( search forums )
Painkiller Mod (work in progress)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Gortaak
October 6, 2005, 6:49 am
ok so, this is my first mod, and ive been working on it a few nites after work, and i want to see what people think of it so far, its not much, a few sound effects, 2 weapons (4 acutally but only 2 different ones) and modded weapons.
This is based off of the first person shooter Painkiller.
i would like some constructive critisim because i know it could be better and would like to be pointed in the right direction.
Now before you start flaming me about the fact that 2 weapons are the same, the reason is this: in painkiller there are 5 weapons, each with a totally unique secondary fire, for example, Voltgun has shruikens as a seoconday, Stake gun has a Grenade Launcher, and the Chaingun has a Rocket Launcher, and the Shotgun has the Freeze gun.
so far i have the Shruiken/Voltgun and the Shotgun/Freeze Gun done graphicly wise(aside from the bullets for teh freeze and Volt, and SFX for the Volt). but i think this will give you a rough idea on how it will turn out.
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3526/screenshot35ku.png[/IMG]
Shruiken gun firing
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4351/screenshot43hl.png[/IMG]
mod link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BL7CZZBK <-- new linkage
wait for the timer to go down, and close the drop down advertise ment to download

PS. Make sure you put the Weapons.ini file in your Soldat Folder or some of the guns wont work right.
PSS. have fun with the stake gun, soo much fun :D

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 4:30 pm
bullets look ugly

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 8:04 pm
non the less you should change the weapons so they have maybie just a slight difference between them...
People just won't like same looking weapons...

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 9:07 am
almost every gun's name end with the word "gun"

totaly lame!

rest is guud though..

HulluMurhari
October 8, 2005, 11:40 pm
hmm, this sounds familiar to me

you should check the earlier forums before you release your mod here, ( in the other hand, my mod could not be found here at these threads ) that means i have already made a mod from painkiller.

people didnt like it, because theyre [CENSORED]s AND they already pointed the [CENSORED]giness here, see -> " almost every gun's name end with the word "gun" totaly lame!" (WHATS UP WITH THAT; THE NAMES CONTAIN WORD "GUN" IN IT)

Good work Gortaag, the gun gfx look beautifull, wiht the shading and all...
too bad i already deleted my mod because of this stupid soldat forum people.

SPARTAN_III
October 9, 2005, 10:23 am
hullumurhari, your mod was stolen from michal's flashpoint mod. so, stfu. "stupid forum people?" excuse me, YOU stole the mod, not us. at least this mod isnt stolen. no, we don't miss your mod. because it was a ripoff. [CENSORED] you.

nice looking weapons, gortaak, but the volt gun and shuriken gun are the same.

October 9, 2005, 10:45 am
censored is back!! YEY!!!

This mod may actually be good

But honestly, don't do 2 guns that look the same

Gortaak
October 9, 2005, 8:29 pm
well, i was working on this a bit more, i have 99% of all t he sfx changed, im changing teh graphics for the guns a bit more, as for the names of the guns, thats w hat they are called in the game, and thats what i named them because its a mod of that game, im also working a few maps, ill upload the more recent mod a little bit later, does anyone have any suggestions for changes to the guns? the Volt gun im putting a blue Hue at the tip of it.
oh, as for all the guns looking the same, i already explained the though process behind it, if you want you can check out the demo at www.painkillergame.com and get the multiplayer demo, so you can more or less understand why i did 2 guns, but i will mod them so they look a bit different
PS. if anyone has the full version, ( i used to but one cd is fukkerd up) could you go on to the 2nd lvl and take a pic of the Stake gun, side view, for me and email or post it here? thanx
and thank you all for the comments and NOT flaming me :D thanks a bunch, ill edit in the new link to the mod so you can enjoy it a bit more :D

Edit: ok here is the link, sorry for the size (11mb) >< im going to finish teh mod then work on making it smaller, its mostly the sfx
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BL7CZZBK
PS turn off secondary and weapons 1 and 2 ( Deaseart Eagle, MP5) as they are not used, i still dont have weapons 7 and 8 ( Stake gun and Grenad Launcher) Graphics done yet, as i dont have a pic of the gun, this is still not finished yet, but here is a bit more of the mod, the sound effects own btw!

Ivan_the_Psycho
October 9, 2005, 10:31 pm
[URL]

Keep on working, Painkiller has potential, if you know how to use it, u'll make v.good soldat mod.

Gortaak
October 10, 2005, 2:20 am
AWESOME!! thanx for that link, , i like those shots better than mine, and now i might redo the graphics a bit, and also change the names of the guns ( Shruiken gun to Driver, and Volt gun to Electro), i am determind to change the fact that everyones first mod sucks, i am gonna make mine worthy of calling Totally 1337 :O
and if anyone has any suggestions on how to make the Electro work ish, help me out please. i need it to look like its shooting electricity, but stop at a certian range, like the flame thrower. thanx