( search forums )
Hold Your Spawn (HYS)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Norris Scott
October 4, 2005, 6:13 am
Neat little idea someone once suggested in a server. Basically, the mission is for both teams to try and capture the enemy's spawn point. First team to capture each point wins.

The idea is this: You have four spawn points for each team let's say. In each one, there's a flag. For a team to win, each flag has to be in their possession. There'd have to be a minimum team-count of 4v4 for it to work of course, unless we were to enable multiple spawn-captures or something...but then it'd be unfair. I think just one flag per soldat would work. (However, if the server count goes below that, maybe it could be enabled or something pending on the team count)

Once all four flags are taken, the team that has them captured gets a point and everyone is auto-killed, much like at the end of survival mode. Then, everyone respawns with the score being 1-0.

Dunno what the response to this is going to be, but admittedly I thought it was an interesting idea.

EDIT: Hmmm...I meant to post this in Game Improvements/Suggestions, as I figured that would be the more appropriate forum. If I was right, could a moderator kindly move this topic for me, please?

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 11:57 am
HEY I MADE AN IDEA LIKE THIS ALREADYish

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 1:57 pm
you and everyone else. yes it would be nice but would take alot of programming, so im told and it would encourage camping, which is realistic, so im told.

a-4-year-old
October 4, 2005, 5:24 pm
lets just turn soldat into every other game in the world! that would be great!! so much fun making battlefield all over again!

Norris Scott
October 4, 2005, 8:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldlets just turn soldat into every other game in the world! that would be great!! so much fun making battlefield all over again!

Yes, because CTF and INF haven't already been done in other games :P

Stop being such a spaz, of course there's going to be similarities in Soldat between other games but it would work. However, I agree with Taal in that it would probably take way too much programing.

Try to be constructive when you reply, and not actually act like your name ;)

vash763
October 5, 2005, 7:17 am
ya i dont like 4

i like this idea, but idk.

if only htf was enabled for 4 teams :(

Lolly
October 19, 2005, 3:56 am
CAMP!

i am ahab
October 19, 2005, 11:44 am
battlefield?

in its own rite it is a good game. how its gameplay would apply to soldat though i do not know. i'd like to give it a go, but soldat doesn't have a lot of the features that make bf the game that it is.

XAVALOONX
October 19, 2005, 10:21 pm
that would be fun but also ignoying

rafterman
October 20, 2005, 6:19 am
it sounds like a battlefield type SOLDAT. Sounds great but as it is said people can get easy kills off camping. It would completely change soldat into some other different game if you did that.