( search forums )
digitalcandle problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Registration help and Shareware questions
Mountaineer
February 19, 2003, 12:32 pm
I really want to buy this, after all it's less than $20 aussie dollars which for me is less than a decent meal out.
Problem is, my CPS Credit Union VISA is rejected from digitalcandle or whatever the hell they call themselves.
Usually when I want to buy something online I get the persons BSB and dump the cash directly into their account. Is that an option here?

Mountaineer

DNA.styx
February 19, 2003, 1:02 pm
this is what I do:

open a paypal account, make a lodgement into the paypal account to the amount of Soldat using your credit card (if you only get an paper bill from your CC company this may take a while to process as you need to quote a code that appears on your bill)

then use your PayPal account to buy Soldat.

bit long winded but it's what I do and it stops folks taking more money from your PayPal account that you have in it at that time.

Mountaineer
February 19, 2003, 1:14 pm
Doh, I didn't want to have to do that... oh well...

Mountaineer
February 19, 2003, 1:36 pm
Nope PayPal denies me as well.
Seems a credit union Visa is not good enough.
Any aussies with a working credit card that are willing to pay on my behalf? I'll drop the cash into your account first of course...

sanity
February 19, 2003, 1:53 pm
ok, if u gimme say... a grand? :P

DNA.styx
February 19, 2003, 4:13 pm
strange, visa is visa is visa the world over :/
Fire an email off to your CC company to ask them why the card is not acceptable.

Mountaineer
February 20, 2003, 2:27 am
Ok, I thought I would give digitalcandle one more go before heading down to the bank. And the damn thing worked. I don't know why.
To be honest I don't care, but if it was this hard for me to buy the game (and I REALLY wanted to) imagine how many others give up after a single attempt. If I was Michal (sp?) I'd investigate other options...

SBaL
March 5, 2003, 3:35 pm
quote:To be honest I don't care, but if it was this hard for me to buy the game (and I REALLY wanted to) imagine how many others give up after a single attempt. If I was Michal (sp?) I'd investigate other options...

geez I totally agree with Mountaineer...

quote:Usually when I want to buy something online I get the persons BSB and dump the cash directly into their account. Is that an option here?

we (in The Netherlands) usually drop some money in a bank account too. we simply don't use all these creditcard thingies.. we CAN use them but it takes ALOT of extra effort and investments, and its less safe.

so... any Dutch people around here who can give me a hint how to easily pay for this ?