( search forums )
i got $250 for a gfx card. which one.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
peemonkey
October 8, 2005, 5:45 am
prefereably with pixels shade 2.0 or higher, and all the fun stuff to make the source engine scream out with a visual orgasm.

a-4-year-old
October 8, 2005, 3:35 pm
well you need to find one that fits your mother board, and you really don't want a visual orgasm *shudders*

i am ahab
October 8, 2005, 3:50 pm
agp or pci-e?

current best agp buy budget imo is a nvidia 6600GT (dont buy one that doesnt say gt)128/256 Mb. offers best current performance for agp. in the uk is about £80-130 in the uk. depends on manufacturer and the speed they clock the chipset too. there is a good silent model by gigabyte that uses no fans and funky heatsinks= no noise at all and is v.quick. there is talk of ati releasing an axp varient of some x series card thatis going to outperform the gt but prices weren't mentioned when i last looked a few weeks back.

but if you have pci-e then your options are more varied. id look at the gigabyte gt in a pci-e config tough. look up a GV-NX66T128VP - supports dual monitors too.

whats the rest of your specs dude?

mar77a
October 8, 2005, 4:11 pm
Spend it on something more useful like a guitar or a bike. *cough*

Ge-Force 4 from NVidia.

peemonkey
October 8, 2005, 5:28 pm
i cant play guitar, and ialready have motorcycle :P this money goes towards a Ka-bar and a gfx card. ive been trying to find out what my slot type is, but eMachines has crappy customer service. i got a geforce 4mx built in, so like, yea....i definitly need something better :P
edit: it's AGP. if i had a credit card i could get a nice cheap card of the internets, but credit cards cause americans.

a-4-year-old
October 8, 2005, 6:04 pm
oh no you didn't!!!

AerialAssault
October 8, 2005, 6:23 pm
peemonkey, if youve got $250 to spend on a new video card. make sure youve got a decent processor and at least a gig of ram.

if so, then heres the best deal on the market : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125186

just make damn sure youve got adequate airflow in your case and a decent power supply. if not, a new case and a new PSU can run you about only $100 if you know what to get.

peemonkey
October 8, 2005, 7:28 pm
im thinkin either a radion 9800 pro or a nvidia 6600GT...all i have to do is shop around...maybe theyll let me in compUSA again...

peemonkey
October 12, 2005, 7:47 pm
update: just bought the 6600 GT for $183.59, and CompUSA actually let me in, but had the price of it at $249.95... imma install tomarra and turn all mah settings to high :D

peemonkey
October 12, 2005, 9:37 pm
update again: installed it, holy [CENSORED], so many new features and even games are now available to me :D sooo [CENSORED]ing pretty is CSS and gmod with full settings XD

m00`
October 13, 2005, 6:33 am
congratulations:D