( search forums )
The Great Weaon thrower.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 9:56 am
Has anyone ever shot with there M79 or Barret, missed and reached for there knife.
But, for some reason the Q key doesn't work and you manage to throw your weapon at someone.
Man i hate it.

fcpidolo
October 5, 2005, 11:26 am
that happens when u dont let ur lil soldier finish changing weapon, or u just imagine a knife instead of a m79 :P it would be nice if the weapon throw would hurt, but less than knife of course

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 12:05 pm
i do that ALOT and it pisses me off

T-Money
October 5, 2005, 12:31 pm
I do that pretty much all the time. Actually, I should say that I did that all the time. Changing the switch button to mousewheel scroll fixed it.

Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 12:39 pm
Thats i really good idea, if you keep rolling the mouse reel to much, by accident, does it keep changing?

T-Money
October 5, 2005, 1:38 pm
Not really, cos the switch takes too long.

MisterX
October 5, 2005, 2:17 pm
It's all about training ;) Happens to me sometimes as well, but if you really concentrate on training it, you'll soon manage to time it perfectly I'm sure.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 3:00 pm
it's mostly because your rushing, i've noticed when Im in a heated battle, it happens a lot, but if im playing against some n00bs, then i pretty much only throw the knife at them

Keron Cyst
October 5, 2005, 3:46 pm
I think I involuntarily memorized the animation's time length; I almost never do that :-P

i am ahab
October 5, 2005, 4:03 pm
it can be done in a split second. like keron, somehow my subconcious knows how long it takes to change. but if im rushing i'll still mess it up :l

Alamo
October 5, 2005, 4:55 pm
It's just training... I have become quite good at it over time. I always mess up in BT though.. ^^ The timing is just wrong.

GAMEOVER
October 5, 2005, 5:09 pm
Whats BT?

This happens to me to occasionally but what pisses me off more is when your guns jamed up and gotta throw it.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 5:11 pm
You know what bugs me...When I throw my law/chainsaw/socom when i thought it was a knife.

Hell what bugs me even more is that my keyboard sucks so much when i try to hold down "crouch" a few moments later while still holding the crouch button. my character automatically gets back up due to my keyboard crappiness. Which means it makes it very difficult to fire my law. Just standing threre like an idiot with the law in my hand holding fire, wondering what the hell is wrong.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 6:58 pm
I do this ALL THE FREAKING TIME.
I am doing it less now

ThaD
October 5, 2005, 7:50 pm
that's one of the most annoying things that can happen while playing Soldat

F3nyx
October 5, 2005, 8:23 pm
This happens to me now and then, when I run out of Deagle ammo and am frantically trying to get the knife thrown before somebody autosprays me to death... and it's VERY annoying.

Chonoryoku
October 5, 2005, 9:42 pm
Never happens to me much, since I usually switch to my LAW as soon as I spawn, so it's ready to fire. Even before I used to use the Ak-74+LAW combo and used Desert Eagles+Knife, I rarely had this happen to me.

.alex.oner.
October 5, 2005, 9:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERThis happens to me to occasionally but what pisses me off more is when your guns jamed up and gotta throw it.

easy to get out of you have mouse wheel as change wep and press mouse wheel to throw.. i dont know about other configs, just hold down throw wep and 1ms later hit switch wep button..

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 10:00 pm
I always end up throwing my steyr at them so I usually try not to knife.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 10:43 pm
It doesnt happen to me that often, maybe once every other day ill find that i accidently threw my weapon, then somehow find i dont have any weapons and they're all on the floor. *weird*

Chonoryoku
October 5, 2005, 10:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERThis happens to me to occasionally but what pisses me off more is when your guns jamed up and gotta throw it.

easy to get out of you have mouse wheel as change wep and press mouse wheel to throw.. i dont know about other configs, just hold down throw wep and 1ms later hit switch wep button..

Or you could just roll, crouch, or prone to get it ro reload...

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 12:11 am
today i threw my chainsaw at someone....

Hoodlum
October 6, 2005, 12:49 am
Yep, it happens to the best of us.

Chan_Fan
October 6, 2005, 1:25 am
I Use the socom when im not using an automatic gun. Its pretty deadly the socom, and with the added damage of your primary it should kill your enemies if you actually hit them. The knife i think is more useful when your enemies is reloading, because if you kill him with the knife yousave ammo.

Jenkins
October 6, 2005, 6:41 am
Yeah, knife is my favourite, gives me a tad of range when my barrets getting it next bullet ready.

thenickdude
October 6, 2005, 7:34 am
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERWhats BT?

This happens to me to occasionally but what pisses me off more is when your guns jamed up and gotta throw it.

Just tap the grenade throw button (Don't hold it down long enough to throw a grenade). Works even if you're not holding a grenade.