( search forums )
Saveable Medpacks
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
UnRadiant
October 1, 2005, 6:26 pm
I want there to be an option to pick up medpacks and have a hotkey to use them, instead of medpacks automatically reviving you on pickup. This way you could use the medpack when you really needed it. There would be a limit on how many you could carry, and your health would grow untill reaching the max when you activated it, instead of just sending you to the peak of health instantly.

Deleted User
October 2, 2005, 11:00 pm
This would be a nice implementation.
It would add a new aspect to the game.
I hope it would be a server option, though.

Deleted User
October 3, 2005, 12:09 am
Interesting idea, but I'm not sure if I like it. People running and grabbing the flag, and then healing themselves as they run would be frustrating.

F3nyx
October 3, 2005, 12:16 am
I'm fine with this. It worked okay in Tribes. However, you should only be able to carry one, and it should only heal you about halfway... a livesaving measure rather than a portable health crate.

Koon
October 3, 2005, 2:09 am
It would add a whole new strategy to the game.

Keron Cyst
October 3, 2005, 2:15 am
quote:Originally posted by F3nyx... you should only be able to carry one, and it should only heal you about halfway...

... and it should take up your secondary weapon slot. If you want to be able to heal away from your base it'd better be costly.

SPARTAN_III
October 3, 2005, 3:38 am
you can already do that with weapons.ini...rambo_6 made a morphine syringe that healed health.

Deleted User
October 3, 2005, 9:51 am
yeah just change a secondry with the weapon editor, you can even make it so you can only use it once.

Keron Cyst
October 3, 2005, 6:21 pm
Set knife to negative damage so it heals whoever you throw it to xP

Deleted User
October 3, 2005, 8:15 pm
I think that is a good idea, it would also annoy the enemey, "YES almost dead!" *used health* "damn it."

a-4-year-old
October 3, 2005, 10:12 pm
ehh that would help even out the weapons to "QUICK while he's reloading his mp5 heal and shoot him!"

edit: omg lol radiant your sig is teh coolest eva!

xtishereb
October 4, 2005, 1:15 am
It'd be interesting, taking up your second weapons slot instead of being something like grenades. This is possible with the current weapon modding, so we don't need to hold our breath.
Maybe this would result in powerups being able to be picked up, which would be bad. I mean, you're about to kill this guy when he suddenly goes all predator on you. Lame.

Man, what's up with people hatin' the MP5? Other than the fact that it's so unbalanced I'm good with it? XD

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 3:19 am
i can officialy say that MM would never implement pick up powerups. though he probaly will just cause i said thius :P damn MM

tRaQs
October 6, 2005, 10:12 pm
This would create a insatiable lust for more one hitters.

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 12:47 am
quote:Originally posted by tRaQsThis would create a insatiable lust for more one hitters.

Exactly. Good idea, but bad players will ruin it. =x Using that in wim's is fine, but keep it out of the default soldat setup.

Chameleon
October 7, 2005, 9:37 am
maybe instead of just having it at the touch of a key, you have to push the button (lets say M) and then, there is a small animation of you putting a bandaid on, and you can only walk really slowly during it, or shoot during it. and depending on how hurt you are, the different length it is. it would be kinda like the command /smoke you can walk slowly for a second, then when the anaimation is doen, you can run again, and shooting cancels the animation too (therefore stopping the healing)

Captain Ben
October 7, 2005, 10:10 am
This is where my 'backmedipack' would come in. You drop a gun, you pick it up, provided, you're healthy and fine, stow it on your back, get shot a bit, use it, and then die anyway.

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 1:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by GeneralInteresting idea, but I'm not sure if I like it. People running and grabbing the flag, and then healing themselves as they run would be frustrating.

not if it were the "E" button, since people can run with a flag and switch weapons easily, it would work better.

Mielos
October 7, 2005, 1:29 pm
quote:This would create a insatiable lust for more one hitters.

Yeah , it's worse enough the way it is. Runners enough already too.

numgun
October 7, 2005, 4:32 pm
hah... if u shoot the ''medpack carrier'' with a barret in the head, there will be nothing that could save him! *evil laugh*

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 11:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunhah... if u shoot the ''medpack carrier'' with a barret in the head, there will be nothing that could save him! *evil laugh*

but if that bullet misses, and someone with an automatic comes chasing, then he still has his medpack.

GAMEOVER
October 8, 2005, 4:59 am
Everyone will med [CENSORED], bad idea..

numgun
October 8, 2005, 5:55 pm
but what if ''medcarrier'' forgets to use his medpack? u need a hotkey to use it ya know!