( search forums )
Revolution hack *VIRUS*
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
4 Out Of 5 Dentists
October 6, 2005, 2:19 pm
I'm sure we all know about the hack by now.

But you might not know this: it installs a trojan virus onto your computer.

I'm not sure if any virus scanners can detect it ( mine didnt ), so here's how to get rid of it:

NOTE: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER :)

these instructions are for windows XP users.

go to the start menu, choose 'Run...'

type 'msconfig' then click 'OK'

click the 'Services' tab

scroll down until you find 'Windows Sound',
it should have 'Unknown' as the 'Manufacturer'

uncheck it

restart

delete the file 'C:\Windows\System32\sndserv.exe'

dont use the revolution hack anymore :)

TheFunktopus
October 6, 2005, 2:22 pm
Or, an even better idea, don't use any hacks!

UGK
October 6, 2005, 2:31 pm
Yeah, Why are you even posting about this. We dont use hacks. SO why do we want to know about a freaken virus hacks. THeres like a million of those in an other site i cant say...

i am ahab
October 6, 2005, 2:51 pm
shut up ugk you flamin asshat.

good work dentist with the removal info. although i haven't had any experience with it and so cannot vouch for how right or wrong you are.

i feel that with the way you described that hijackthis could also be used to remove it. with manual deletion of the sndserv file aswell.

although the question remains... why were you using it in the first place? ;)

FliesLikeABrick
October 6, 2005, 2:56 pm
ahab. why do you flame someone just to ask the same question that he asked? He has learned his lesson about spamming, and in addition to that, it isn't up to you to reprimand him for what he does or doesn't spam.

I also heard about the virus potentially being in this, I think someone added it to the original distrobution then distributed it on their own.

edit: and quite frankly, good for them, don't use hacks

edit2: btw 4/5 dentists, you're now banned from my server since apparently you're into hacks, and i know i've seen you in there before

i am ahab
October 6, 2005, 3:02 pm
i wasnt seriously asking the question matey. hence the wink.

no i know its not my position to nail him, but he annoys me so.... i apologise. but i had 2 points that i also made in my post rather than just flaming.

FliesLikeABrick
October 6, 2005, 3:23 pm
k, time for the thread to get back on-topic

Alamo
October 6, 2005, 3:42 pm
I tried the hack too... Will you ban me now? I was curious, used it, saw how it works, sent MM a mail and deleted it. So what? I'd never cheat regularly.

Now I will see if there's really a trojan on my machine.

EDIT: I neither find the .exe nor the service.

i am ahab
October 6, 2005, 3:55 pm
quote:k, time for the thread to get back on-topic
agreed matey. sry im rather hungover today.

alamos findings seem to support what you say bricks. some do install it, some don't. alternatively it could be present in all copies and its succesfull installation depends on OS version, individual pc settings etc..... although that is less likely i think.

what is that latin phrase? buyer beware....

m00`
October 6, 2005, 4:11 pm
BUYER BEWARE YOUR IN FOR A SCARE

wait its actually READER BEWARE YOUR IN FOR A SCARE
lolx

T-Money
October 6, 2005, 5:52 pm
GOOSEBUMPS!!

That is so ten years ago.

peemonkey
October 6, 2005, 6:07 pm
lol, i remember that stuff from like, 3rd grade! :P
hacks are kinda pointless now that we have a weapons editor...

Da cHeeSeMaN
October 6, 2005, 8:03 pm
THIS WOULD KILL HACKERS DONT TELL PEOPS HOW TO KILL THE TROJANS YOU DUMB [CENSORED]...

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
October 6, 2005, 9:02 pm
hmm such nice responses :)

no im not into hacks, but i like trying stuff out :d

the revolution hack looked like it had quite a bit of effort put into it, but un/fortunately it wouldnt work for me...

a-4-year-old
October 6, 2005, 9:08 pm
nicely put he is a dumb [CENSORED]
retard, why the hell would you help hackers, they would have been taught a lesson about being dumb [CENSORED]s but no dumbass here joined the forums just to help hackers, hacktard! (lol i know XD)
blame nintendo and their sucky revolution!

Ok
October 6, 2005, 9:12 pm
Basicly you were trying to help someone who wants to use hacks.
And don't give me that crap about "trying stuff", you were about to join a server with it.
And by that ruining the fun for the rest of the players.

So first of all, I think its a very good punsishment for anyone who wants to ..."try stuff".
Second of all, I think that an admin should start doing his job and delete this thread insted of locking it.

