( search forums )
I gotta get this off my chest...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 4:35 pm
Shut the [CENSORED] up about the mp5. Thank you.

Well ok, sorry...there's more than just being mean here
Actually I Really don't believe the mp5 is overpowered. One thing that really bugs me is that people say the mp5 is. and dangit its not! Oh and another thing is raping a camper/sniper and gret yelled at, well guess what...I'm not the one hiding in a bush with a on hit kill weapon like a vagina...I hide with Automatics like a vagina >:) And I don't say this because I'm an mp5 tard , I say this because its the truth. First off people say its too strong because of how fast it can kill them compared to other weapons. I shall show you a simple way on how to avoid getting owned by an mp5.

DO NOT RUN DIRECTLY INTO AN MP5 USERS INTO THE RANGE OF DEATH
That's probably why everyone thinks its so powerful, you idiotically
run into their Range of Death...

What is the "range of death" Why that simply means close range. Like the spas, the mp5 is teh pwn at close range. And I use the mp5, I would know. When I'm shooting at enemies who are at a good distance, my bullets begin to spread out further causing me to miss alot more that normal and the mp5 doenst have that much of a high speed compared to other autos. For a [hopefully] better understanding, please refer to my little diagram below.

[IMAGE]

See, you want to be in the Range of "Pea Pellets" since thats what the bullets are like at that range, like the spas. Makes me wonder, how some people would gain distance on the spas inorder to recieve less pain but runs directly into an mp5 user like a dumbass where you WILL get killed in less than half a second. Because in the Range of "Pea Pellets" I might sometimes chew through two (min) or 3 (max) clips of ammo. So shut up and whine about the railgun (aka barret) with its one-hit-kill-ness. :P

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 4:40 pm
The man speaks the truth.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 4:41 pm
agreed, the mp5 isn't very dangerous, but you gotta rember because of the slef bink the bullets go farther for some reason...

_Mancer_
October 1, 2005, 5:36 pm
Your logic makes sense but with this new MP5 even if you arent close range to them, the damage is like just as powerful if you WERE close to them if they spray you...

Captain Ben
October 1, 2005, 5:52 pm
I get around the self bink just by slowly tilting lower as it progresses.

SPARTAN_III
October 1, 2005, 5:59 pm
/loadwep weapons121 solves all!

mp5 is so not overpowered. the diagram is right.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 8:39 pm
The best way to kill an mp5er is to take him out before he gets a bead on ya. I really see no problem with its strength, its as simple as grabbing some single shot guns and getting 1-2 head shots and *BAM* they wont even get to spray you.

The damage thing is a bit [CENSORED], kinda makes Mp5 more then what it should be, but it really doesnt cause a problem for me really.

All you lame newbies complaining about the mp5 should DIE. :| And I never use it either))

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 8:53 pm
After becoming decent with all the weapons, I don't think any of them is really lame or overpowered. I used to hate barret and m79 a lot but I've come to peace with them after some time.

What annoys me is that due to your pointless whining on the forums, some people actually believe some weapons ARE overpowered and cool and therefore use them as much as possible -> then we have the barret servers, the m79 servers, the auto servers.. -> and more 'balance experts' and whiners -> more weap fashions -> uhh..

Why can't you just f-ing enjoy the game, why do you guys have to behave so pro about everything concerning soldat. Bleh.

F3nyx
October 1, 2005, 9:55 pm
Awesome diagram. And you're pretty much right. I don't think the MP5 is too powerful compared to Deagles, M79, Barret, SPAS, etc... however, I do think that it's marginalizing other automatics to some extent, the AUG in particular. Rather than nerfing the MP5, I think the AUG and maybe the AK-74 might need a slight boost... right now those guns are sort of the "jack of all trades, master of none"... they don't have a high enough rate of fire to excel at close range, and they're accurate but lack killing power at long range.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is a severe problem... just a VERY slight balance issue. I think 1.3 balance is probably the best yet.

blackdevil0742
October 1, 2005, 10:01 pm
The mp5 pwnz! It's the best weapon combined with a knife

Koon
October 1, 2005, 10:26 pm
No weapon is better than another. It depends on the skill of the user.

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 10:44 pm
Mp5 is very good in real life, so it should be good in Soldat.

solohan50
October 2, 2005, 1:22 am
thank you! i'm glad someone can come out and say that mp5 is not overpowered...though of course, i feel that the 1.2 balance was fine also, you just had to outplay your opponent, which is what you're saying now about mp5. i think what it is is people don't want to have to outplay their opponent, they think that they should be able to jump right in their face no matter what weapon they're using and survive. that's what they almost accomplished in this version, weakening all the weapons so that you could go toe to toe with whatever the enemy is using...but i won't turn this into a 1.3 balance complaint. gj mister angry, teach these infidels the truth of the mp5!

PS - for all of those who complain about the mp5 being way too powerful when compared to other autos, think of this. i can take a decent mp5er out with my Steyr, i just have to keep a little distance on him and use the accuracy of it to tear him apart. however, the mp5 is the easiest auto to use (i know, i've used most of them), and the learning curve is a little easier for newer people, but i've seen really good Steyr guys tear through my mp5 like it was nothing, u just gotta know how to outplay your enemy.

Deleted User
October 2, 2005, 2:02 am
Meep, in real life the barret fires shots in like 3 second intervals..
It is a semiautomatic.. Just the recoil you have to reaim.
Real Life != Soldat

Unlucky 13
October 2, 2005, 2:04 am
Relating to the first post, considering that both the MP5 and the SPAS have a really short effective (ok, REALLY effective) range, when they pit up against each other, it comes down to the MP5's bink and the speed of the SPAS user's trigger finger. Usually an MP5 will win (from my own experiences), so it does seem more effective against close range weapons.
Other than that, you can easily kill an MP5'er with a long range weapon (Ruger, DEgales). You thought this thread out too well. I could HARDLY find anything to debate about!

Deleted User
October 2, 2005, 2:52 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13Relating to the first post, considering that both the MP5 and the SPAS have a really short effective (ok, REALLY effective) range, when they pit up against each other, it comes down to the MP5's bink and the speed of the SPAS user's trigger finger. Usually an MP5 will win (from my own experiences), so it does seem more effective against close range weapons.
Other than that, you can easily kill an MP5'er with a long range weapon (Ruger, DEgales). You thought this thread out too well. I could HARDLY find anything to debate about!

Really now. Up close spas vs mp5, usually it ends up with me winning with a spas. 1, 2 head shots and they're down injuring me 50%. I guess it depends on how accurate the spas is.

tRaQs
October 2, 2005, 3:08 am
EXACTLY, IVE BEEN SAYING THIS ALL ALONG!!!! PEOPLE LET YOU GET UP IN THERE FACE!!!!
THANK YOU!

lieroguy
October 2, 2005, 3:26 am
I agree wholeheartedly. Yar.

The MP5 is one of my favorite weapons, not because it stomps booty period, it just runs well as a secondary that I can pick up off corpses. I.E., Barett and MP5 combo.

tRaQs
October 2, 2005, 3:38 am
That's true, not to mention it can work well with any secondary, preferably law to me for its long range, by the time youve fired it, even if you do miss, you can unload a whole clip of hk mp5.