( search forums )
Age Rating of Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
hindll01
October 6, 2005, 4:25 am
Hello,

Does anyone know what the age rating of Soldat is please?

I would like to have a games server at a school and have soldat on the server, but I need to know the age rating. Mostly 15 - 17 year olds will be using it.

Thanks

BlackStar
October 6, 2005, 4:31 am
As Soldat is a freeware game, there is no age rating given to it by a panel like the ESRB. However, I see no reasons why 15 to 17 year olds should not be able to play it. The game obviously features blood and violence (if you've looked at the screenshots on the main page you should know that), but are displayed in a more cartoony manner than a lot of games. Most of the objectable content (violence) can be seen in any screenshot. The only other thing that people might object to is the language, as the pre-loaded taunts and bots both curse. However, the taunts are editable and the bot talking can be turned off.

Hope that helped.

F3nyx
October 6, 2005, 4:59 am
Soldat would probably receive an M rating if commercially released... cartoonish or not, there's a LOT of blood.

But it's not rated.

wormdundee
October 6, 2005, 5:02 am
You never know, if released by an actual company, they may be able to finagle a T rating, but yeh, most likely an M.

However, it can be edited to have no blood :D

solohan50
October 6, 2005, 5:45 am
but what fun would soldat be without an anus load of blood?!

Silent Soldier
October 6, 2005, 6:38 am
Nothing. If I'd be one of ESRB guys, I would give 15+ mebbeh.

Jenkins
October 6, 2005, 6:45 am
Maybe a 15+ because the killing is sorta unprovoked but its the way you look at it that matters.

peemonkey
October 6, 2005, 7:01 am
it makes me want to go out and blast someone with an M79 then kami with a chainsaw and respawn. this video game definitly effects my mind.

FliesLikeABrick
October 6, 2005, 7:24 am
15-17 year olds would not be a problem

i am ahab
October 6, 2005, 9:54 am
quote:
I would like to have a games server at a school and have soldat on the server, but I need to know the age rating. Mostly 15 - 17 year olds will be using it.

so, are you studying there or teaching?

if you need the age rating to be allowed to install and play it on your new server then there is no official document of any sort that you can produce to satisfy your peers.

you could always contact the esrb though and ask them to rate the game ;) thats your best bet if you need an official stamp to be able to play the game.

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 11:52 am
2-4 year olds

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 6:46 pm
Your mom is rated
[IMAGE]
For everyone

yea, a m+ is what it would get...
HL2 has less blood :O

Alamo
October 6, 2005, 7:03 pm
But HL2 depicts it in a very realistic way.

Here in Germany I'd guess it would be 16+ or 18+.

_Mancer_
October 6, 2005, 7:34 pm
I dont think it would be a M... probably Teen.

The blood isnt realistic at all..

Chonoryoku
October 6, 2005, 8:16 pm
T is good, M is going a bit too far.

peemonkey
October 6, 2005, 8:20 pm
yea mancer, but they dont care. if they see red, it goes up. if they see how much blood there actually is in the game, they think it will harm children's minds. it'd get an M rating and a bunch of moms will boycott soldat.

a-4-year-old
October 6, 2005, 9:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyyea mancer, but they dont care. if they see red, it goes up. if they see how much blood there actually is in the game, they think it will harm children's minds. it'd get an M rating and a bunch of moms will boycott soldat.

lol so true...
"soldat made my kid attack the cat."
"soldat trains children to become [CENSORED]ic."
"soldat is terrible after my son played it he went out and got gta san andreas!"

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 9:27 pm
Yeah, but when you get really into soldat, well i did, id wake up in a dream world before school with nothing but soldat on my mind, like reality was soldat for 10 minutes before i snapped into consciousness.

Yeah, this game is suitable for most ages, any age that knows how to press buttons and click mindlessly.

lieroguy
October 7, 2005, 1:14 am
There was a poll conducted about the age of their players a few months ago. I think the averaged age turned out to be something like 16, though the number that popped up the most was 15.

Guys, life is good. I'll post about it in the lounge...