Deleted User
October 6, 2005, 9:24 pm
Well, before its locked...

Either the creator is a [CENSORED],

or hes a genius on f*cking up newbie hackers, regardless if he meant to or not. Go hacks go! Teach them newbies what happens when you play with fire and get burnt. ;o

Hoodlum
October 6, 2005, 9:46 pm
Your an idiot for downloading this hack anyway.

Anyone can bind a trojan to a program for example ProRat one of the most easiest trojans to use just click the file you want to bind it with but I have a good guideline to follow use skill not hacks.

fcpidolo
October 6, 2005, 10:23 pm
is there anyone here with sense of 'helping the regreted leechers'? yes, hackers should be banned, but does that mean that they need to get their pc screwed up just because they leeched an hack? most of them have learned their lesson, and who knows, they wont mess with illegal stuff anymore (who knows, the future bill gates thx to this guy's trojan remover tut ;)?).

ps: for ppl that r slow in mind, i didnt used this hack, just cuz i dont trust on any kind of illegal tools made by unknown ppl, cuz i hate any tools that help u beat a game, which screws the whole point of it. this tut wouldnt help me anyway, since i hate windows XP (yea, old pc which does not have windows XP ;D)

so, resuming, heres u lesson u lil leechers that like to mess in servers ^^

4 Out Of 5 Dentists
October 6, 2005, 11:45 pm
wow

i didnt realize there was such a negative stance against 'hacks' here

i dont use hacks in servers, its really just something thats fun to play around with. sorry for causing trouble

anyway i think this topic has run out of usefulness so it should be locked now :P

fcpidolo
October 6, 2005, 11:52 pm
i actually vote of this getting sticky, so it helps ppl reading that that hack is actually infected, so they stop using it, and soldat can go back to normal, with a bunch few less ammount of hackers... of course, all useless replies could be deleted, this it would be only to help the fellow soldat players that decided to join the dark side, with a price

Social Poison
October 7, 2005, 12:03 am
Heh... stole the virus name from Uplink. :P

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 12:37 am
quote:Originally posted by 4 Out Of 5 Dentistswow

i didnt realize there was such a negative stance against 'hacks' here

i dont use hacks in servers, its really just something thats fun to play around with. sorry for causing trouble

anyway i think this topic has run out of usefulness so it should be locked now :P

Yeah, considering this is the OFFICIAL soldat forums where the creator of the game can be found often. I dont think anyone is going to take kindly to hackers regardless - theres a warning message right in soldat before you start it up. (If you're not registered i beleive, but anyways,)

See, i wouldnt have a problem with hacks, as long as people used them in their own single player games, or did it in private games to play with it, provided the people they played with accepted the hack for use in that server. Using it publicly in a legitimate game regardless of whether or not you're playing around is not only lame for you because you're not playing the game, and you're ruining a legit game in progress,

thats why.

The Geologist
October 7, 2005, 12:47 am
Most of these idiots are just running a program. They don't know to "hack".

FliesLikeABrick
October 7, 2005, 2:02 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistMost of these idiots are just running a program. They don't know to "hack".

m00`
October 7, 2005, 2:20 am
AKA SCRIPT KIDDIES

frogboy
October 7, 2005, 2:29 am
Yeah, they have no idea what's in the cheat, but they download and run it anyway and this happens.

KiKAzz
October 7, 2005, 3:11 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`AKA SCRIPT KIDDIES

F3nyx
October 7, 2005, 5:55 am
THIS JUST IN: hacks can ruin a game of Soldat. In related news, you're a douchenozzle, Dentists... I hope you'll be fatally injured by a sharp fragment of your graphics card when your computer explodes.

edit: Posted before thread was locked, go me

MOFO NOFO
October 7, 2005, 6:22 am
I found that file on my pc and removed it before i read this.. I've only used it once to test it with bots n stuff. Anyways, Flies, even if you DID ban me it wouldent be a loss.. i only go on your serv once a month ;).

EDIT: In before the lock.

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 1:42 pm
If you want to test hacks out use them with bots and stop saying "LOLX Y U B& ME I WUZ JUS TESTNG THM OUT!?11!/?". That's what bots are for, testing [CENSORED] like this out.

GAMEOVER
October 7, 2005, 3:23 pm
Well thats what you get downloading "hacks" you never know what your getting and shouldnt be downloading them in the 1st place.