( search forums )
Voting: F10
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
October 4, 2005, 8:33 pm
I'd use F10 a lot if it said "Neutral" and removed one factor from the % rate (so if there were 10 people who voted either yes or no but one hit F10 the rate would change to 9 respectively). Just a thought...

F3nyx
October 4, 2005, 10:07 pm
That's a very good idea.

It would be even better if this vote would be cast automatically for people who didn't vote at all.

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 10:31 pm
Good idea.

Nice option if you dont want to vote at all. Helps when you honestly dont give two damns why the person is being vote kicked and you wouldnt care whether he actually got kicked or didnt.

Deleted User
October 4, 2005, 10:53 pm
I support this.

xtishereb
October 4, 2005, 11:16 pm
Right now, F10 is "pause game", but that wouldn't be a problem in multiplayer games where you're not the host.

It's a good idea, but maybe it should be changed to an additonal thing in the voting box, "neutral after X seconds". If you use F10 for this still, then the auto-neutral feature would be good too.

a-4-year-old
October 5, 2005, 12:30 am
how about having f10 no f11 neutral and f12 for yes?? that would make it more lodgical.

F3nyx
October 5, 2005, 1:45 am
quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldhow about having f10 no f11 neutral and f12 for yes?? that would make it more lodgical.
It might be more logical if voting wasn't already in Soldat... but the general idea with new features is to not change things unnecessarily, because then people have to correct a well established habit.

Anyway, aren't the vote keys already re-mappable?

zyxstand
October 5, 2005, 5:00 am
yea, F3nyx is right - the less we have to change habits the better. simply add F10 for neutral.

GAMEOVER
October 5, 2005, 8:51 am
I dont really think itd be that useful.

frogboy
October 5, 2005, 10:11 am
The current vote kick is based on the old system - if someone starts a vote, then it's like being the first person to vote in the old system. A yes vote sends another vote to the server, whereas a no vote just gets rid of the voting box and does nothing else.

If there was another option which meant that there'd be less people to make up the percentage, then everyone who would vote no at the moment would vote neutral, and they'd be voted off for (probably) no reason.

m00`
October 5, 2005, 10:43 am
keep it as it is, michal already has enough on his mind.

Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 12:57 pm
How many people on the server are needed to kick the person? Just over half?

Alamo
October 5, 2005, 2:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`keep it as it is, michal already has enough on his mind.

This is the Suggestions board, so why not post suggestions? It's and will always be up to Michal to look at it and get ideas!

I like this idea.

quote:Origrinallyposted my xtishereb Right now, F10 is "pause game", but that wouldn't be a problem in multiplayer games where you're not the host.

It's a good idea, but maybe it should be changed to an additonal thing in the voting box, "neutral after X seconds". If you use F10 for this still, then the auto-neutral feature would be good too.

In combination with this idea, it would really improve the voting. I like!

Keron Cyst
October 5, 2005, 3:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by JenkinsHow many people on the server are needed to kick the person? Just over half?
% can change from server to server. Some servers have it set over 100 which is retarded IMO...

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 12:26 am
I definitely support this! It's annoying to be playing when out of nowhere some stupid vote box pops up and you have to fumble around to find the F11 key while still looking at the screen and trying not to get killed. An "auto-no/neutral" timer would solve that problem :)

numgun
October 7, 2005, 4:36 pm
how about if i improve this idea:
press f10 to disable the voting console. (that means if u press f10 the voting console will never show up during the play,tho u can turn back on if ya want)

Dark_Noddy
October 7, 2005, 5:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunhow about if i improve this idea:
press f10 to disable the voting console. (that means if u press f10 the voting console will never show up during the play,tho u can turn back on if ya want)

and on all votes U'll vote neutral :D

YAY !