( search forums )
Clay Animation
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
mickle89
October 8, 2005, 8:26 am
I'm going to have a go at clay animation. Just using a webcam and some basic plastice stuff (nothing pro). I've had a look around and found some programs to capture and put together the frames, (eg. MonkeyCam and Anasazi).

I was wondering if anyone has tried Claymation before and knew of a good, free, simple program for capturing frames and coverting them to avi)

Melba
October 8, 2005, 3:45 pm
http://www.virtualdub.org/

I [CENSORED]ing LOVE clay animation so go for it!

I remember one time at a shopping mall, there were these two guys, and they gave us plastiline and then we made a movie frame by frame. :)
...took forever to do at a shopping mall though. only got about 10 seconds before we had to go though. mostly because there were stupid brats there who [CENSORED]ed up the story.

mickle89
October 8, 2005, 5:23 pm
Ah, I've seen this proggie before - only to compress a little movie i made. Quite complex! I've read the very complex help file but remind me - How would you capture from a webcam?

EDIT: OMG IM SO PRO!!11!1!!1!!! Figured it. Just goto remember how i got there now.

mickle89
October 10, 2005, 4:17 pm
In VirtualDub is there a way to capture an individual frame/photo from a webcam when its in video mode?

Melba
October 10, 2005, 4:26 pm
I doubt it

Deleted User
October 10, 2005, 7:10 pm
My brother and I made 4 or 5 claymation movies last year with actual clay figures and plastic G.I joes. They came out pretty good actualy :) Since then though we hav'nt had time to do anymopre. We used the platipus animator which I dont htink exists anymore :-/

mickle89
October 11, 2005, 8:39 am
Holy [CENSORED]. The Aardman warehouse burnt down. Everything lost.

n00bface
October 11, 2005, 9:14 am
i went to aardman studios when i was 8 for a tour :o that sucks.

RenegadeQwerty
October 11, 2005, 9:23 am
Clay animations yay!! i used to make them when i was 7 yrs old :0 the good old days