( search forums )
A wonderful thing called lag.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 9:02 am
Well, we all hate lag but sometimes it just cracks me up.
Once, on CTF Run i was running and an enemy popped up, so i shot him with the M79 and it said "You killed 'i forget'".
I was extremely happy, but then the dead body of 'I forget' got up and started shooting me. So i shot him again and this time he died properly,thank goodness. I suggest he change his name to Jesus. He can't walk on water but ressurection seems as easy as pie.

Yukwunhang
October 5, 2005, 12:17 pm
Welcome to the Internet.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 12:23 pm
He probably just respawned there

Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 12:35 pm
It was in the middle of a CTF map. I doubt he could of spawned there. But hey, with insane lag anything can happen.

Chonoryoku
October 5, 2005, 9:10 pm
Do you remeber which server this was on?

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 10:53 pm
Thats typical...1.3 is bugged up the butt with lag problems. :( Although, i wont complain if im hit by an m79 or barret and it doesnt register. I begun to reply if they said something like "Damnit that hit.." so id say "Your fault for using it."

Jenkins
October 6, 2005, 6:50 am
Lol, yeah one-shot-kill weapons get shoved down the loo with major lag.

The Geologist
October 6, 2005, 7:02 am
Oh yeah...it's their fault their shot didn't register, because they chose a one hit weapon.. -_-

Love that backwards logic. Also love the occasional lag kill and any floating corpse effects that might follow.

Jenkins
October 6, 2005, 7:41 am
lol, yeah. I LOVE floating corpses.

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 12:31 pm
They look stupid!

bond_james_bond
October 9, 2005, 3:37 pm
No you're stupid!
=P

warpo
October 9, 2005, 4:01 pm
i had to "kill" a guy like 5 times b4 it was attacally counted

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 9:41 pm
Lag is an amazing thing. I once pushed a typing teammate into the death pit on Outpost with a spas, he died, but he respawned in the pit about seven or eight times before he finally spawned where he was supposed to. He spouted several "WTF"s and called me a hacker. Good times.

Jenkins
October 10, 2005, 11:32 am
Yep, lag often brings out a ton of wtf's and even more phrases including the words hacker.

bond_james_bond
October 10, 2005, 1:33 pm
i got "omfg"

There something wrong?