( search forums )
a few questions before i start m y mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Gortaak
October 5, 2005, 1:20 am
Ok, i have never made a mod before, but i was thinking of making one for the hell of it, so i was woundering if it is at all posssible to animate weapons, like have one peice rotate around, or make it so it opens up or something, any kind of moving parts. and if so, how would i go about doing it? any help is appreciated

Silent Soldier
October 5, 2005, 5:37 am
No, that's not possible, but you can change some animations with the .POA editor.

Gortaak
October 5, 2005, 6:33 am
ok thanx, that sucks tho. ok anohter question, how in teh hell do you get rid of that green line around the guns on the menu? im using the right color (#00ff00) and ive gone over the outline several times, but still i get that green line, and its making me arg!

SPARTAN_III
October 5, 2005, 6:43 am
in MSPaint, choose the green furthest to the left on the bottom row. this is the correct "invisible green"

October 5, 2005, 12:39 pm
owned.

gortaak, tip, draw outline first then draw inside then shading.

Never fails for beginner mods.

Keron Cyst
October 5, 2005, 3:52 pm
I do that! I'm a beginner?... ;-(

Gortaak
October 6, 2005, 12:57 am
ya i figured it all out, the problem was the resizing of my image, and it changed the color of the outside lining just a VERY little shade of green, but i got it all figured out so im good now, thanx!
oh, if i want to get some constructive critisizim while making my mod (like if the weapons look good and what not) where would i post it, with screen shtos of course?
edit: sorry for all the questions but im new to all of this, ok i have a new one, how do i make a gun shoot flames like the flamer, like come out of the gun, and stop at a certain point? ive tried slowing down the fire, but all that does is just make it hit the land scape later then when i shoot, im using the Steyr for this.
im making a painkiller mod, and it has an electricity gun, so i figured the best way would be to make a gun shoot like the flame thrower and edit the flame pic to look like lightning.
if i cant make it shoot like the flamer, i have another idea, but the flame one would be better imo. thanx in advance for any help