Anyway, I'm 20 (almost 21) and I seem to find that most soldat players act much younger than me, besides most of the forum veterans. Occasionally the older guy will appear (like DNAStyx), but for soldat, people need to have a lot of free time (like kids), or be willing to MAKE time inbetween work and a active life.

peemonkey
October 7, 2005, 3:23 am
what about people with really lax jobs? XD i think im 19 still...dunno anymore. think i was born in april...

m00`
October 7, 2005, 5:05 am
lmao peemonkey

Keron Cyst
October 7, 2005, 6:08 am
I'm 15. Soldat hasn't seemed to desensitize me to violence, and if you dare think it does that to people I'm'a kill you.

Nah, jes' kidding :-P Just keep it away from the weaker-minded or graphic-obsessed.

MOFO NOFO
October 7, 2005, 6:30 am
Why do you always say soldat in BOLD

One of the best people in my clan is 12 =/

Zegovia
October 7, 2005, 10:27 am
It dosent really matter what you rate it, if you all rate it 17, even more youngsters will start playing......

But i say: "rated T for TEEN!"

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 5:19 pm
Rate it E for Everyone.
That way when the dumb 8 year olds go to play it they'll say "WTF E RATING DIZ GAEM MUST B SOOO KIDDY!1!!1LOL1"

defanatic
October 8, 2005, 12:50 pm
2-4 years sounds right. I don't think games should be rated by what they have in them, but by who plays them. My 7 year old autistic cousin plays Half-Life 2 and whatnot, so it should be rated (because he doesn't have nightmares at night, and decide to kill everybody).

a-4-year-old
October 8, 2005, 2:38 pm
well congradulations LUCKY COUSIN he has a computer good enough to PLAY Half-Life2!!!
i think if the rating sistem got any more slack than my mom would not let me ever do anything ever again
(real age 13 lol your a 4 year old thats 13!!!!11!!11!1!!! )
my first console: teh 64 (still 133t!!) about a year after everyone else in the world
ive been alloud to have tEEn games since forever (6-now) never got any better than that :/ she is so controling last night i couldn't choose between a black sweatshirt and a blue sweatshirt,
i know it's depressing to hear, no halo 4 me O-O cept 4 @ friends houses (-_-)

Melba
October 8, 2005, 2:52 pm
NO U

GAMEOVER
October 8, 2005, 4:35 pm
Almost every player in soldat is 16 or under which I hate. Nothing against them but im 22 and you all make me feel old.

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 4:52 pm
...All you "old" people makes me feel young, which I love :D

T-Money
October 8, 2005, 4:52 pm
lol Game...you are old. At least Geo's old too, so you can take some consolation at that.

I think Soldat would definitely make a M if it were to be rated by those silly ESRB [CENSORED]s. The violence is cartoon, sure, but it's pretty damn abundant and the whole idea of the game revolves arond slaughtering your enemies as efficiently as possible.

Captain Ben
October 8, 2005, 5:51 pm
Gameover, I'm 15 and I feel old sometimes :p

KiKAzz
October 8, 2005, 8:47 pm
Everyone's going to be old someday, just gameover will be older. :P

I'd say this game is would be rate t for teen.

lastpatriot
October 8, 2005, 9:50 pm
I'd say M. It doesn't deserve it, but it would.

a-4-year-old
October 9, 2005, 3:40 am
say that blood is a glitch and you will get an E XD

F3nyx
October 9, 2005, 3:48 am
Yes, say that Soldats have to carry cans of red spraypaint and that they explode when the Soldats get shot. That'll work.

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 5:04 am
ROFL. I'd give it a Teen.

SPARTAN_III
October 9, 2005, 9:54 am
to hell with the ESRB [CENSORED]s. i dont give a [CENSORED] about game ratings.

if you forced me to, i would say T

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 12:52 pm
Go jam your 15+ up your ass. I'm 13 and it does't affect me. I like watching the corpses fall, and still no affect

reckon
October 9, 2005, 4:06 pm
Lets make a Hot Coffee mod for soldat to give it an NC-17 rating so only us oldies can play it.
By the way I turn 20 next friday.
Weeeeeeeeeeee.

