( search forums )
Soldat Online Help
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Dupont
October 4, 2005, 2:54 pm
I was just wondering how to play Soldat online?

FliesLikeABrick
October 4, 2005, 2:56 pm
read the manual. it is installed iwth soldat and is in your start menu

xtishereb
October 4, 2005, 3:15 pm
Click on the "Join Game" tab in Soldat. Then, uncheck all the filters (WM only filter is on by default). Then, choose a game to join. But make sure that your character is changed somewhat, or people will swear at you and/or call you a "noob" if your name is "Major" and you have red shirt & green pants.

If you want to host a game, go to the "Options" tab and make sure the "Internet game" box is checked (middle, towards top) and the "Register w/ Lobby Servers" or something box is checked. Then, start a game and wait for people to join. Be sure to have bots on, because people may not join.

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 10:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by xtisherebClick on the "Join Game" tab in Soldat. Then, uncheck all the filters (WM only filter is on by default). Then, choose a game to join. But make sure that your character is changed somewhat, or people will swear at you and/or call you a "noob" if your name is "Major" and you have red shirt & green pants.

If you want to host a game, go to the "Options" tab and make sure the "Internet game" box is checked (middle, towards top) and the "Register w/ Lobby Servers" or something box is checked. Then, start a game and wait for people to join. Be sure to have bots on, because people may not join.

You wont neccisarily be flamed, more likely the server will auto-kick you for that name. Just pick a name and some new colors. I dont recommend bots, because if people actually join, the sight of bots is usually an instant turn off. People will join a server that has a person in it.

Also, your join game strategy wasnt neccisarily accurate. Hes right about checking out the "WM" filter, it would limit you to laggy and lame servers (At least in my opinion). While you're in filter, you might want to check the options, "Dedicated Server", which will filter out any non-dedicated soldat servers which are usually super laggy. Also check out "Not Passworded" so you dont bump into private games.

Hit request servers and then just look around for a server. Btw, RS = Realistic/Survival modes, so avoid the RS servers unless thats what you're looking for. =3

i am ahab
October 4, 2005, 10:49 pm
yes. make sure you go into the filters section and tailor it to a game style you like.

for a beginner i recommend ctf, in a server with players already in and with a low ping.

have fun.

a-4-year-old
October 5, 2005, 12:20 am
really ctf? i would think that teamwork would only get a noob flamed

i would say deathmatch, because of the many different skill levels, and say ns when you are killed by someone so when you have a real complaint people will take you seriously instead of going "camping is fine" or "stfu and play the game!" or "its a game!" or "in real life soldiers camp alot"

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 4:05 am
How can you honestly not know how to play online?

F3nyx
October 5, 2005, 4:10 am
Maybe he's never touched a computer before, who knows. But anybody who managed to create an account on the Soldat Forums should have been able to notice the rather large "JOIN GAME" tab.

And noobs should definitely spend most of their time in DM... they're free kills, nobody minds. But people will flame the hell out of them in CTF.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 12:44 pm
mayb people should read the manual.

i am ahab
October 5, 2005, 12:47 pm
maybe we were all new at some point. and maybe we should stop spamming and leave him.

post back here dupont if you have any more issues or use the search function mate.

Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 12:49 pm
Yes, we need to keep up the number of new Soldat players, hey they may be promising.

Dupont
October 5, 2005, 2:40 pm
Does it cost money or is it free?

i am ahab
October 5, 2005, 3:13 pm
to play? no. of course not.

it costs money to get on the net though ;) but the servers are all free to play in.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 9:58 pm
i never knew how to play online for a year, then one day i fooled aorund and clicked reques servers :)

Jenkins
October 6, 2005, 6:47 am
Yep same here, unless your a natural you normally find stuff from fooling around.

Phoenix_Haze
October 6, 2005, 7:20 am
what about through a home network? how do you become a server?

Who has played this multiplayer without internet before? it is really bugging me :(

Jenkins
October 6, 2005, 9:30 am
I don't know what you mean.

Unlucky 13
October 6, 2005, 9:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Phoenix_Hazewhat about through a home network? how do you become a server?

Who has played this multiplayer without internet before? it is really bugging me :(

I play through my network with my brother a bit. You cannot (for all I know) request another person's server through a network. If you want to play, change the settings in options, setup your connection to LAN (and don't tick Register in Lobby unless you want people from the internet on your server.). The host then chooses game type and hits Start Game.
Then find out the network (Usually 192.168.-.-) IP of the host, and type it into the IP box of a client's Soldat (You may want to add it to favourites). Then, check the port is default (the one next to it [something like 27037]). Then click join game. It should work, it does for me.