( search forums )
WOAH HTF IS BETTER ON DEATHMATCH MAPS :0
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 12:56 pm
i made my own server, with kinda overpowered weapons, with auto's that in 2 hits and the barrett can go through 5 people XD, i was playing deathmatch with these people and i got bored and changed it too HTF, and it was awesome. kinda like assasinate the president ish.....

Jenkins
October 5, 2005, 12:59 pm
Yeah, i reckon that there aren't enough HTF servers around. Maybe because its a new type of game.

Silent Soldier
October 5, 2005, 2:46 pm
Yeah, I prefer DM maps with HTF. Shouldn't the HTF use DM maps, I think that would be rather nice.

VodkaZombie
October 5, 2005, 5:14 pm
Although its better to have a wide arrange of maps for every game type.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 5:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Silent SoldierYeah, I prefer DM maps with HTF. Shouldn't the HTF use DM maps, I think that would be rather nice.

Thats how it was through half of beta testing, then some idiots (can't remember who) told Michal to make it use its own maps. Big mistake, affected the playability of HTF in my opinion.

Deleted User
October 5, 2005, 10:06 pm
i'm making a dedicated server with cambodia, HH, flashback, rok and shau, but it'll only be on for very little time, so can someone make a good one that can be on for a long time....also it's only fun with realistic weaponish but its not realistic mode

Koon
October 6, 2005, 12:34 am
I dont see why it has its own map catagory.

Drop a flag in any DM and its HTF.
Take the flag out of a HTF and its a DM.

Norris Scott
October 6, 2005, 4:44 am
quote:Originally posted by KoonI dont see why it has its own map catagory.

Drop a flag in any DM and its HTF.
Take the flag out of a HTF and its a DM.

Actually it's more of a two-team teammatch :P

Koon
October 8, 2005, 5:13 pm
Except for teams that actually work together to get and guard the flag.

otherwise your right.

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 12:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Silent SoldierYeah, I prefer DM maps with HTF. Shouldn't the HTF use DM maps, I think that would be rather nice.

There is no reason why they couldn't. DM's hve yellow flags for pointmatch.

Koon
October 12, 2005, 1:17 am
pointmatch is like a FFA hold the flag. But it's basically the same concept.

Jenkins
October 12, 2005, 10:53 am
Yeah, is like a cross of CTF and PM, works fine on DM maps.

xtishereb
October 12, 2005, 9:12 pm
Thank god for the /gamemode command. Allowing us to play TM in CTF maps, INF in CTF maps, and HTF in DM maps.

For those of you who don't feel like learning how to use the /gamemode command (if you do feel like it, it's in the manual), typing /gamemode 6 will result in the gamemode being changed to HTF. I recommend starting a TM game with the number of bots you want to have on each team, or just starting a DM and switching to HTF if you don't want bots, or simply setting up the server to use DM maps with the gamemode being HTF if you wanna go dedicated.

Jenkins
October 13, 2005, 7:22 am
Didn't know about that command, thanks mate.

dr.ON
October 13, 2005, 11:23 am
Right, some of a beta testers just r evil, my opinion is: htf game should be played on DM maps, but also we need special maps for htf that by deafult sholud be played only htf :E