( search forums )
*angry* psp
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
a-4-year-old
October 4, 2005, 12:58 am
ok i have some soldat avis and wmvs i want on my psp and i converted one to mp4 (psp only supports mp4) and when i put it on my psp's mem card and *din!* psp does not know it exists, anyone know any (free) programs to make it work (convertion) not like that sony program thats an overpriced peice of [CENSORED]

any help would be great

lastpatriot
October 4, 2005, 1:21 am
No, but I do know that "over-priced piece of [CENSORED]" is the PSP to a T.

T-Money
October 4, 2005, 2:10 am
PSP is [CENSORED]. Anybody who bought one was conned.

peemonkey
October 4, 2005, 4:07 am
convertion?

karmazon
October 4, 2005, 4:13 am
my friend bought it and the first hour he wanted to return it, but he's a lazy [CENSORED] so now he has something worth like 3 million that he never uses

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 5:40 am
Yeah, I just got a DS because it was cheaper, and I don't need to watch a movie and all that crap on a little screen. I like the DS better anyways.

Captain Ben
October 4, 2005, 7:01 am
I like my DS, but I'm not going to pledge myself to it. When the PSP gets cheaper (if it does), I might get one. Multiplayer GTA LC :O

Since I know nothing of PSPs, the only thing I can recommend is looking at a PSP orientated forum.

GAMEOVER
October 4, 2005, 10:31 am
Sony is garbage imo go sell that that thing.

lastpatriot
October 4, 2005, 1:30 pm
I got a DS recently, it owns. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is my new vice...

0xSilentx0
October 4, 2005, 1:48 pm
Bad choice....You can download homebrews on your psps to make like a Super Smash Bros to work....(Which I did) and maybe ahomebrew browser(if you have 1.5 and dont wanna upgrade because you want homebrews like me).....

Btw 4-yr-old google it I found alot...And if you want some home brews goto:

http://www.pspbrew.com
http://www.pspupdates.com
http://www.psp-hacks.com

a-4-year-old
October 4, 2005, 6:22 pm
omg thank you! i almost shot my psp in rage!

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 8:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meep.Yeah, I just got a DS because it was cheaper, and I don't need to watch a movie and all that crap on a little screen. I like the DS better anyways.

I got it cuz I'm a nintendo fanboy...

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 1:16 am
psp is better then ds....it's just my opinion and have any of you ever played wipeout pure, that game is addicting

peemonkey
October 5, 2005, 2:05 am
it's addictive you turdlet.
both are lame, get guns, much more fun, real world uses too :D

a-4-year-old
October 5, 2005, 2:25 am
ok comon i feel a fanboy battle coming on, only one post actually helped (thanks) but im still looking for freeware/shareware to use for movies on psp

October 5, 2005, 12:45 pm
psp = 1337

live with it, nintendo fappy fanboys.

PSP is a good choice, its got the wifi, which is a plus and u can access msn messenger on it. w00t.

papasurf31
October 5, 2005, 1:33 pm
PSP = portable SNES, PS1, and Gamboy color/advance.

Oh, and it plays it's own games too.

a-4-year-old
October 5, 2005, 3:30 pm
psp is Pretty Small Playstation lol,

T-Money
October 5, 2005, 5:38 pm
LAGHLAGHLAGHLAGHLAGHLAGH....BAHAHAHAHHAHA!!

[/spongebob]

Chonoryoku
October 6, 2005, 12:36 am
<3 PSP.

That's all.

/play MediEvil: Resurrection

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 1:20 am
The thing about the whole PSP emulation thing (as far as I know) is that you pretty much won't be getting any new PSP games if you do emulate, because Sony can just put firmware updates in the games. The emulation is overrated anyway, most SNES games won't work on it, etc. Of course, I might be behind on that route of the information highway.

At any rate, I've always bought Nintendo ever since the NES, and I've never really been disappointed (I currently have a SNES, N64, GC, GBC, and DS). I also don't have a GBA, so I went ahead and got the DS when it came out, and then proceded to grab GBA games for it to tide me over until some decent DS games start coming out; and they are. I'm looking forward to playing Mario Kart using the DS' wi-fi capabilities, once Nintendo gets that stuff up and running in November (I think).
That and the DS and stuff costs less, and I don't care for watching movies on a tiny screen with tiny speakers using tiny discs that cost more than DVDs.

I'm also looking forward to the Revolution... But that's a subject for another time.

lastpatriot
October 6, 2005, 2:08 am
Oookay, fanboy battle coming up(I have a GC and a PS2, which I bought used for $104)

But, I agree with what Yomammasmamma said... Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta run now.

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 12:01 pm
why don't they have an xbox portable? XP XD!1

frogboy
October 6, 2005, 12:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascoowhy don't they have an xbox portable? XP XD!1
Because it'd be too big.

i am ahab
October 6, 2005, 1:15 pm
remember that pic of the xbox 2 where someone had photoshoped the xbox onto that shuttle moving thing at nasa.

heh heh.

b00stA
October 6, 2005, 3:51 pm
[IMAGE]

Kazuki
October 6, 2005, 4:48 pm
Hahahaha! That's about as much as I can say. Enough fanboy talk.

