( search forums )
Inch teleporting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Jenkins
October 8, 2005, 10:36 am
I am noticing quite a few people who teleport inch by by inch (which is pretty fast) across the screen making them move 3 to 4 time the speed of a normal soldat. Now i was wondering does this mean they are a hacker, or just have really bad lag. It extremely annoying especially in CTF servers as they score before anyone noticed the captured the flags.

Just a confirmation on what they are, hacker or lagger.

Thanks. :)

paramud
October 8, 2005, 10:47 am
Both.
Either.
I haven't heard of an inch teleport hack, but it couldn't be too hard.
And I have seen lag that makes people dissapear from the map, and then they reappear 5 seconds later, across the entire screen.
Look at their ping, and you will find out.

October 8, 2005, 3:03 pm
happened to me, very rarely though
I would die for no apparent reason and respawn 4 inches away with the weapons menu active and full health. creeepyy.

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 4:18 pm
There is an old speed hack that makes them look like they are teleporting. How far they are teleporting would be determined by how fast they are going.

GAMEOVER
October 8, 2005, 4:29 pm
Sounds like warping which is comon on a really laggy server. It appears that their going fast because they disappear inbetween movements but really their not going any faster.

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 4:31 pm
Hackers teleport fast and usually go through walls/fly in the air without jets.
Laggers have high pings and teleport at the same speed as a normal player would move.

October 8, 2005, 5:23 pm
wrong, the teleport effect is because of missing packets

BManx2000
October 8, 2005, 5:54 pm
It sounds like a speedhack, since he says the guy moves faster and captures the flag a lot.

Deleted User
October 8, 2005, 8:17 pm
If they're scoring extremely fast then they're obviously a hacker. Damned hackers. :\

Jenkins
October 9, 2005, 8:03 am
YEAH, I HATE THEM ALL.

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 12:49 pm
If its moded, and everythings is jumpy, that is the problem.

Lowhunter
October 9, 2005, 7:17 pm
not me.not the empire

Lowhunter
October 9, 2005, 7:18 pm
yeah

F3nyx
October 9, 2005, 7:48 pm
There's another possible cause. There's a bug that causes people to disconnect and reconnect to the game very rapidly, and they'll keep disappearing and reappearing with the "spawn" effect. If this is the case, you'll see "So-and-so left the game"..."So-and-so joined the game"..."So-and-so left the game" over and over.

Maybe this was a bug that got fixed, I dunno, but it did produce effects similar to what you're describing.

BTW, to fix this bug the player will usually need to manually exit the game and rejoin.

Lowhunter
October 9, 2005, 7:53 pm
F3nyx is a noob!!!!!ahahah

Lowhunter
October 9, 2005, 7:55 pm
ur noob too!

Deleted User
October 9, 2005, 8:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by F3nyxThere's another possible cause. There's a bug that causes people to disconnect and reconnect to the game very rapidly, and they'll keep disappearing and reappearing with the "spawn" effect. If this is the case, you'll see "So-and-so left the game"..."So-and-so joined the game"..."So-and-so left the game" over and over.

Maybe this was a bug that got fixed, I dunno, but it did produce effects similar to what you're describing.

Nope, not fixed. And Leeroy, it's probably just a telehack put at a slower pace than most of them, lag wouldn't make them move three times as fast.

KiKAzz
October 10, 2005, 6:59 am
Weapon mod servers usually put big recoil on the weapons too push you back really far. Also what is up with the disconnecting respawn bug?

Jenkins
October 10, 2005, 11:38 am
Yeah that bug happened to me once, its really annoying.
Can that happen to anyone or only if you got bad internet or something.