( search forums )
Finally getting back to the old 'groove'
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Norris Scott
October 4, 2005, 6:00 am
So, for those of you who know me on soldat (Me, You B*tch!, only without the *), you'll know that I've been rusty for awhile now.

Tonight, I think I've finally gotten back to my old self again, :D

Ever had one of those nights where you just feel as though you're playing better then you have since forever? Tonight was that night for me, it was really cool. CTF server, Shineka or whatever's realistic one. We were playing on CTF_Equinox, and you have to get 8 flag caps to win.

I didn't think to nab a screencap fast enough, so you'll have to trust me on this one, but this was where my little 'run' began. My team won 8-5, with myself making 3 flag caps and a crapton of kills.

My score was 143, the closest person to it being another on my team at 43. I had a minimum of 100 points over everyone in the game. With three flag caps adding up to 90 points, I made 53 kills during that game which, I'll add, lasted quite awhile. There was alot of back-and-forth between teams, everyone was getting quite a good ammount of kills.

But then after that, despite my team slowly dwindling on skill (We SUCKED on the next map--Kampf, just got destroyed), I was still getting the top score on my team and doing the best. I was making knife-kills like I haven't since last year, blind-M79 shots left and right...it was intense.

All in all tonight was a good night, I really think I've gotten back into things. And it really felt fun again, not frustrating that I was so rusty. All my moves were sorta 'flowy', I wasn't hesitating like I have been...it was just really laid-back fun and I was whipping ass like I haven't in awhile.

I guess the point of this topic is to see how others are doing if they've been rusty lately, like if they've pulled out of the slump or not. Plus, I just thought I'd share my proud little accomplishment with you guys.

It's good to be back, skill-wise that it :)

FliesLikeABrick
October 4, 2005, 6:06 am
It must feel good to go away and come back... even if it takes you a while to get back into a good swing of things...

I tend to go weeks without playing, then come back for a couple days of hardcore soldatting, but have yet to really find a night like you describe, where you really feel that you're back in the game.

I guess I'm jealous, but awesome job nonetheless :P

Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 7:59 am
ME YOU [CENSORED]!

My arch-nemsis.
Just thought I'd let you know I'm alaive.

Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 8:00 am
Sorry about the swear word.

Norris Scott
October 5, 2005, 11:10 am
:o JENKIIIIIIIIIINS!

Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 12:36 pm
I'll get you.