( search forums )
LAW --> M240B
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Keron Cyst
October 8, 2005, 2:54 am
M72 Light Anti-tank Weapon to M240B Machine Gun

[IMAGE]

Unfortunately you can't see the bipod very well in the pic.; it sticks out extremely well in-game. And yes, I called it a "tripod" in the image. Shut up.

quote:M240 Machine Gun: ground-mounted, gas-operated, crew-served machine gun. This reliable 7.62mm machine gun delivers more energy to the target than the smaller caliber M-249 SAW. It is being issued to infantry, armor, combat engineer, special force/rangers, and selected field artillery units that require medium support fires and will replace the ground-mounted M-60 series machine guns currently in use.

A bit of the interface-gfx sticks out at the bottom of the weapon chart but I can't squish it any more without losing a lot of detail :-/ Also I don't have any charge .WAV as it has a long startuptime (it's supposed to hold a point, not storm), either.

[URL] (If you don't want it to permanently replace your LAW make sure you move the folder M240B into Soldat\Mods\ and add " -mod M240B" to a shortcut's Target attribute; .INI mod-users, the mod uses the original weapon set .INI files so just copy your mod's .INI attributes and replace everything but the LAW's)

BTW, this has nothing to do with the slow pace of the Null Soldat Mod as this was finished weeks ago; I just kept forgetting to release it :-P

October 8, 2005, 3:27 am
... nice. rlly nice...
but the other world war II mod had a more 'prominent' bipod.

Keron Cyst
October 8, 2005, 3:58 am
"Other?" Huh? "World war II?" The M240B is in use today. And I would've changed missile.BMP if different bullet-types with the LAW were not invisible (and thus making it useless)...

GAMEOVER
October 8, 2005, 5:06 am
Thats nice man lol

October 8, 2005, 8:27 am
i mean, there are other bipods that are... 'prominent'

thrall78
October 8, 2005, 2:09 pm
The downloadslink is down :( , UP please! :D

Keron Cyst
October 8, 2005, 4:40 pm
"Stick out more," you mean? It does. You just have to play it in-game; the images are unreliable. I already posted that in the threadstarter.

Thanks, thrall'; at least now I know who actually tried checking it out <_<

thrall78
October 8, 2005, 5:35 pm
Oh! ok :)

xtishereb
October 8, 2005, 8:34 pm
[IMAGE]

Lols love teh M240B.

And so do I! Nice work.

SPARTAN_III
October 9, 2005, 7:59 am
i believe the m240 is actually called the FN MAG, and designated the m240 by the military. the manufacturers designation is FN MAG, made by the FN belgian weapon manufacturers (incidentally the same people who made the M249)

Keron Cyst
October 12, 2005, 7:00 pm
lol

xtishereb, you found out the weapon-gfx secret? Go ahead; try flipping the original image vertically and adding -1 to the flipped version; it'll screw up :-P