( search forums )
Blind fire
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
System_Decay
October 2, 2005, 11:21 pm
I was thinking Instead of blind firing 2 shots behind a box you hold your finger on fire and your soldier is peeked out and as soon as you release your solider goes back covering.

Deleted User
October 3, 2005, 12:11 am
Does this mean you can fire for as long as you want, and as soon as you're done you duck back behind cover? Or is there a limit on how many shots you can fire?

Rambo_6
October 3, 2005, 12:14 am
I suggested something like this before. The ability to duck, then raise your gun and fire randomly in a general direction.

And why not just crouch instead of presing a button that lets you blindfire?

F3nyx
October 3, 2005, 12:21 am
Rambo, I don't think he's suggesting that you fire in a random direction...

If I understand correctly, he's saying you go up to a box and crouch to hide behind it, but instead of holding your gun above the box right away, the gun goes above the box when you fire, and back down when you stop firing.

Though to be honest I don't understand how this is much of a change.

System_Decay
October 3, 2005, 12:40 am
Well yeah you got the concept and it does change because when an enemy heads towards you, you can only shoot 2 times per lets say peek and the enemy has enough time to wined up a nade and throw it at your box :P i dunno its just taking off the 2 shot limit basically.

Rambo_6
October 3, 2005, 12:55 am
Taht would make soldat more prone to campers galore...

Personally, i think that your aim should change significantly if you're hiding behind a box, blindly firing at enemies. The name even implies it.

F3nyx
October 3, 2005, 1:01 am
Firing from cover isn't very effective in Soldat anyway... the collision polygons around a Soldat are bigger than the Soldat itself, so usually you can just fire bullets over the top and get headshots. It's also very, very easy to toss a grenade on the crate and kill the Soldat instantly (I never understood the logic of why grenades explode on contact with landscape objects).

Campers in Soldat, from what I've seen, rely much more on visual cover, such as trees and shrubs, than they do on physical cover like crates and sandbags.

System_Decay
October 3, 2005, 1:08 am
I guess you're right about the visual I think ppl might use more boxes if it shot better behind it ohwell