( search forums )
interface on cursor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 12:19 am
ok the idea is having the health bar on the soldat and ammo or jet bar on the soldat, or on the cursor with ammo and stuff, this is optional but i just like this idea cus i dont like looking down at my health bar and ammo and stuff thn seeing someone killing me a few seconds later

Keron Cyst
October 6, 2005, 3:40 pm
You can't just quickly glance down / not even look until there are no soldaten around / use your peripheral vision? But this would make those miniature interfaces useful, so I think it's all right.

F3nyx
October 6, 2005, 5:31 pm
ok the idea is making your post hard to read with random fonts

On topic, I know I would NEVER use this as it's really easy to read the indicators in your peripheral vision... but I guess the option wouldn't hurt. I think this would be a feature that very few people would use, though... having both a health and weapon indicator on the crosshair at Soldat's low resolution would block out a good portion of whatever you're aiming at.

oreo_cookie05
October 7, 2005, 3:07 am
i dunno about a whole interface hanging over the cursor, but a small health that floats over the players head could be useful

zyxstand
October 7, 2005, 4:09 am
i like the idea but i cant decide whether i'd prefer the health bar over the head or by th cursor... but ammo indicator would be nice below the cursor
also, maybe having a female voice (like in hl2) tell you your health quickly*
say, maybe she'll just say "15%" or "Warning! 8%"

F3nyx
October 7, 2005, 5:15 am
^^ You could always just look at whether your Soldat is bleeding or not, that's the fastest way to get a health estimate.

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 1:51 pm
If you really want a health indicator that bad, why not do like someone above me said with a logo above your guy, only take the logo and put it behind his back (depending on which way he is facing), that way people don't complaing about wasting bullets on the thing above your head because they were confused. With it behind you, even if they get confused by it, they still hit you.

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 1:02 am
i really dint understand that, but about the ammo being on the cursor i would be around the cursor like a ring

Alamo
October 8, 2005, 1:11 am
a small bar over the soldat's head displaying the health would be very nice...
but i'd also like the health bar on the cursor :)

papasurf31
October 8, 2005, 2:05 am
like how Half life 2 had the ammo and health right on the reticle. Not exactly widely applicable, but might be fun.

BManx2000
October 8, 2005, 2:09 am
I like this idea. Here's a mockup of how it could look:

[IMAGE]

Alpha settings for it would be nice, since it obscures stuff a bit.

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 2:16 am
yah just like that.....thx bmanx

GAMEOVER
October 8, 2005, 4:58 am
haha talk about ultra mini.. which i love, but this might be pushin it.

Unlucky 13
October 8, 2005, 6:19 am
This is my current arrow (an edited version of the target from MECHA SOLDAT), which has a vital bar and an ammo bar. It'd be nice to be able to implement them to move and stuff.
[IMAGE]
(Yes it's small and yes, it is almost impossible to read, shattup)
My idea is that there are multiple images for each bar, each being a stage of health or ammo (one image for full HP and one for half with a max of ten-twenty or so). Just as a really quick reference thing, if it is implemented that way.

Blue Devil
October 8, 2005, 10:03 am
quote:Originally posted by F3nyx[font=Impact]
On topic, I know I would NEVER use this as it's really easy to read the indicators in your peripheral vision... but I guess the option wouldn't hurt. I think this would be a feature that very few people would use, though... having both a health and weapon indicator on the crosshair at Soldat's low resolution would block out a good portion of whatever you're aiming at.

well how many is using playerindicator and sniperline?

It is quiet a good idea, but soldat would lagg even more on oldar computers. F**k them!

F3nyx
October 8, 2005, 10:16 am
^^ It's not going to "lagg" your "oldar computers", features like this have extremely minimal impact.

I gotta say that BManx2000's mockup is prettier and less obtrusive than what I envisioned... if alpha (transparency) settings were included, I might even use it myself.

.Loki
October 9, 2005, 9:38 pm
i had in mind a thinner, like, 1 pixel thick bar. But that looks good too.

Really though, it's cool but not completely necessary. My eyes work well enough to see all my stats.

xtishereb
October 10, 2005, 1:44 am
Hey, if you can't work with Soldat's setup, then you need to work on your preipral vision, something that playing Soldat is very good at improving.

I think there are registered interfaces that compress all the stats into small, easy-to-read bite sized images. Maybe I should make one where it's got the bars, but also compressed stuff in a corner so you don't have to dart your eyes around a lot.

bond_james_bond
October 10, 2005, 1:30 pm
Of course, with Bmanx's idea, you'll have to see the cursor.

If you use sniperline, you get a little tiny dot to aim with.

rabidhamster
October 10, 2005, 5:38 pm
[IMAGE]
i can dream, can't i?

on a more realistic note:
[IMAGE]

although it's hard to tell, the bars in both images have a transparency or 67% (85/255).

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 6:07 pm
wasnt there a game that was a copy of soldat without the jets and jumping that had the ammo on the cursor?

rabidhamster
October 10, 2005, 7:09 pm
i believe so, gimme a sec to search the forums...

Peanut
October 10, 2005, 9:09 pm
u cud make the triangle above ur players head the helth bar, like its filled up wih red and as u get damaged it empties to transparent color