( search forums )
Regestry Bans
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Tyrs_Hand
October 1, 2005, 12:34 pm
This is from an admin perspective more than a game play perspective.

As most admins should know there is always at least one pain in the arse that just cant be banned. Either because they have a dynamic IP or banning the subnet would remove more than half the people from your server.

Since you cant get rid of these people the conventional way, I thought it would be a good idea if when your banned in server, that Soldat makes a registry entry that either informs the server when they are joining or keeps them from joining the server all together.

Registry entry would be my preferred means because it takes a bit longer to find in most cases than to just clear a notepad or to reinstall Soldat, especially if it gets a random name and lands randomly in the registry.

Ivan0
October 3, 2005, 1:46 am
better to md5 the machine's ID number and store it on the server, then when you ban someone, you ban that ID crypt. To change that, you either have to do some major hardware reinstallation on your computer, or just catch the appropriate packet :/

Alamo
October 3, 2005, 2:23 am
I would not use Soldat anymore if it put random registry entries into my registry. That just clutters it up even worse then Windows does. No.

SPARTAN_III
October 3, 2005, 1:06 pm
^^ registering soldat legally does that (i think)

i agree though, every time i scan my registry for obsolete entries i come out with 2000 pages worth of [CENSORED]. soldat doesn't need to add to it.

dr.ON
October 3, 2005, 6:36 pm
Ivan0's idea is better, cuz i dont want to get sum thingz in my reg