( search forums )
ctf_2Forts_mini (update: Waypointed)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
tntnik
October 4, 2005, 12:53 am
Well since i didnt get much feedback after releasing my mappack, i guess ill release maps one by one.
About the map - this is a smaller version of my ctf_2Forts (which is yet to be released). The msetting is at night with lots of shadows and lights. The water in underground has many small colliders wich makes it more realistic :). also the shadows i made are supposed to be this untransparent, however if u find it difficult to navigate because of these shadows - please tell me so.

overview + screenies:
[IMAGE]
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

map: (waypointed)
[URL]
Scenery pack:(all sceneries for my "2Forts maps")
[URL]

thank you for ur time - any comments are welcome!

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 7:11 am
Great!..but i just wait for the bigger map... since i got the beta of it i can say its the best castle map ever made! :D

GAMEOVER
October 4, 2005, 10:23 am
Thats bad ass id make the lights a little lighter though and the backround to. Its too dark and the lights are too bright. Nice job overall.

tntnik
October 4, 2005, 10:51 pm
sweet,
GameOver- i understand what u mean, but the lights are ment to "burn" your eyes and the background is suppose to be that dark so it really gives the effect of night. But what id like to hear from u guys is if the "shadows" are transparent enough for u? I mean they are ment so u can overlook someone coming thruogh them, but is it easy enough to navigate through them and not get lost? :)
thx for the comments - espacially sit-anger's :)

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 11:34 pm
Looks nice, you can get your map waypointed at http://waypoints.enesce.com

Raptor
October 5, 2005, 4:17 am
I saw your mappack and I can say that you use a lot of polygons to make your maps. Great!

tntnik
October 5, 2005, 8:55 pm
ummm..... it says that its "Rejected" however i saw it being in "Process"... oh well i guess mar77a doesnt like me anymore :((((
well now im looking for some1 to waypoint this map, anyone up for it? and i dont want to release another map till im finnished with this one, so id be greatful if somebody'd waypoint it.

Raptor
October 7, 2005, 12:13 am
I won't waypoint your maps anymore since inf_Snowbunker, when you accepted mar77a's waypoints but not my waypoints, the ones that took me hours to test...

mar77a
October 7, 2005, 12:29 am
Raptor, you can do the job. Nik, im sorry, but i dont have the tme to waypoint big maps, tho i started yours, i regreted since it is a hard one.

tntnik
October 7, 2005, 2:35 am
thats ok mar77a i know what u mean
and Raptor, im sorry that it happened that way, its all my fault, since i didnt see that u sent me the map in the PM so i thought u werent actually doing it, so i asked mar77a to do it :\ and i understand that u dont want to waypoint my maps anymore, and thats cool, i guess ill just try it myself. sorry again.

BTW: i should have the final - waypointed version, tomorow (ran into the waypoint max count again today :( )

tntnik
October 7, 2005, 10:43 pm
alright i have waypointed the map, id say it turned out pretty good - considering im not an experienced waypointer :)

heres the link:
[URL]

i have also updated the link in the first post as well, and u will need the map pack (first post)

any comments concerns?

EDIT: hm, does anybody htink i should make the stairwell brighter? - the polygons, so its easier to go up and down on them. or do u think its find the way it is right now?