I don't have neither DS nor PSP. In my eyes those portables are a waste of money, because consoles are consoles, and they should not be mistaken for PDA's. "IM GONNA GO ON A TRIP AND IM GONNA PLAY A PORTABLE GAME CONSOLE" Screw that. If you're going to go on a trip, take a break from the consoles. And what the HELL is with this Gameboy Micro? What was the point of that? They're becoming as bad as the apple iPods. "MINE R SIZE OF PIN CUZ I ROCK!"

When the next generation consoles (Playstation 3, XBOX 360, Revolution) arrive, then we'll talk. Portables are small time ripoffs, in my opinion.

TheFunktopus
October 6, 2005, 4:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by dascoowhy don't they have an xbox portable? XP XD!1
Because it'd be too big.

******HUEG

a-4-year-old
October 6, 2005, 9:23 pm
[truth] psp=more function than ds
psp=better

nintendo fanboys are just pissed that playstation has overall better sis. specs. and how inovative is a touch screen, thats about as crappy as those laptop mouse thingys that don't work well for anything. and nintendo totally missed the fun of something called ONLINE PLAY PSP>DS [/truth]

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 11:28 pm
Are you unaware of the fact the DS is going online soon...Which I can't wait for ^_^

Is bashing of the Handhelds necessary, I really didnt say much =/

EDIT: Erm, I don't care about system specs, graphics or sound. I just like pure fun -_-. Hell, all i do is eat, sleep, play videogames all day. Never listen to music or watch movies really. 'Sides have you ever even used the touch screen on it. It's very responsive you know, and its very useful for maybe FPS games, puzzle games, random fun minigames put together (Warioware) and some platformers. PSP's got down the action games and sports titles, and other genres i forgot. I may not like the PSP but it obviously has better graphics and other functions that I personally would never use, the DVD, music things like that. Those are nice but its just how I am. Why pay $250 for a game system which doesnt do anything new but take console games and put it on a handheld. Don't get me wrong though, that is cool. Eventhough I'm mean to the PSP...I can't help that, It's my inner fanboy taking me over =P

Spec. wise the PSP does own there, but the enjoyment you can have are both equal. None's better than the other, It's just how you would like to play your games. Personally new cool ways are my bag baby! (sorry) That's why I'm lookin' foward to the Revolution after seeing the kick ass controler.

Anyway...isnt this like...off topic?

EDIT 2:I must say, YoMammasMamma that's a nice article right there...

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 12:27 am
I was going to type up another one of my wordy posts, but then I figured that I'd just have you read this instead.

lastpatriot
October 7, 2005, 1:16 am
PSP=Dead pixels, no good games, portable GoodWill store, not a game machine, being beaten by DS. http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3142637

[/truth]

I have both a GC and PS2, but I see no reason to get a PSP

Captain Ben
October 7, 2005, 10:22 am
Kazuki, I can see where you're coming from, but personally, travelling in between countries every three months, I do get tired of reading and watching crappy kids movies on planes. As I said earlier, I would like to get a PSP in the future, but I haven't enough money, nor any extra needs right now. While it would be nice to have movies for a PSP when I did get one, I'd probably not spend my hard earned money on one, considering, it's a once off thing. The same with the DS. When I first got it, I was ready to start internetting with it, only to discover that in the next month (or seven back then) that I only had a 20mk range. Still fun if you have friends wioth them close by.

A four year old, I would define you as a Sony Fanboy.

TheFunktopus
October 7, 2005, 12:53 pm
The PSP might have a movie player, bootleg programs, USB ports and all that jazz, but the games aren't good. I, personally, don't care about the fact that the PSP has a bajillion pixel resolution, or a higher colour number, games are about gameplay, not graphics. The DSs games are heckload more fun (WarioWare, Advance Wars, and quite possibly the upcoming Animal Crossing game). Also, the DS has a touch screen, which is responsive, easy to use, and it makes games more fun to play. For example, in Super Mario 64 DS, you can use the touch screen to mimic an analogue stick. Nintendo isn't missing out on online play, either. Wireless online play is due soon.

October 7, 2005, 2:37 pm
We have yet to find a console with a miniprojector/holoscreen that folds up.

And btw, the msn messenger trick is with wipeout pure, so get a copy b4 they decide to fix it.

It's fun, but soon we'll need keyboards n stuff

But i have to agree with kazuki, the gameboy micro is retarded... it'll get crushed or destroyed within minutes and the cartidges would be too small. Not to mention how we're supposed to play on the thing..

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 3:50 pm
i only think advance is the only good game for ds, while i think wipeout is the only good game for psp, but since psp can do more things i like psp better :p