons:
Lame (WM) servers giving the rest of us weapon modders a bad name. (A minimi that shoots LAW rounds? Puh-leeze)
Buggier
Laggier
Worst weapon balance ever
Kills and caps still not seperated
--

Summary
I like the new version. Sure, the weapon balance is really, really awful, but because of the new mod features I can make mine as balanced as I want it.
We have very few (WM) servers in Australia, so when mine appears it fills up very fast :)

troskal
October 21, 2005, 9:07 am
Well,

new weapons config is really bad. I miss that good old Ak-74! I just can't own anymore. This is whack!

And, hehe, I was bretty impressed when ctf_Nuubia became offical. Really, WTF!?

Selknam
October 21, 2005, 8:52 pm
i hava a bad english (i speak spanish) but well:

pro-
back flip
Flag throw
the change made to the law

Contra-
snipa still is a lammer gun... and unbalance the game
Chainsaw, still is not really competitive.
knife have a too large throw.
GOD I HATE ALL THE REMAINIGS BUGS:
grenades that pass throw enemy.
killing trhow the walls =/
Law and m79 that hit and dont kill
and a long etc.

A think would be nice if some1 make a demo player wich can go foward and backward in to your demos.

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 9:15 pm
Pro -

Dodge
Release flag
Chainsaw is more effective
Names on corners of screen/FFC location

Cons -
Direct m79 shots to the face dont do nothing.
Grenades dont get off when wanted.
Stupid barretard noobs shooting through walls.
Stupid sitting bug.
Sniper guns need way less accuracy if your standing.

person
October 22, 2005, 8:21 pm
Pros:
Flag throwing (though could be far better implemented... eg: Press G or something)
Weapon Modding (though I don't use it at all, it's good for other people I'm sure)
Chainsaw

Cons:
Over 99% of EVERYTHING else that was changed... of course, too detailed list all of that, but here are just 3 of the major points -

*I dunno if it's been mentioned, but the guy who edited his post on the first page was wrong - with EVEN teams, the caps in CTF are UN-even; 20 for red, 25 for blue.
**Self bink should have been an optional measure that people could use for their weapon mods.
***Glitches seemed to become more apparent and more persistent.

Things that just didn't matter/weren't needed/made things worse in some ways, better in others:
Backflip

a-4-year-old
October 23, 2005, 12:56 am
most-everything that was added really didn't add anthing, not to many (any?) bug fixes where made, and i don't even know why i still play!...
oh yeah, i have no life:/
im gonna go play soldat now

warpo
October 23, 2005, 2:05 am
I havn't been around soldat when way back when but that don't mean I don't know [CENSORED]

Pros
flag throwing weeeeeee
Mods 1337
Filters(since like .1 but i like)
real mode physics
Map downloading
Commands(/kill ted, /piss, /brutalkill)

Cons(alot so i post some)
Unregisted shots...SO FRICKIN PISSED
[CENSORED]ot hackers like mr.roboto,soldier,and that jacked up asscrack who god realeased from that momma's womb....revolution(the hacker one)

laggggggg(gonna take 5 years to fix)
auto smoke
not all maps are downloaded :(
more more more......

nfsjunkie91
October 23, 2005, 2:16 am
teh lovezorz

UnStOpAbLe
October 23, 2005, 2:56 am
meh

Pros:
Flag throw
dodge
chainsaw is better

Cons:
Polyshooting
crouch bug
cursor bug
1 hit kill waepons doing like 4-6 health

so i kinda didnt like it and i kinda did!

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
October 25, 2005, 1:08 am
Hate

pros:

flag throwing - more skilled players can pass the flag on

cons:

less horizontal recoil for minigun - unrealistic and unnecessary.

automatic weapon binking - autos arent autos anymore. now you have to tap the trigger to get accurate fire. also, this should stay in realistic mode.

flamer disappears - it should stay around like a regular weapon. also, it is extremely annoying if someone punches you and you lose it

player names at corners - reduces skill level required. teams no longer need to communicate

backflip - hard to run away while attacking pursuers without performing acrobatics. unnecessary.

saw - it still isnt strong enough. knife has a one hit kill and only one blade, this high rpm chain of blades should have a one hit kill too

law startup - unnecessary and unbalanced

Echo_Trail
October 25, 2005, 8:34 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick1.3 has been around long enough, and it is time to find out whether you guys really like it or hated it.

Just say: Like, Hate, or Meh.

you can post an explanation of pros and cons, but they must be in separate lists

----

Pros:
-Weapons balance seems to be just about righ
-Even for those who disagree, they can build and market their own WM

Cons:
-5 point change in flag capture points was not needed

I'll add more as they come to mind

headstone
October 25, 2005, 9:58 pm
I think everyone needs to suck it up.

Stop complaning about weapon balance, cause in the new version you can make your own damn weapons. Now stop [CENSORED]ing or quit.

Like, how about instead of being an ass and complaining about every little thing, why don't you just appreciate that some guy made an awesome game that you can play for free.

Go [CENSORED] to microsoft or something where yiou pay $50 to play. But not to MM.

/end short rant
/have a nice day!

Algernon
October 31, 2005, 4:52 am
like: nothing as of yet

dislikes: LAW, unbalanced weapons, lag, bugs, WM, no chernobly, basically everything.

the blink was a novel idea but you can't nerf some weapons and leave others alone, that throws the balance outta wack.

Captain_Jimbo
October 31, 2005, 8:16 pm

Dislikes: Where are all the servers!! *cry* =O

Ivan0
November 1, 2005, 6:53 am
Meh

pros:
new and improved flameGod. Though berserker with m79 should be able to tear the burnaboy a new [CENSORED].
weaponmodding
names on screen (would be nice to have this on/off as serverside option)

cons:
backflip (turn it into a special key or a checkbox option)
grenades - hit to the face does 0 damage, steping on it does 99999999.
blink on autos (its a crime against humanity)
nerfed law (seems like start up time is the best way to screw up a weapon)
polying (how come this doesnt work with an m79??)

mehs:
all the little stuff