( search forums )
Rambomatch discussion...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Zegovia
October 3, 2005, 8:14 pm
Just a moment ago, i had my first decent rambomatch in ages. we where only two people in the beginning, but later on more and more ppl joined so we whas about 8, there whas such delightful peril and carnage when we strugeld to get the flag.

However, every single player used either barret or m79(even i had to to get a chance!) with law or knife as secondary. it really bugged me of, since the rambo bow is just about the most fearsome weapon in soldat, with one shot kill and explosive arrows and all that, people that decides to use autos or any of the other non-instant-kill weapons, they almost dont stand a chance against the bow. So that match ended up in a Barret and m79 mess!

So my idea is to add bink to the bow. so it would even SOME things out. and that you have to hold the fire button to put a arrow in place and then release it to fire with it, like with a real bow.

Anyone agree or have a better idea?

xtishereb
October 3, 2005, 9:04 pm
You can already add bink to the bow using the weapons.ini feature, but I know you mean standard. That'd be nice.
I think maybe there should be a charge-up time too. That would be the equivilant of holding down the fire button to pull the string back.

Also, if this doesn't happen, maybe you could ban Barrett & M79 next time you play Rambomatch... =D

a-4-year-old
October 3, 2005, 10:38 pm
if you banned them the game would just be a slaughter
hmmm good idea about the holding down cuz now its just pulled back until you shoot, so you don't load and then wait for 10 min. with the arrow pulled back
also have the arrows not always go the same lenght so you cant snipe easy...

System_Decay
October 4, 2005, 12:22 am
AK74 is a rambo killer :)

F3nyx
October 4, 2005, 7:12 am
I really like the idea of being able to hold an arrow on the string... press button to string an arrow, release button to release the arrow.

Zegovia
October 4, 2005, 10:37 am
Yeah thats what i meant, but i dont know about the charge up time, it does sound nifty though... :/

i got a further idea, how about that when the rambo has the bow, he counts as being in realistic so people cant see him when he is behind a poly or behind them? :D

T-Money
October 4, 2005, 3:33 pm
Just add a start-up time.

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 8:05 pm
Yeah. I think bink would be good, but dont make it weaker than that. Its supposed to be a super weapon remember xD