( search forums )
REALISTIC: NO RECOIL WHEN PRONING
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 12:51 pm
wouldnt it seem more realistic if your went prone in realistic mode and there was no recoil for your weapon, because you would have most of your weight on it right?

Silent Soldier
October 4, 2005, 1:11 pm
No, it has some. But supports for the guns would be the different thing.

Rambo_6
October 4, 2005, 1:34 pm
A good idea, but did it have to be in all caps?

Leo
October 4, 2005, 1:46 pm
Nice idea, if not remove all recoil it could be much less than stand position.

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 2:01 pm
having the heading in all caps is againsty forum rules...back seat moderating is against forum rules, im screwed :P. when you use a gun lying down youll soon find out it has much recoil, and man does it hurt!!

F3nyx
October 4, 2005, 5:02 pm
^^ I don't know about the realism aspect, but I think reducing recoil slightly for players in the crouched position, and significantly for those in the prone position, is a great idea.

a-4-year-old
October 4, 2005, 5:21 pm
amen brotha' finaly someone made a good idea that has something to do with realisim
even if it makes more campers I DON'T CARE !!!!! lov teh idea!

T-Money
October 4, 2005, 5:43 pm
Excellent idea. It should be America's Army-style, where your accuracy increases as you go standing+moving-standing-crouching+moving-crouching-prone+moving-prone. A bipod for guns like the Minimi, Minigun and Barret would be cool too, since those guns have huge kick in realistic.

a-4-year-old
October 4, 2005, 5:51 pm
barret doesn't need a bipod cus if you hit your target you have nothing to worry about

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 6:20 pm
Bipod? When you have it on you probably wouldn't be able to move and then someone can sneak up on you, and rushers can run by and get you before you can get up to retreat. I don't think its good for this game.

T-Money
October 4, 2005, 8:10 pm
Think about it. You have a Minimi and you're the last one left on your team. You find a nice spot near your base, prone in the grass or behind a bush, set up your bipod, and camp. When the invasion comes, you just rattle off shots easy as pie. And actually, it's not like you're nailed to the ground just cos you have a bipod deployed. You can still pick up the gun and run and fire normally. In fact, in real life if a rifleman has a M-249 (Minimi) he will just keep the bipod out all the time and drop when he needs to have a lot of accuracy.

Aquarius
October 4, 2005, 8:15 pm
Good idea for realistic.

System_Decay
October 4, 2005, 8:45 pm
LOL and next you see campers :)

F3nyx
October 4, 2005, 10:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by System_DecayLOL and next you see campers :)
Not very likely. Campers are very easy to find in Realistic Mode, usually because you see them flicker into view when you get line-of-sight... but that's another thread. Stationary targets also tend to die quite quickly... if you're going to camp in realistic mode it takes a lot more skill.

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 10:47 pm
I would not want this to be in realistic, and because that is the mode I really only play, I still don't think its a good idea. If it was added, then it should be optional.

System_Decay
October 5, 2005, 1:43 am
Ya know everything should be optional.

F3nyx
October 5, 2005, 8:36 pm
^^ Bad idea. Making everything optional has been tried in games like Unreal Tournament 2004... the result is that each server is running its own idiosyncratic setup, with little tweaks and variations. It destroys the idea of a "normal" game, with the effect that people either a) only play within a sub-community of the few dozen people who all enjoy their particular favorite combination, or b) skip from variant to variant and are never able to build their skills.

It's bad enough that the Realistic Mode community has somewhat broken away from the Normal Mode community. Imagine if each and every one of the changes in Realistic Mode was optional. Both communities would shatter.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 10:21 pm
Maybe it is bad that much of the realistic community has become somewhat disattached from Normal Mode, but one of the main reasons of this is because it is a different kind of challange. Also, After a while we just got bored of Normal Mode.

F3nyx
October 6, 2005, 12:19 am
Don't get me wrong, I play Realistic Mode too... it was the "everything should be optional" statement that I was responding to.

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 12:44 am
The idea is good, but the reduction shouldnt be too great, it would pretty much promote people to stay in 1 spot, while 1 person on your team actually moves. A slight reduction in recoil would do, perhaps 20% while crouching and 40% while proning, that would work.

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 12:45 am
Oh yeah, on that note, I agree with F3nyx that there would be too many game types and you wouldn't be able to develop any skills.

a-4-year-old
October 6, 2005, 2:23 am
well only things that don't really effect (or affect whatever) the actual gameplay would be optional
BTW: i still support the oposites-of-filters idea where there is a "no weapons mod" check and a "not realistic" check and so on...