( search forums )
Temp Haxing Solution
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server discussion
n00bface
October 4, 2005, 2:26 am
Ok, I'm sure most of you server owners know about the recent hacker outbreak so I came up with a temporary solution for those of you that don't want to install EnEsCe's NR-Service :p

http://llsc.us/haxsearch.php

Fill in your server info, and it will connect to the server as an admin and ban at any instance of that certain line that the new cheat spams when a player using it joins a server. The page will load for eternity because it's connecting and reading a socket, so it never really 'ends'. You can hit the stop button on the browser and close the page, and the script will still be working on your server. The only way to terminate the script is to say the 'stop password' inside the server (more info on the page.)

As for the information needing to be filled out - no, none of that info is stored in a database, I won't have any way of knowing your admin password.

If you want the source to the script, PM me and I can PM it to you so you can modify it for whatever purpose.

Hopefully this new hack will be patched soon, but until then, this is all I can offer.

Oh and thanks to mar77a for helping me with a few things on IRC.

FliesLikeABrick
October 4, 2005, 2:28 am
i think enesce is also building something like this into the NR service, just so you guys know (in case any of you own servers connected to the NR network)

mar77a
October 4, 2005, 3:07 am
Nice. I hope this helps to stop the [CENSORED]ers.

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 9:53 am
It is now built into NR-Service for 24/7 monitoring.

FliesLikeABrick
October 4, 2005, 12:14 pm
sweet, thanks a bunch

edit: enesce, does it ban the hacker just in the server they were detected in, or does it ban them in all servers connected to NR?

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 12:52 pm
it only bans them in the server they were found in, since I am only able to ban their name (I cant ban their IP's since NR doesnt parse the REFRESH command)

FliesLikeABrick
October 4, 2005, 2:11 pm
doesn't NR grab their IP anyway, from when it checks their auth?

i am ahab
October 4, 2005, 10:36 pm
i wasnt sure that was what it did? doesnt it only log ip's of people who register for it?

i've had a chat with enesce and im going to put together a c app to grap ip's from log files. c++ as its portable. if i can have a list of banned names i can work from that. or i can trawl though ALL the log files available and when a player is banned i can recall their ip if anyones interested.

GAMEOVER
December 2, 2005, 12:06 pm
Sorry if I overlooked it, but what if you have a dynamic IP and it changes will that effect this?

FliesLikeABrick
December 2, 2005, 1:33 pm
er, isnt it kind of obvious? If someone hacks and their IP gets banned, the IP changes and they can get back in.

It has been 4 months, don't bump old topics, especially to ask general questions that could be answered elsewhere.