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 5:43 pm
I'm 22, too .. and I feel old compared to kids who rather trashtalk than play all the time -)

Rating Soldat for older players is pointless, the young ones will always find a way to do what they're not supposed to. And Soldat is a relax game anyway, not a MMORPG, which should and hopefuly will be rated 16+ soon -)

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 6:02 pm
Technically, Soldat would get a Mature rating on the ESRB scale, since it's got all the blood, language, and then all that stuff like /piss and so on. The truth, though, is that the ESRB is a bunch of crap, because all the soccer moms ignore the big black labels on the game boxes and then complain when their five-year-old kids are playing that copy of GTA: Vice City that they personally bought for them. Then they freak out when they find out that you can download a hack off of the Internet to unlock a sexually-themed minigame, and claim the ESRB rated the game wrong even though no one knew that it existed to begin with, and that to even access the content you have to download the hack anyway, which would entail going to websites of a nature that the parents should be blocking their kids from in the first place.
This isn't a topic for ranting about the ESRB though, so I'll shut up.

Pratically, I'd say it's fine for anyone in highschool. It's not like they'll see anything they haven't already seen a million times over. The fact that the game is so heavily moddable doesn't hurt either.

Ok
October 9, 2005, 6:30 pm
Well basicly, Soldat shows you alot of situations where you shoot ppl, you see blood comes out and nothing happens to them, that indeed may lead kids to think they can shoot others and nothing will happen to them!

Also you see ppl blowing themselfs up while typing "weeeeeeee", you see kids going into a saw with alot of excitment!!
I say get the game away from kids anyone under 18! aspecialy those yanks! they are half way there as it is!

Lowhunter
October 9, 2005, 7:01 pm
soldat is a good game it must be 7 and under

Ok
October 9, 2005, 8:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lowhuntersoldat is a good game it must be 7 and under

Next time be a little more efficiant.
"Soldat - Good - seven - under"

sigh...

Outcast
October 9, 2005, 9:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERAlmost every player in soldat is 16 or under which I hate. Nothing against them but im 22 and you all make me feel old.

LMAO. You act like 14 in game.
"WINNAR"
"I WIN!"
etc.

lastpatriot
October 9, 2005, 11:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by OkWell basicly, Soldat shows you alot of situations where you shoot ppl, you see blood comes out and nothing happens to them, that indeed may lead kids to think they can shoot others and nothing will happen to them!

Also you see ppl blowing themselfs up while typing "weeeeeeee", you see kids going into a saw with alot of excitment!!
I say get the game away from kids anyone under 18! aspecialy those yanks! they are half way there as it is!

Hey, any kid who believes that Soldat is an accurate representation of the real world... I'm amazed his fish ancestors could even find their way out of the ocean onto land.

Swarmer
October 9, 2005, 11:19 pm
someone could just make a non-violent mod and turn off the blood (make it transparent?).
If you really have to, you could use that supersoaker mod.

xtishereb
October 10, 2005, 2:04 am
I'd say Soldat is definently Teen (13+). While it does have lots of blood (even more if you mod it =D), you can always mod out the blood (I did that for a "Happy Mod" I'm making) or make it a different color. The default version of Soldat is most definently T because of the blood and language (BTW, I edited the language out and do a language check every time I get new bots, if I want people I frag swearing at me I can play online =P). And because Soldat is so dynamic, it is very hard to give it a definente rating. They should make it T with a little thing that says "Experince may change during online play or from mods." In fact, with mods you can give Soldat a rating anywhere from E 10+ (nerf & paintball mods) to AO (that knife mod which replaces the knife with something that makes /piss more, um, realistic, and the fact you can make your guy appear to be almost naked). So, yeah, only install Soldat on the school's computers if you're in high school or the equivilent (or college).

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 3:13 pm
I am 13. (End of Speech)

Ok
October 10, 2005, 3:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcastquote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERAlmost every player in soldat is 16 or under which I hate. Nothing against them but im 22 and you all make me feel old.

LMAO. You act like 14 in game.
"WINNAR"
"I WIN!"
etc.

This is one of those rare cases where that hot headed slovenian and I agree.
22? holly crap...

Though, I think he is NA, if he is, it all makes sense. (Mommy! brace yourself! here they come!)