( search forums )
spectating
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chameleon
October 8, 2005, 3:55 am
when you are in spectator mode, you should be able to see gun functions, health and jet of the person you are following. and maybe like their curser, so you can see what they are aiming at

a-4-year-old
October 8, 2005, 2:49 pm
oh like your interface at the bottom of the screen shows information about the person you are following, in that case that is a great idea!

Koon
October 8, 2005, 5:04 pm
sure.

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 3:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chameleonwhen you are in spectator mode, you should be able to see gun functions, health and jet of the person you are following. and maybe like their curser, so you can see what they are aiming at

thats a very good idea, but how many people actually stay inspectate mode, unless it's a new member to a clan watching a training or scrimmage of some sort.

Keron Cyst
October 9, 2005, 4:32 pm
I like it. This should also be for tracking someone while you're dead.

a-4-year-old
October 9, 2005, 4:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by wurstEnemy0013[brthats a very good idea, but how many people actually stay inspectate mode, unless it's a new member to a clan watching a training or scrimmage of some sort.

1-survival mode
2-moooooovvvvvvvviiiiiieeeeeeesssss

need i say more, exellent idea

xtishereb
October 9, 2005, 5:23 pm
Yeah, but couldn't this be used in a clanwar to spy on the enemy? Like more than it is now?

Don't mind me, I'm the guy who got flamed on a DDR forum for suggesting that people might have photoshopped high scores without any proof for or against, posted in an off-topic forum.

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 6:06 pm
Soldat is so fast-paced, any information you gleam about any one player would be inaccurate by the time you're able to report to the team about it, I imagine. I mean, it's not like spectators have team chat, right?

Of course, I'm not even in any clans, so I'm not exactly an expert on the subject...

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 9:56 pm
Spectators could be using Teamspeak...

It would be very useful while watching demos though.

Keron Cyst
October 9, 2005, 10:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by YoMammasMammaSoldat is so fast-paced, any information you gleam about any one player would be inaccurate by the time you're able to report to the team about it, I imagine....
Matches don't end in one minute! :-P

xtishereb
October 9, 2005, 11:16 pm
Perhaps it should only be available while watching demos. This would prevent abuse by wanna-be spies in clanwars, or wannabe spies period.

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 2:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by xtisherebYeah, but couldn't this be used in a clanwar to spy on the enemy? Like more than it is now?

Don't mind me, I'm the guy who got flamed on a DDR forum for suggesting that people might have photoshopped high scores without any proof for or against, posted in an off-topic forum.

No, in most clans, like my 2, we've got a players TS and a non-player TS. The people not playing watch from the Non-Playing TS server, and need the password for the playing one, changes everygame, that way noone can come in and say whats going on. I hate survival mode.

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 4:29 am
What about seeing their Interface, that is, if they have a different one

Chameleon
October 20, 2005, 6:51 am
seeing the others interface? no, i dont think so. but i think seeing their health, aimer, jets and gun functions would be possible. seeing their aimer would maybe help finding people that have anti-recoil hacks (in real mode). and also it would just be a cool feature to have. maybe press a button, like F9 to toggle it, when your spectating, or dead (mainly survival mode)

also for demos