( search forums )
Can we do something with the friendly fire ?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Leo
October 7, 2005, 12:32 pm
I run 2 popular realistic servers. I want to have FF on but I can't since there is nothing from stopping tkillers. Is it hard to have a future in the next version so that tkillers get auto-kicked or auto-ban ?

Silent Soldier
October 7, 2005, 6:26 pm
Yes that would be very nice, maybe auto-kick for 10 teamkills..?
P.S. I love to play on your servers.

Leo
October 7, 2005, 8:39 pm
Thanks Silent Soldier, I hope MM will have a thought about this :)

tRaQs
October 7, 2005, 8:45 pm
haha. you run those n8v ones or whatever?

but yeah, three tks should equal = kick.
if they come on and do it again = ban.

Chameleon
October 7, 2005, 9:18 pm
maybe like 3 tks in a certain time or something

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 9:41 pm
tRaQs, |n|8|v|Io.sys runs those servers, and I hope this idea will happen soon, it is a very good idea.

xtishereb
October 7, 2005, 9:56 pm
Yeah. That'd be good, something not too harsh, like 5 teamkills in 60 seconds will get you kicked. I've had problems with accidently teamkilling in other games (Counter-Strike), so that would be okay.

Deleted User
October 7, 2005, 10:43 pm
But teamkilling while boasting of how great you are in horrible english is such bliss!

a-4-year-old
October 8, 2005, 3:32 am
what about for killing a teammate you get -1 kill you can kickatize them after
noob=-23 kills

_Mancer_
October 8, 2005, 4:06 am
A better idea:

The person gets banned after 3 or more team kills in a row, with a certain span of time (lets say, 15-25 seconds)

Captain Ben
October 8, 2005, 4:44 am
If you don't want teamkillers, then why is friendly fire on?

The Geologist
October 8, 2005, 4:51 am
Because friendly fire is realistic, silly.

I'd like Mancers idea, because there have been occasions where I have turned around and started to kill other teamkillers, if only to save the rest of my team the annoyance of getting shot as they spawn. Wouldn't want to get booted for doing such.

Leo
October 8, 2005, 9:11 am
What you mean guys by "span of time" ?

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 9:48 am
Can't this be done via a script for a server admin prog?

F3nyx
October 8, 2005, 10:20 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_A better idea:

The person gets banned after 3 or more team kills in a row, with a certain span of time (lets say, 15-25 seconds)
This would be best, IMO.

quote:Originally posted by Captain BenIf you don't want teamkillers, then why is friendly fire on?
Because it forces people to fire more carefully so that they won't hit their own teammates. It can be a pretty interesting challenge.

Jenkins
October 8, 2005, 10:32 am
GO LEO!!!
Your servers and maps are awesome.

Yes, freindly fire is definatly a must in realistic servers maybe you should email MM.

(F3nyx i like the way you classify M79 as oine of your secondary weapons.)

Mielos
October 8, 2005, 10:49 am
quote:The person gets banned after 3 or more team kills in a row, with a certain span of time (lets say, 15-25 seconds)

Once they find out it works that way they might go teamkilling 2 people, kill an enmy and teamkill 2 people again etc etc.

I prefer the 3tk in 5 minutes, there should also be a way to change the auto tk kick settings then.

Leo
October 8, 2005, 11:23 am
Let's not turn simple things into complicated ones. There should be a setting in soldat.ini, for example "tkillsallowed=x". Then whenever a player tkills that number of times in a round, regardless of the time or whatever else he gets autobanned for a period of time, maybe 60 minutes. You can tell that he can come back after and do it again, however this will get the attention of an admin and he can then decide, the admin, if the player will get a perminent ban from the server.

p.s Than you Jenkins, I am trying to make my servers a nice place to be :)

a-4-year-old
October 8, 2005, 2:55 pm
the admin should control it cus a lot of times you throw a nade and a teammate might try to get you kicked so he kills himself on your nade
+ i usually go [CENSORED] SORRY while playing and get myself typekilled :/

i am ahab
October 8, 2005, 2:57 pm
you could write something like that in php leo ;)

Leo
October 8, 2005, 3:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabyou could write something like that in php leo ;)

I wish I could but I can't program in any language :(