( search forums )
'portable' voting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
October 5, 2005, 5:05 am
simply put, you press a button to call up a vote-menu that will appear small at some corner of the screen;
first option: kick player, vote map
second option: which player - which map

all voting is done by typing numbers to make the vote. if there are more than 10 options, simplye make '-' and '=' (default minus and plus keyboard keys) to scroll to previous page and next page, respectively.

kinda like in CS.

F3nyx
October 5, 2005, 8:39 pm
Oh please yes. The current system of having to scroll through 16 names to find the name of that one hacker is EXTREMELY cumbersome.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 10:00 pm
you should be able to press f1 and then click on the persons name, then selct vote kick and stuff, but map there should be a menu

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 10:09 pm
Yeah, Zyxstand and Dascoo have good ideas, hate having to find Waldo hacker.

Keron Cyst
October 5, 2005, 11:09 pm
I like dascoo's idea better; what if the name is extremely long and has random characters?

Chameleon
October 5, 2005, 11:50 pm
or maybe you could keep the old one, just have shortcuts to it like /votekick # and /votemap *map*

zyxstand
October 6, 2005, 12:00 am
uh, keron - i did say that the list of ppl will have numbers next to them to just type the numbers*

and the only reason why i don't like dascoo's idea is cuz i wanted the player to be able to just walk around and press the number-key when convenient and not have to hold F1 (meaning not to interfer too much with the game)

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 12:12 am
yah maybe instaed of clicking you could, press the player number they are

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 12:28 am
Just let people do either, for the best of both worlds :P

zyxstand
October 6, 2005, 3:14 am
no YMM - i want that every point on the screen can be clicked to fire - i don't want any accidental clicking when i wanted to fire... - pressing mumber is good enuf

also - numbers should be allowed to be assigned as keys (so that you don't drop your gun when you wanted to type a player's number for example.

case rests

tRaQs
October 6, 2005, 9:56 pm
why not just do it like set team when you are admin?

/votekick

then you hit f1 see t3h[CENSORED]haxx0rs number is 3

/votekick 3

xtishereb
October 7, 2005, 1:32 am
If you're the admin, then you don't have to deal with vote-kicks, just /kick 'em. Easy.

Doesn't the auto-complete feature in 1.3 let you easily choose players by starting to type their name and then pressing Tab? If they have the wacked characters in the beginning, then you can use the #s.

I like the idea for assigning a shortcut to bring up a mini votekick/map change dialog box, and using the - & = keys to cycle through the choices. It should be added in the next major patch.

zyxstand
October 7, 2005, 3:14 am
auto-complete? not that i know of...

Chameleon
October 7, 2005, 9:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Chameleonor maybe you could keep the old one, just have shortcuts to it like /votekick # and /votemap *map*

quote:Originally posted by tRaQswhy not just do it like set team when you are admin?

/votekick

then you hit f1 see t3h[CENSORED]haxx0rs number is 3

/votekick 3

thats what i said

so like /votemap ctf_b2b
and /votekick 2
or /votekick Boogie Man

xtishereb
October 7, 2005, 10:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandauto-complete? not that i know of...

quote:Orginally posted by Michal Marcinkowski in 1.3 release - Added autocomplete button (Tab), when you type the beginning of someones name and hit Tab it will auto complete
from [URL]

That's what I'm talking about. It's close to the top too.

zyxstand
October 7, 2005, 10:11 pm
cool** i totally didn't know that and i actually red all changes and fixes in the version history in the manual....weird that i don't remember that*